Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Greensnip's raw and slab sale19550

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Ya beat me!
Post 101 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@00slim
You got the batman 423. I'm jealous of that and poison ivy
Post 102 IP   flag post
@Bronte Not complaining. Just sayin’ 👍🏼
Post 103 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Dude, @briangreensnips ,why are you selling $50-$100 books for $5 to $8 ?

Bat 181 in that grade (beat around 1.0 plus no pins so technical grade is .5 ) is a pretty easy $100 BIN sale on eBay.

Hell,you could easily IMHO gotten $75 for it here.

That marvel premiere 15 is another easy $50-$100 book……a mid grade bat 523 newsstand is also a $50 book.

Your prices on those 3 keys total less than $20.

Seriously, why would you sell legit key books for 5% to 10% of FMV for raw copies in the same conditions?
Post 104 IP   flag post
@ComicHoarder Don’t hate, participate.

50% of my purchases so far will be gifts for friends who couldn’t otherwise afford these books.
Post 105 IP   flag post

Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder

Bat 181 in that grade (beat around 1.0 plus no pins so technical grade is .5 ) is a pretty easy $100 BIN sale on eBay.

That marvel premiere 15 is another easy $50-$100 book……a mid grade bat 523 newsstand is also a $50 book.

Seriously, why would you sell legit key books for 5% to 10% of FMV for raw copies in the same conditions?

There are a lot of flaws on some of these books. If I price them too high, then they just sit. There are several other books that I already priced very fairly here and no one wants them.
Post 106 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@ComicHoarder

Although I have never bought from Brian. I'm pretty sure he is legit and is a stand up guy. Why he does it, who knows? Different folks on the forums have done favors for their peers. Not everything is about money.
Post 107 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
@ComicHoarder Don’t hate, participate.

50% of my purchases so far will be gifts for friends who couldn’t otherwise afford these books.

Lol, sure they will.
Post 108 IP   flag post
@ComicHoarder uhhh, ok.
Post 109 IP   flag post
I have a lot of these books in much higher grades. So I am purging a little bit. I only have time to post a couple more books tonight and I will probably be too busy to post anything tomorrow. Hoping to post some more on Sunday. Thanks so far for those that have claimed some books. I will probably start making up some totals and collecting some funds about the middle of next week.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComicHoarder

There are a lot of flaws on some of these books. If I price them too high, then they just sit. There are several other books that I already priced very fairly here and no one wants them.

The other books that didn’t sell, think why they have not sold.

Those keys are buried in the middle of a sales thread that has been active for a week or so….you didn’t notate which books (key wise) you’d be offering in the thread title or the opening post.

Look at the CGC forums sales threads, that’s how sellers raise interest and sell keys on the boards- at fair deals/discounts.

I’ve been selling comics for almost 3 decades, you are doing everything that you can to stab your self in the foot with a pickaxe.

I’m saying this to help you, you are literally giving keys away for next to nothing.

If I were you, I’d start a separate sales thread, close this one and allow any claims to be shipped with a retooled, new sales thread.
Post 111 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Marvel Giant Size Super villain team up. #1
VF $6.00

I’ll take this one, Brian. Please start me a pile, sir!!! 👍👍🤣🤣
Post 112 IP   flag post
@ComicHoarder Batman 423 & Godzilla #1 are going to my buddy Luke. I got him a nice Godzilla 1 that later graded 9.6. I figured he’d like a reader copy. He loved the Bats 423 I sold last year. I figured he’d like one he can display.

Batman 181 will go to my friend Casey who loves the character. I have a CGC 3.0 copy already.

I’ll keep the others. I sold my Marvel Special Edition 15 (8.0) a while ago. This is a placeholder until I upgrade.
Post 113 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@ComicHoarder

Although I have never bought from Brian. I'm pretty sure he is legit and is a stand up guy. Why he does it, who knows? Different folks on the forums have done favors for their peers. Not everything is about money.

I am sure Brian is a. Ice, stand up guy- I didn’t say he wasn’t.

A sales thread is explicitly about selling books ie generating funds.

Brian bought a collection, hence the start of this thread.

Helping your peers with deals has to work for both parties, not just the buyer.

There’s no conceivable way that Brian is not getting screwed by selling hot keys for 5%, to 10%, tops, of FMV.

If you feel otherwise, sell me a $100 book for $6, a $75 book for $5 and a $50 book for $5.

That is what the bat 181, marvel premiere 15 and bat 423 are worth, as is.

As a dealer, I would have been happy to buy the bat 181 at $50, , for example, and even that would be a steal.

Pull 3 books out of your collection and sell of similar value and post them up for sale and than tell me how you feel.
Post 114 IP   flag post
As I mentioned, not everything is about money. I have tried selling books lower than FMV on the forums in the past and no takers. I put on ebay for considerably more and they sold. I was willing to take a smaller profit on the books to hopefully make a member happy. It didn't work out.

On my first trade, on the forums,I included a slabbed book for free to the guy because I wanted my first trade to go well. I made no mention of the slab during the trade and the person was genuinely surprised when he got the bonus book.

My point is not everyone is motivated by money.

Let's drop this and let Brian have his sale thread in peace.
Post 115 IP   flag post

Avengers #54 2.5 CGC
$46.
Plus $15. Shipping in the US
Post 116 IP   flag post

Thor #337newstand copy CBCS 3.0
$50.
Plus $15.shipping in the US.
Post 117 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I vouch for @BrianGreensnips any day of the week.
Post 118 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I vouch for @BrianGreensnips any day of the week.

I think all of us who have been posting regularly on this board for a while would vouch for @briangreensnips

He has run a decent amount of sales threads over the past couple years, and every buyer has had no issues with damaged books or anything else. 👍
Post 119 IP   flag post
Quote:

Swamp Thing #1
Fine range. Book is complete with no writing or markings in the book. Staples in good condition. Needs a clean and press. Possibly a good book to get slabbed.
$160. No Media mail option on this book.

Nice book, probably around an 8.0/8.5 as is and may press up as high as a 9.0-9.2 with 9.0 more likely- though it could get hammered at 8.5.

@tonystark , you may be interested in this book at Brian’s asking price of 160 as well as his Super Villian team up 1 VF, which I am claiming for the $6 or $8 Brian has on it, if you don’t want it.

I just don’t like pressing giant size square bounds and you bought 2 books from me ( 2 copies of the 1st Road Runner) about a month ago through mycomicshop so you can claim the super villian team up 1, it’s crazy that no one else has claimed it yet.

Tbh, this swamp thing 1 is a good buy at 160, but I need to cut back to sticking with books I’m more focused on and hoard less 🤷🏻
Post 120 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
You know so much about everything. Buy it instead of telling everyone else. You sell it since you are all knowing.

Edit: the tear in the back puts it at 8.5. You are smart though.
Post 121 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
Quote:

VF $6.00

I claimed the Giant Size last night.
Post 122 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
Quote:

VF $6.00

Got you. Sorry for the delay.
Post 123 IP   flag post
Swamp Thing 1 is claimed.
Thanks B.
Post 124 IP   flag post
I should be back to posting more tomorrow. I had a great time at my son's Commencement Ceromony and this evening with my friends from our grade school group. We graduated from high school 40 years ago this year.
Post 125 IP   flag post
Quote:
Swamp Thing 1 is claimed.
Thanks B.

@briangreensnips
I’m not sure if you are telling me someone has claimed the Swamp Thing #1, already or if you misinterpreted my post as claiming the Swamp Thing #1.

I did not claim the Swamp Thing #1, I was just giving it a bump as I know Tony pressed books and goes after bronze keys so I thought I’d tag him and give that post of yours a bump.

@heinzdad , no need for hostility, if I wanted a Swamp Thing 1, I’d claim it. I am trying to help a boardie sell a book to another boardie that may be interested in buying a book.

That said, yes- you’re correct about the edge tear on the BC being a grade limiting issue (tho it’s tiny so a 9.0 wouldn’t be too unlikely) but I am not that sure it isn’t a grippers’ tear, which would be considered a manufacturers’ defect by CGC or CBCS.

I recall having such a tear on the BC of a Preacher #1 years ago, which I got a 9.8 on.

A friend of mine (who worked as a first pressman) told me about that, back than.

✌️
Post 126 IP   flag post
@ComicHoarder I understood you. Someone else claimed it. Thanks though.
Post 127 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user
I'll take the Warp 1 and the Ms. Tree 3D, unless they've already been claimed by someone else.
Post 128 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonestar
I'll take the Warp 1 and the Ms. Tree 3D, unless they've already been claimed by someone else.

You got them.
Thanks.
Post 129 IP   flag post

GI Joe #55. CGC 9.6
$50.
Plus $15 shipping in the US
Post 130 IP   flag post
597970 221 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?