Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Where the *$?k is my Dave Gibbons signed book?!?19065

Collector KMiracleman private msg quote post Address this user
So tired of the wait...so tired of the lies.

I emailed the "Regional Manager" for the midwest - a "Mike Gardner" - back in SEPTEMBER OF LAST YEAR. He first lied to me and said my book was in line for grading. When I told him I wasn't stupid and could read the words "Billing" on my account (not "grading" - I know the difference), he replied that "...all books at CBCS are in 32 week TAT right now, and your book has been in for 19 weeks". Okaaaayyyy...so now it's been four months since that email, so a 35 week purgatory has been extended again? I just emailed him this past weekend aaaanndddd...NO REPLY. Since I heard from "Mike Gardner" last, CBCS has the nerve to schedule yet ANOTHER Dave Gibbons signing. WHERE IS MY BOOK? Never again, folks...NEVER again. Once I eventually get this book back (crossing fingers), I turn my back permanently on this company.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector LotsaSequel private msg quote post Address this user
Tbf, cbcs has made it pretty clear they’re happy to take your money and not at all worried about delivering your product in a timely manner. They doubled down on this when they introduced the new express tiers before clearing out their ridiculous backlog first and instead encouraged people to pay to jump ahead of everyone (like you) that have been waiting. Not to mention the scandal of allowing employees to take customer books home that they never would have admitted to if they hadn’t lost one of their biggest dealer’s shipments. Beckett should fire everyone from the top down and fill these positions with ethical employees that actually care.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Was it part of a Signature event?

Did you submit for pressing?

Did you submit with fast pass/express?

If it was a signature event; Mr Gibbons of course had to actually sign all of the books before being entered into the grading queue.

If you submitted for pressing; then you’re a quarter of the way there!

If you paid for Express with out pressing then you qualify for free grading.

4-5 months in over a 2 year turnaround on standard subs? Chill out.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash

If it was a signature event; Mr Gibbons of course had to actually sign all of the books before being entered into the grading queue.

"Chill out"? Is it still 1985? It only been 4-5 months since I emailed the Regional Manager. It's been since April of last year when the submission was received. Why would CBCS schedule a new signing with Gibbons if he hasn't finished signing all the books from the previous signing? When I get bald-faced lied to, I cannot "chill out". I'm done. I just want a straight answer. I would guess that McFarlane received 10 times the number of books that Gibbons receives, and I already have my book back from that signing!! That is a company that provides a good, timely and reliable service. CBCS has proven that they cannot and will not. Done.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMiracleman
Quote:

"Chill out"? Is it still 1985? It only been 4-5 months since I emailed the Regional Manager. It's been since April of last year when the submission was received. Why would CBCS schedule a new signing with Gibbons if he hasn't finished signing all the books from the previous signing? When I get bald-faced lied to, I cannot "chill out". I'm done. I just want a straight answer. I would guess that McFarlane received 10 times the number of books that Gibbons receives, and I already have my book back from that signing!! That is a company that provides a good, timely and reliable service. CBCS has proven that they cannot and will not. Done.

I didn’t say Gibbons was still signing, the only timeframe you gave was Sept, and no it’s not still 1985.

Post 5 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I would guess that McFarlane received 10 times the number of books that Gibbons receives, and I already have my book back from that signing!! That is a company that provides a good, timely and reliable service. CBCS has proven that they cannot and will not. Done.

If it makes you feel better... my 17 week TAT only took 51 weeks.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
So tired of the wait...so tired of the lies.

I emailed the "Regional Manager" for the midwest - a "Mike Gardner" - back in SEPTEMBER OF LAST YEAR. He first lied to me and said my book was in line for grading. When I told him I wasn't stupid and could read the words "Billing" on my account (not "grading" - I know the difference), he replied that "...all books at CBCS are in 32 week TAT right now, and your book has been in for 19 weeks". Okaaaayyyy...so now it's been four months since that email, so a 35 week purgatory has been extended again? I just emailed him this past weekend aaaanndddd...NO REPLY. Since I heard from "Mike Gardner" last, CBCS has the nerve to schedule yet ANOTHER Dave Gibbons signing. WHERE IS MY BOOK? Never again, folks...NEVER again. Once I eventually get this book back (crossing fingers), I turn my back permanently on this company.

Im going on a 1 year wait just for one book... you're not alone in the wait.
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I barely bother anymore concerning myself with "when are my books coming back".
It will drive one to an insane asylum if you think about it.

I just submit once every 2 months and realize someday ... someday it will be christmas every 2 months if I stay consistent with submitting every 2 months.
Post 8 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm still waiting for my books that I submitted in June 2022.

I know that one day I will get them back.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Track17 private msg quote post Address this user
I wouldn't say CGC is all rainbows and unicorns. I sent them a magazine in July of 2021. It wasn't checked in until September of 2021 and now I have to wait for them to roll out their "new and improved" magazine holder (announced in December of 2022). Why their wait time for modern magazines (259 days) is so much longer than their modern comics (20 days) is mind boggling.
Post 10 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
My Watchmen 1 was Received May 2022 (no press) and is in the Grading queue as per Emma V. at CS.
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:

Why do you feel that over a 2 year turnaround time is acceptable? Why is it ok for CBCS to only get worse in service as opposed to better? It blows my mind how some people still defend poor service like this.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by LotsaSequel
Tbf, cbcs has made it pretty clear they’re happy to take your money and not at all worried about delivering your product in a timely manner. They doubled down on this when they introduced the new express tiers before clearing out their ridiculous backlog first and instead encouraged people to pay to jump ahead of everyone (like you) that have been waiting. Not to mention the scandal of allowing employees to take customer books home that they never would have admitted to if they hadn’t lost one of their biggest dealer’s shipments. Beckett should fire everyone from the top down and fill these positions with ethical employees that actually care.

But you don't hate the company enough to not slog your wares on CBCS's forum.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Exposing product to collectors is not the same as scamming people out of their money for poor service.
Post 15 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
References to “scam” and “stolen” in a couple threads.

Seems some are in need of dictionaries. Standard English or legal, either would do.
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Why do you feel that over a 2 year turnaround time is acceptable? Why is it ok for CBCS to only get worse in service as opposed to better? It blows my mind how some people still defend poor service like this.
I did not say it was acceptable. When TATS were already out of control I had a book submitted on 04/18/21 for the Al Ewing signature event. 2 months later it was signed on 06/15/21 granted I sent the book well before the deadline. I paid for fast pass and fast press (this was before the 2 week guarantee on grading) and received my book late August/early September. I paid to skip the line (after the signing took place) and received my book 4-1/2 to 5-1/2 months after date of submission. I didn’t even expect that fast and was the only sub I’ve made since the TATs went crazy. CBCS could definitely be better and I’ve only submitted that 1 since 2020 because I wanted that sig. Everyone knows the TATs and CS are horrible right now yet some are still up in arms about theirs subs when they chose to walk into this dumpster fire.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:

Exposing product to collectors is not the same as scamming people out of their money for poor service.

I didn't say it was the same....I said you don't seem to have a problem selling your wares on the platform of a company you're accusing of scamming. You don't seem to hate cbcs enough to not use their forum to sell.

Given your hate of CBCS, your choice of forums to sell seems odd, perhaps even counterintuitive. I'm just making an observation.
Post 18 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Funny - just got off a Zoom meeting for work.
Irate folks in every corner. I just listened to the rants & researched their statements while they bantered about.

All the following played into the Zoom anger and frustration:
1. Poor communication
2. No communication
3. Unanswered heightened frustration
3. commitments unfulfilled
4. Late completion of deliverables
5. More poor communication of potential lateness

It's like I'm living in a mirror world at work and in comic land.
Post 19 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
I'm waiting on Bisley's from last march. No movement. They will sometime.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

I only just got my Conway's from Feb 2022
Post 21 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

I only just got my Conway's from Feb 2022
Thanks for the info. Happy B-day fella!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
I barely bother anymore concerning myself with "when are my books coming back".
It will drive one to an insane asylum if you think about it.

I just submit once every 2 months and realize someday ... someday it will be christmas every 2 months if I stay consistent with submitting every 2 months.

I tell me wife - if i get ill and die, she'll get packages for the 14 months long after im gone.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Ok - I'll play devil's advocate (now that's a great name for a new book series) for @LotsaSequel for a second...

He's right you know. The "other" company had delay problems too, as we all know. The difference here is THEY fixed their problems and delays with additional hires.

But since we all know about cbcs's delays for over a year now, we're desensitized to it.

I can fully understand @LotsaSequel's anger of this.

Now here's @cbcs's position: We told you we have a long TAT. You've known we've had long TATS. And we appreciate that you STILL bought (and continue to buy) the grading anyway.
Post 24 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Surely, another week later, this has all worked out?
And customer service actually responded?
And they got everything sorted?

Can you give us the satisfying update?
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Surely, another week later, this has all worked out?
And customer service actually responded?
And they got everything sorted?

Can you give us the satisfying update?

LMFAO - it's only a "satisfying" update if we were all expecting the same, tried-and-true response from CBCS customer service: NO RESPONSE. I emailed the "regional manager" again...nothing; not even sure he works there anymore. Then emailed "grading@beckett.com" because that was the email listed on his auto-reply as an alternate contact. Radio silence. Almost like I'm emailing into a void (spoiler alert: I AM). No, I'm not calling because I feel it will only add to my extreme frustration. I do appreciate your concern, Sigur.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
Ok - I'll play devil's advocate (now that's a great name for a new book series) for @LotsaSequel for a second...

He's right you know. The "other" company had delay problems too, as we all know. The difference here is THEY fixed their problems and delays with additional hires.

But since we all know about cbcs's delays for over a year now, we're desensitized to it.

Now here's @cbcs's position: We told you we have a long TAT. You've known we've had long TATS. And we appreciate that you STILL bought (and continue to buy) the grading anyway.

Welll....aaannnddd CBCS introduced products that would make TATs worse rather than say...deal with the backlog so all TATs are better like the other guys
After years of not using the other guys I'm giving them a try again...
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007

Curious word choice there...."appreciate". I guess I have a different dictionary, because if they appreciated our business, why not SHOW that appreciation with some actual, demonstrable progress toward providing a better customer service experience (AS OPPOSED TO NONE)?!?
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector SGT_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Curious word choice there...."appreciate". I guess I have a different dictionary, because if they appreciated our business, why not SHOW that appreciation with some actual, demonstrable progress toward providing a better customer service experience (AS OPPOSED TO NONE)?!?

Nope, this is the right word, just the second definition:

ap·pre·ci·ate
/əˈprēSHēˌāt/

verb
1. recognize the full worth of.
"she feels that he does not appreciate her"

Similar: value respect prize cherish treasure admire hold in high regard hold in esteem
rate highly think highly of think much of have a high opinion of set (great) store by

2. understand (a situation) fully; recognize the full implications of.
"they failed to appreciate the pressure he was under"

Similar: acknowledge recognize realize know be aware of be conscious of be cognizant of
be alive to be sensitive to be alert to

They appreciate (recognize the full implications) that people keep submitting by the truckload whether or not they lower the TATs and whether or not they provide anything traditionally considered "customer service."
Post 29 IP   flag post
600457 29 29
This topic is archived. Start new topic?