Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Where are the comics for little kids?19062

would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake

That spinner rack kind of supports my opinion on this. Parents remember when comics cost 25¢, 35¢, 75¢ and aren't willing to throw down the $4-$7 the books on that rack are selling for.

My LCS stopped carrying children's books because they don't sell. He keeps some on hand for those occasions when a parent brings their child in but they're either dated copies or he gives them leftover FCBD stock.

My parents used to pick me up Richie Rich and Archie books all the time. Richie Rich got me into collecting.

The industry could price books lower, but I guess the dozen $5.99 Batman-related titles and 2 dozen $3.99 Spider-man related titles make more bank.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector SGT_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I still can't get over the idea that "kids'" comics have to be separated from "regular" comics. The idea that kids' comics don't pay the bills presupposes that a 10-year old can't read the X-Men and Batman books on the racks. Is that because we think kids don't have the disposable income for it, or is it because kids just wouldn't be interested in buying the decompressed, crossover-event-driven, shock-gimmick, variant cover driven marketplace?
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Travis private msg quote post Address this user
Lol as a kid in the 90, dude there was the clone Spider-Man saga uh no thank you they had xmen executioners song 🎵 no thank you I did buy some of the gimmick foil and hologram covers. But yeah I didn’t real have a lot of money to spend as a kid and not a lot of yards needed mowed in the winter time guess I could of shovel drive ways but it didn’t snow that much but yeah now do kids still go around the neighborhood trying to mow peoples yards for a few extra bucks I haven’t seen any but that don’t mean they don’t do that but that’s how I got comic book money or money in general back in the day but times are different I recon
Post 53 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@jake @xkonk Awesome, thanks for posting the pics (love that spinner rack!)

My faith is renewed I also took a picture from my LCS yesterday of the kids section. It's small, but so is the store. At least there are some.

Post 54 IP   flag post
It's chicken Monday. Rush_is_a_band private msg quote post Address this user
There is a really great mini series for kids now published by Red 5 comics called Beorn - The Littlest Viking.
Never mind that the writer/artist is a good friend of mine. 🤓
Post 55 IP   flag post

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Rush_is_a_band
That sounds like it could be fun!
Post 56 IP   flag post
600876 56 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?