Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure who Gene Colon is but if it's the co-creator of Blade I'm sure he got hassled in school. Or maybe someone related to Ernie Colon.

I'm also not sure how these both got 7.5. In my opinion one of them seems inaccurate since to the TOD #10 is just so much nicer than the FF 50 across the board. Age round-up/round-down? Meh... it is what it is when you play in this game.

All in all, good books I had signed years and years ago that are now finally "Verified".
Not many TOD 10 signed by BOTH creators
And always a nice thing to have Stan and Mr. Sinnott on a key FF issue.

Post 1 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 - Awesome books! I hope you took pictures of the page 1 signatures before you submitted them.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo
@Nuffsaid111 - Awesome books! I hope you took pictures of the page 1 signatures before you submitted them.

I always do.... and yet.... oofa!!!!.... I forgot this time prior to sending to my presser. Gotta check with him since he often takes pics for his web page
Post 3 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 Great books!!! Not too big a deal with the spelling error but I really don't understand how this still happens. I can't imagine someone is physically entering the data in everytime as opposed to selecting the pre-existing data that populates the label.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@GAC yeaaa... I was being somewhat silly with the spelling. The grades do bother me a bit though. It's just a no contest that one is not 7.5 if the other is. Im not saying which should be; just that they both shouldn't be the same. And yep - looked at notes. Nothing that I don't already see in the notes that I didn't already see on the book
Post 5 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Quote:
Originally Posted by esaravo

I always do.... and yet.... oofa!!!!.... I forgot this time prior to sending to my presser. Gotta check with him since he often takes pics for his web page

I've done the same thing twice! So annoying.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Oh dear, poor Gene Colon/Colan!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
That TOD is awesome!
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
@Nuffsaid111 Back cover scan of the TOM 10 and graders' notes?

Looks much nicer than a 7.5, so far.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Comichoarder

Notes:
few breaks color front cover
1/2" crease top left corner back cover does not break color
creases top & bottom right corner, 3/4" horizontal crease top right front cover

Again - I'm not complaining that it's a "7.5". I just don't see any way whatsoever how this book is a 7.5 and the FF #50 is a 7.5 (i.e. identical). The TOD is so so much nicer and the notes don't demonstrate anything that I wasn't already aware of. One is graded improperly imo. I just can't say which one.

Post 10 IP   flag post
I've had a book with multiple creases on the back cover get nuked (8.0) in grading even though the front looks pristine. I can see the creasing on your book, and it looks similar.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Yea... in the end I don't care. I just sell the sh$t anyway.

As I said many times and don't hide my feelings - I feel this whole grading thing is one big pyramid scheme silly game. Some call it a necessary evil and other euphemisms. Quite frankly I call it B.S.
But that's just my personal feelings.

Ultimately it makes me good money and profiting off others who don't feel as I do. Good enough for me in a hobby that's been destroyed in many ways
Post 12 IP   flag post
600894 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?