Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: Once & Always 30th Anniversary Special19007

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Power Rangers Reveals First Footage from 30th Anniversary Special

By MATTHEW AGUILAR - January 17, 2023 12:57 pm EST

It's the 30th Anniversary of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers, and to celebrate Hasbro and Netflix will be delivering a 30th Anniversary Special that reunites some of the franchise's legendary Rangers. As part of this morning's Hasbro streaming event, they revealed the first footage from the anticipated special, featuring interviews from the cast and the first glimpse of the Rangers back in their costumes. We even got a first look at a Putty battle. The 30th Anniversary special will be titled Once & Always, and will hit Netflix on April 19th. You can check out the full video below.

Once And Always will bring back Power Rangers stars David Yost (Billy) and Walter Emanuel Jones (Zack), as well as Johnny Yong Bosch (Adam), Steve Cardenas (Rocky), Karan Ashley (Aisha), and Catherine Sutherland (Kat). They will also be joined by a new addition to the franchise Charlie Kersh, who will be playing the daughter of Trini.

In the video, the cast reflects on coming back together after so many years. In fact, this is the first time a few Rangers have ever filmed a project together. Cardenas and Jones actually never appeared together on screen despite both being a part of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers.

Yost teased that the Special is a different take on what they've done before but a lot of the same elements are there. Ashley said that she thinks this is the best way they could have celebrated 30 years, and Jones is excited for the fans to finally see so many of the Mighty Morphin Rangers together on screen.

In an interview with EW, Yost talked about being back on the Power Rangers set with Jones. "We went through the audition process together and launched the Power Rangers franchise," and added their reunion was "amazing. It was such a surreal experience to be on the set of Power Rangers again after 28 years."

Season 2 of Dino Fury is available on Netflix now, and Cosmic Fury is slated to hit in 2023. Once & Always will hit Netflix on April 19th. Are you excited for the 30th Anniversary? Let us know in the comments and as always you can talk all things Power Rangers with me on Twitter @MattAguilarCB!
Post 1 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
That will be cool to see regardless of how it turns out. I see potential for a lot of fun.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
no surprise. season 30 aka Cosmic Fury will be a big small season. shortest one ever (10 episodes I believe...maybe more) where a lot of the og cast returns including david yost, walter jones (both of whom havent returned since their departure). where theyll team up with the dino fury rangers (now cosmic as its in space) to help fight the returning lord zedd.

will be the first season to have a completely original costumes. theyll be still be adapting a season of sentai but only for the zords
Post 3 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
More visibility with a Kickstarter POWER RANGERS: A 30th Anniversary Comic Book Celebration
Post 4 IP   flag post
597965 4 4
This topic is archived. Start new topic?