CBCS Comics
The CBCS forum community is now closed to new posts and replies. The forum will remain available in read-only mode for the time being. Thank you to all who contributed over the years.
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

Collector Emp162 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5226 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Been wanting to find s high grade copy of this Katy Keen 3-D with the glasses attached. I own pretty much every 3-D comic with the glasses attached that came out between 1953 and 1954. Which were really the first and last year for 3-D comics until much later when they tried it again.
Once I press it and get bends out and a quick dry cleaning it will be a sweet flat copy. A little tricky to press with glasses, but I got a method for that too.


Post 5227 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Always enjoyed finding something new to me on the newsstand but after a couple of
issues I never saw them again.



Post 5228 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
Always enjoyed finding something new to me on the newsstand but after a couple of
issues I never saw them again.



I have one and two. Sorry for pic quality. Pics I downloaded when I bought them 10 years ago. Haven't taken new ones, but I will when I come across them.


Post 5229 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5230 • IP   flag post


PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5231 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5232 • IP   flag post
I am not an illiterate plagiarist. drmccoy74 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann

I'm a fan of the ol Catwoman myself


Post 5233 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5234 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5235 • IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica Great non-existent book.
Post 5236 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Contains three HANGMAN stories.


Post 5237 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5238 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
@CatmanAmerica Great non-existent book.


It's fairly rare, there are only 18 unrestored in the CGC census, this being one of the two 9.2 copies, but I can assure you, it does exist!

Here's the Hangman that got Timely in trouble with MLJ for a second time, the first being Cap's early shield design which looked too much like *ahem* ...The Shield's original costume:

Post 5239 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5240 • IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5241 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5242 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5243 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5244 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5245 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5246 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5247 • IP   flag post
I don't believe this....and I know you don't care that I don't believe this. GAC private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5248 • IP   flag post
Hmm... Moderated again! figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5249 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5250 • IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

Post 5251 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Took me along time to find these in higher grade. The #9(#1) I found a few years back, and I just recently found the #10(#2) in nice shape.



Post 5252 • IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
Never seen that four color with the cat. I'm going to be getting that this week.
Post 5253 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgwalters100
Never seen that four color with the cat. I'm going to be getting that this week.
There are 3 different Rhubarb four colors. The 423 is #1. These are extremely tough to find in high grade. Not sure why. I finally got them all in high grade. Not an easy task. If you don't care about grade then they are readily available on Ebay.
Post 5254 • IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
1949 #1


Post 5255 • IP   flag post
657131 5788 30
Log in or sign up to compose a reply.