Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4876 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4877 IP   flag post

Post 4878 IP   flag post
Collector RareComics private msg quote post Address this user
I just love the early Kings. Some of the earliest CBs issued in the modern format, and filled with outstanding content (Sunday newspaper strips).

Post 4879 IP   flag post
Collector sdr2711 private msg quote post Address this user
I am amazed at the condition you are all finding these books.
I Never seem to come across such gems.
Congrats to all.
Post 4880 IP   flag post

Cool cover by some dude named L.B. Cole. High grade copy, not too bad for 76 years old. Hi-Ho Comics #1 (1946)
Post 4881 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4882 IP   flag post
File copy #1 (1949)

Post 4883 IP   flag post
1948 #1

Post 4884 IP   flag post
Shmoo #1 (1949) cool bonds ad back cover.

Post 4885 IP   flag post
Cool painted cover on this file copy. Fc #546

Post 4886 IP   flag post

Post 4887 IP   flag post
Here is a toughie to find in high grade. Pancho Villa #1 (1950) Avon

Post 4888 IP   flag post
High grade FC #437

Post 4889 IP   flag post
High grade Gandy Goose #1 (1953)

Post 4890 IP   flag post
Extremely tough to find in high grade Spunky #1 (1949)

Post 4891 IP   flag post
Extremely high grade file copy of a tough book to find. “The H-Bomb and You” 1955, for Federal, State, and Local Civil Defenses. The front cover shows the first known picture of an exploding H-Bomb and literally scared the hell out of all the children who were given a copy of the book to learn about Civil Defense Awareness.

Post 4892 IP   flag post
Somethingbyou never see a high grade file copy of Jingle Jangle #1 (1942) I thought the back cover was cool with the comic titlesthey were advertising.

Post 4893 IP   flag post
In the current economic climate I've noticed a number of my fellow collectors considering "cashing in" or "cashing out." While that isn't something I'm focusing on, I have sold, traded or upgraded quite a few books over the years. These were scanned, but many were never posted. Here's one example; I'll add more over time...

Fabulous Schomburg cover and high grade universal holder; traded for another book I wanted more at the time. What was I thinkin' or drinkin'?
Post 4894 IP   flag post
Here's a couple million.

Post 4895 IP   flag post
Double D's...Donalds that is.

Post 4896 IP   flag post
"Peter Pan Treasure Chest" (1953)
For those who know anything about Dell giants, this is the Holy Grail and near impossible to find in this high grade. The edges and binding are usually cracked or popped due to the thickness of this comic at 212 pages.

Post 4897 IP   flag post
Collector sdr2711 private msg quote post Address this user
I know alot of people like to keep it to themselves as it's their source and people want to keep it to themselves, but where do you guys find these amazing books the condition of 95% of these books is like they came out a time machine.
Tbh in embarrassed to post anything cause my stuff is so much better poor in comparison.
I'm just amazed.
Post 4898 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdr2711
I know alot of people like to keep it to themselves as it's their source and people want to keep it to themselves, but where do you guys find these amazing books the condition of 95% of these books is like they came out a time machine.
Tbh in embarrassed to post anything cause my stuff is so much better poor in comparison.
I'm just amazed.

WORD.
Post 4899 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdr2711
I'm just amazed.
It doesn't matter condition here. Post away. We love all books of the era. I found every one of my books over last few decades. Can't say any one specific location. It's everywhere all the time. I've slowed down in last year, in anticipation of selling it all within next few years.
Post 4900 IP   flag post
Here's another Shomburg Standard/Nedor book (Dec. '45) previously owned and traded years ago. At the time my focus was only totally on high grades; this book was a 6.5 based on recollection (I should've "recollected" it in spite of minor foxing and mid-grade status)...

Post 4901 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01

Cool book...what number is it?
Post 4902 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01

Cool book...what number is it?
#1 (1950)
Post 4903 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Wrestling match of the week! Who else can get a mountain cat in a sleeper hold Brutus the Barber style?

Redskin is really hitting the protein shakes. The Ronnie Coleman of the tribe.

Post 4904 IP   flag post
Here are four high grade copies of this 1953 Fiction House 3-D comic "First Christmas". Took me a long time to find these copies with glasses attached.

Post 4905 IP   flag post
614861 5672 30