Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Golden Age

The Golden Age of comics19

I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@CatmanAmerica - Don’t forget to mention that Bob Kane took all the credit for Milton “Bill” Finger’s contributions to Batman and his rogues gallery. If you get the chance, watch the Batman & Bill documentary from 2017. I caught it on Amazon Prime a year or two ago. I am not sure where it can be seen now, but it showed how Bob Kane basked in the limelight for Batman, while many other's works were kept in the shadows for far too many years.
Post 3976 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
“THE STORY OF AL LOVELAND” was produced in 1950 by COMMERCIAL COMICS for U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Al Loveland’s campaign bid for the U.S. Senate from Iowa. It is one of only four U.S. political comic books that were 8 pages long and 7” x 10” in size. Script by Malcolm Ater, Sr., with art by Jack Sparling. The art in this book is truly vintage Jack Sparling art from the 1940's to 50's and is well reflected in his style and true facial expressions of his characters. This is a mint file copy.

Post 3977 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3978 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Only bought a few FICTION HOUSE COMICS as the Barber Shop
I went to always had a large selection of them every month.

mm
Post 3979 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3980 IP   flag post

Post 3981 IP   flag post

Post 3982 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3983 IP   flag post

Post 3984 IP   flag post

Post 3985 IP   flag post

Post 3986 IP   flag post

Post 3987 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user

mm
Post 3988 IP   flag post

Post 3989 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@the420bandito Cool cover! That would have given me nightmares as a kid and scared the crap out of me LOL!
Post 3990 IP   flag post

Post 3991 IP   flag post

Post 3992 IP   flag post
Double cover highest graded.

Post 3993 IP   flag post
Collector Sagii private msg quote post Address this user

Post 3994 IP   flag post
2 of my favorite PCH covers as we near All Hallows Eve

Post 3995 IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Upgrade that i do not think I posted here.

Post 3996 IP   flag post

Post 3997 IP   flag post

Post 3998 IP   flag post
I've had this on my ebay saved search list forever. Finally one popped up. Not the greatest condition but I'll take it.

Post 3999 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
I've had this on my ebay saved search list forever. Finally one popped up. Not the greatest condition but I'll take it.

Awsome to see another copy of a scarce book. It is #34(#1) from what I understand, not sure if it was a previous title before that. I have had this high grade copy for years. Once I pressed it, it came out awesome. I'll see if I can get you a pic of it after I worked on it.
Again nice to see another copy.
Post 4000 IP   flag post
Yessir it is one of those (#1)'s.

Ace Magazines went from Four Favorites #1-32 > Crime Must Pay the Penalty #33 (#1) > Four Teeners #34 (#1) > Dotty #35-40 > Glamorous Romances #41-90. They were chasing every comic book fad.

Ultra rare book.
Post 4001 IP   flag post
Quote:

Ace Magazines went from Four Favorites 1-32 > Crime Must Pay the Penalty #33 (#1) > Four Teeners #34 (#1) > Dotty #35-40 > Glamorous Romances #41-90. They were chasing every comic book fad.

Ultra rare book.
I didnt know it was super rare really, but I figured it was as I rarely see it, and when I do they are usually beat ta shit. Did you get it for good price?
Post 4002 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Quote:

Ace Magazines went from Four Favorites 1-32 > Crime Must Pay the Penalty #33 (#1) > Four Teeners #34 (#1) > Dotty #35-40 > Glamorous Romances #41-90. They were chasing every comic book fad.

Ultra rare book.
I didnt know it was super rare really, but I figured it was as I rarely see it, and when I do they are usually beat ta shit. Did you get it for good price?

I think $80 was a fair price for a GD/VG. I prob would have paid double that since I never see it for sale...
Post 4003 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthshaker01
Quote:

Ultra rare book.

I think $80 was a fair price for a GD/VG. I prob would have paid double that since I never see it for sale...
Yes, I just looked it up on ebay. Nice grab. When there is a book I want sometimes I'll pay whatever it takes to get. Looks like you might be able to press it and improve the square-ness of the book. As far as back I have removed some ink before, but not a large quantity.
It looks like a nice representation of that book. I'm not sure what mine would be worth. It really cleaned up nice once in pressed and cleaned it a bit. Ill try and track down book this weekend amd get you am updated pic.
Post 4004 IP   flag post
Collector Badger private msg quote post Address this user
Kinda surprised this was not mentioned in SOTI. lol

Post 4005 IP   flag post
611390 5660 30