Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Sketch CoversComics Silver AgeMemorabiliaPop Culture

The "Angry Girlfriend Variant" Amazing-Spiderman #14 controversy (my side)18980

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance_Bartels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Plot twist, he (OP) owns the book and is trying to build hype.

Alternatively, buy the book. Sure, you may pay a ransom for it now but at least you’re hedged.

You are partially correct. If you do some basic research like a simple Google search, you'll learn who has the book. The same person has held the ruined book since 1993 after I sold it in 1990. He started the Cartersville Comic Book Convention in Cartersville, GA. Not naming names.
you could also embrace the psychopathic image and burn down the store in which it’s held. Don’t do that, but it could work…

Or just go in there brandishing a large pair of scissors and wave them around threating to cut some hair.

Seriously though. whatever this persons or your motives were for what happened in the past; they are going to keep dredging it up. I’ve seen this type of person and if they are still bringing it up after all this time then you are wasting your time and breath. This person probably enjoys antagonizing you every time the story dies down. Honestly if you let it be you will be better off. This person can whoop and holler all they want, it only affects you if you let it and they see that it is. I don’t know what happened in this persons mind or how you truly treated this person, but the extent of this grudge shows me it is truly blown out of proportion and this person has issues. If someone has a problem with you for something that happened 30 years ago and brings it up to you personally then you can explain your side; otherwise I don’t care and hair grows back.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
@Chance_Bartels
While I realize this resurfaced elsewhere, I think people here are saying that, because you came here and called attention to something not already being discussed, YOU are the bringing it up. There is some truth in that, though I understand why you feel the need to defend yourself against a lie (I can't imagine anyone here feeling otherwise If it were them).
All liars hope that if they tell the lie enough times, it becomes true, and this is made easier when the lie is never called out.
Tough spot to be in,
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Chance_Bartels private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
HA HA !!!

Wait - some of the autographs are on the slab. Or am i not seeing that right? Is that shooter up top between the label and the lower well?
The autographs do not fit the book and make no sense whatsoever.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Chance_Bartels private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
@Chance_Bartels
While I realize this resurfaced elsewhere, I think people here are saying that, because you came here and called attention to something not already being discussed, YOU are the bringing it up. There is some truth in that, though I understand why you feel the need to defend yourself against a lie (I can't imagine anyone here feeling otherwise If it were them).
All liars hope that if they tell the lie enough times, it becomes true, and this is made easier when the lie is never called out.
Tough spot to be in,
On Reddit people were posting things from here that I had to address to set the record straight and defend myself. Your points are well taken. Thank you.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Why just the women? I like bears. Gaard private msg quote post Address this user
It sounds like the Avengers girl might've received something the Spiderman girl didn't, so she took it out on the Green Goblin.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector Optic_Blast private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like you're trying to cash in on the notoriety.
Post 56 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Optic_Blast
Sounds like you're trying to cash in on the notoriety.

In what way do you see him cashing in?
Post 57 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaard
It sounds like the Avengers girl might've received something the Spiderman girl didn't, so she took it out on the Green Goblin.

Promiscuous lending of comics has consequences. Eventually the spider-man girl found out that she wasn't the only one who had his key. Hell hath no fury like a two-timed key-holder.
Post 58 IP   flag post
600889 58 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?