Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS PressingComics Bronze AgeComics Golden AgeComics Silver Age

Mail call18910

I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
After six months wait time on a fast pass I finally got my book back. I still have 2 two day moderns that was sent in at the same time still waiting on them. I’m happy with the grade.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Rafel private msg quote post Address this user
Beautiful!!!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I'd be happy with that grade, too! Nice book.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Great book!
Post 4 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
After a 1 year wait from both CBCS and CGC, wouldja believe I received a FEDEX package from both on the same day? Talk about crazy odds.

I've been going with low census, beloved old franchises as a target sales audience.
I'm tired of eating crow with Marvel and their "there's only 8 billion on the census" only to compete with 7,999,999,999 other billion people for potential buyers dollars.

I've had tremendous success as of late with Four Color comics, Munsters, etc...
Only one comic is being kept within this group. The 1.5 signed by Don Heck. My first comic book ever owned.
The Negan Lives book is signed by Jeffry Dean Morgan.
The Strain is signed by Guillermo del Toro

Post 5 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Very cool!!!!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111
Those are fantastic books! Love those Phantoms!
Post 7 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
After a 1 year wait from both CBCS and CGC, wouldja believe I received a FEDEX package from both on the same day? Talk about crazy odds.

I bet that was crazy fun for you.

Congrats!
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'll probably wake up constipated. Pre_Coder private msg quote post Address this user
@Zombie Sweet Avengers 48, and white pages.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre_Coder
I bet that was crazy fun for you

It WAS crazy.
I'd gotten 2 emails from FEDEX. Looked at 1st; Didn't bother looking at the second email so didn't realize it was a different delivery number. Emails were within hours of each other- just thought it was a duplicate or a status update/change
Post 10 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
Those are awesome books, my favorite is the Space Ghost comic book - super neato!
Post 11 IP   flag post
I’m not an ant. I’m a rootin tootin Hornet! Zombie_Head private msg quote post Address this user
How much for the phantoms and space ghost? These are nice books.
Post 12 IP   flag post
@Pre_Coder thx I have a chance to have it signed by Roy Thomas in March. Do you think I should?
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Zombie_Head at KC Comic Con?
Post 14 IP   flag post
@Rbolton yes
Post 15 IP   flag post
Ima gonna steal this and look for some occasion to use it! IronMan private msg quote post Address this user
@Zombie_Head You have two day moderns that are at six months? Was this just for grading - no pressing?
Post 16 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
@Pre_Coder thx I have a chance to have it signed by Roy Thomas in March. Do you think I should?

Sigs really don't mean much to me, so your asking the wrong person. LOL

But hey, it's Roy Thomas. If it means something to you then go for it.
Post 17 IP   flag post
@IronMan and pressing
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Zombie_Head , I will be there as well, debating on getting some books signed as also, I passed a couple years ago at that same con because I felt the price of the signature was too high. I would like to get a book signed by Shatner though.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie_Head
I have a chance to have it signed by Roy Thomas in March. Do you think I should?

Personally, I would do it. Roy Thomas is a Big Name and it's not like he's getting younger. If you have a chance to get him to sign one of his (many) key books, I say go for it.
Post 20 IP   flag post
@Rbolton yep I’ll be in Shatner line. I have a few books to get signed. I’ve met noble beast from the CBCS forums at mega con. Maybe we can meet up in a line also.
Post 21 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd I’m really thinking about cracking it and have him sign it. I have a couple for him to sign.
Post 22 IP   flag post
I was considering my Avengers 57, Conan the Barbarian 1 and Savage Tales 1 for Thomas to sign, just not sure how I feel about signatures on the covers being that they are high grade. Yeah, it would be cool to get to meet up with another forum member.
Post 23 IP   flag post
@Rbolton those are some nice books to get signed.
Post 24 IP   flag post
601336 24 24
This topic is archived. Start new topic?