Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

what is your most valuable non comic collectable18856

I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
I recently decided to check the value of my Lord Drakkon Funko pop figure. Last I checked a couple of years ago. Value wasnt that much different then a normal despite it being a store exclusive with a limited release. But I guess due to Jason David Frank's death. Its value has sky rocketed a bit from worth being maybe $12 to people asking anywhere from $26 (after shipping and without box) to $65.

I paid I believe $10 for it at a convention a few years ago. Plan on displaying it when my copy of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #9 (his 1st appearance) comes back from grading

I do have other collectibles worth more but they were always that.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
I guess mine is all the legends of dragoon toys still in packaging. I have heard they go for over 500 for the set.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
specifically my most valuable though is a near complete Thunder Megazord (missing minor stuff like sword, sheath, a jewel on helmet, and the legs for pink firebird but doesnt affect the megazord). a lot of them go for $100+ on ebay. ones less are missing a lot more that do affect it (like a wing, an arm, helmet, etc) even the expensive ones are like mine
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Charcoal painting from 1927. Won at auction years ago. Cost me 20 bucks. Worth in the couple of hundred range know. Would like to post a pic but the mods would probably be more than a little irked.
Post 4 IP   flag post
oh do have a copy of the script of the pilot for 30 rock signed by Fey, Baldwin, Morgan, McBrayer and Krakowski. won it at a silent auction for a charity event. No COA but compared legit signatures online and they match. plus story of how they were gotten sounds legit (guy worked at 30 rockerfellar and went around to get their signatures for the chariety. there were a lot of legit stuff at auction so accept its real)

also have a copy of the script for the pilot of the walking dead signed by Andrew Lincoln (bought online) which does have a COA from San Diego Comic con (so seller went, hired a witness, etc)
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
Power of the force Jedi knight luke skywalker mint on card.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
I'm going to guess here but I think it would be the Jim Marshall color photo of John Coltrane (top center) signed by Jim. I think I paid $3000.

Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector trooperTK602 private msg quote post Address this user
I have no idea what it’s worth but I have a George Lucas autographed fan made Stormtrooper helmet. I was trooping an event years ago at the Jules Vernes awards in LA and George was an award recipient. We met back stage and he was happy to sign.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Sent my Pokémon TCG Charizard Holo Unlimited 1999 Base Set 4/102 to be graded…we will see…
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector radd76 private msg quote post Address this user
My Silver Surfer movie statue (FF: Rise of the Silver Surfer) never displayed and still in original box - also with skyscraper backdrop (also in box that is about the size of a queen mattress)… bahahahaha

The movie theater got it but didn’t have room to display (smaller size theater) so the guy that was contracted to install them sold it to me. Image shown isn’t mine just example to show what it is when displayed and for value comparison.

(
Post 10 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
@radd76 Cool. One of my LCS’s has it as their front window display. That must be a big box?!
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector trooperTK602 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briten
Power of the force Jedi knight luke skywalker mint on card.

I think I have that figure. It’s even a variant with a different saber hilt. It this figure rare or something? I never imagine it would worth anything.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
Depends on how you want to define collectible, probably. I have an original RotJ rolled one-sheet; those are getting expensive. I have a menu signed by Harold Lowe, fifth officer on the Titanic. A first edition of Princess of Mars. Several firearms. A few bronzes. But I couldn't guess what's the most valuable. Maybe some jewelry, since precious metals are so expensive now. I just don't keep track of values much after I buy something.

My wife, OTOH, could probably tell us the values of her handbags to the nearest dollar.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector kadargo27 private msg quote post Address this user
My almost complete original G.I. Joe ARAH collection. Every figure complete with file cards. Vehicles with blueprints. Only thing missing is the USS Flag. It is my prized possession after my comics or vice versa.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector PhilCoulson private msg quote post Address this user
I bought a couple of statues this year and my wife flipped out when she saw how big they were (and how much they cost). Unless we get a bigger house I probably won't get anymore of them. Think they are about $600 each and they are surprisingly fragile too.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector PDGray private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure where to start with this one.

Non-comics, I am going to show two things and let you guess on the values for either of them.

PDG

Post 16 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Judging by how well I preserved some of these cards, they must be worth big $.

Post 17 IP   flag post
Collector Dart1146 private msg quote post Address this user
My Silent Hill / Clock Tower / Resident Evil games for PS1/PS2/GameCube.

They aren't new or anything, but last I looked I think they were each going for $100+ on eBay complete in box. I got most of them working at K-Mart in high school. We only had 1 game case, so anything that was more than a couple weeks old got pushed back and didn't see the light of day again until we had the annual clearance sale where all clearance stuff was 50-90% off. I used to buy so many games for $1-3 each
Post 18 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
A 1799 Draped Bust Dollar in VF25. The picture is an example, mine is not this nice.

Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
@PDGray let’s see. Both expensive but condition is everything. I don’t know much about the Rolex. They can go for a couple hundred to 10’s of thousands.
If the watch is expensive you need to insure it and worry about wearing it outside.

The car is nice, not the most desirable Ferrari, but it’s nice to have one. Unless you do the maintenance yourself, it’s a money pit.

I wonder if Ferrari is like a boat? The two happiest days of ownership are the day you buy it and the day you sell it.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I collect gray hairs.

Edit: still very early in this collecting hobby
Post 21 IP   flag post
<Cheap>Watch repair kit.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Knowing how to do an oil change = $
Post 23 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 24 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
If you all could leave addresses and times you won't be home, my uncle Vincenzo would appreciate it.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studley_Dudley
If you all could leave addresses and times you won't be home, my uncle Vincenzo would appreciate it.

I collect venomous snakes.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
I collect gray hairs.

White for me.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
I collect gray hairs.

White for me.

just starting my collection
Post 28 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Talk to me when you skip straight to collecting follicles.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector Jgwalters100 private msg quote post Address this user
I shaved them off to let them know I mean business.
Post 30 IP   flag post
601246 70 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?