Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Bob Einstein was one of the funniest guys ever. ♥
Post 251 IP   flag post
For the record, when Ripped gets picked up as a Netflix series, I want Chris Pine to play Friendlyman. ❤
Post 252 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveRicketts
For the record, when Ripped gets picked up as a Netflix series, I want Chris Pine to play Friendlyman. ❤

But he gets killed right away!!! Or ... does he? Dum, dum, dummmm
Post 253 IP   flag post

Post 254 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Umm... considering I have one of the most coveted kickstarter sketch covers, does that mean I get to go on the Red Carpet??
Post 255 IP   flag post

Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
will Samuel Jackson play El Monte?
Post 256 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:

Post 257 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Perfect casting if Jackson were about 25 years younger.
Season 1 of Ripped isn't going to have enough budget for de-aging FX. That would take Disney money. 😂
Post 258 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Perfect casting if Jackson were about 25 years younger.
Season 1 of Ripped isn't going to have enough budget for de-aging FX. That would take Disney money. 😂
so uniques are limited by age 🤔 and SJ can do that weird bug eye thing.

Post 259 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Kevin Hart might work.
Post 260 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Kickstarter #2 anxiety:

Let loose with the deuce!
Post 261 IP   flag post
I'm actually roughing out a page as we speak...

Post 262 IP   flag post
Moar!

Post 263 IP   flag post
It’s on the way! And in only 4 weeks!

Post 264 IP   flag post
So awesome! Thanks again for playing!
Post 265 IP   flag post
I have been looking through some sketchbooks tonight. I thought I would share some interesting early art from developing Ripped over the years and even some concept sketches.
Post 266 IP   flag post
I literally drew and inked the story of the death of Friendlyman 3 times before drawing the version that was printed in Ripped #1. The following is one of the possible shots. I'm glad I didn't settle on this. 😂 I wasn't ready for prime-time at this point.

I knew I wanted to start the book off by killing Friendlyman and I knew how he was going to die, I just couldn't decide what that would look like.

Fellow artists understand, we are our own worst critics. Nothing we do is ever good enough, not should it be, that's what makes us better. Never Stop drawing...

Post 267 IP   flag post
Concept faces in those death pages. Similar to how they ended up. I finally felt like I was getting somewhere with these.

Post 268 IP   flag post
El Monte concepts. I couldn't figure out if I wanted him to be beefy or just Joker-like crazy.

Oh, and the head top row left is my first drawing of Booger Red. He was mentioned on a page in the first issue of Ripped but won't be seen just yet. Red looks nothing like this first doodle, that's the only reason I'm showing it. I just want everyone to know that Booger Red is real, he's coming, and hell is coming with him.

Post 269 IP   flag post
This was the first drawing when I finally got locked in on how I wanted El Monte to look.

I was doodling in my sketchbook one night while the news was on and they were talking about Maxine Waters. I looked up and realized...that was the "resting El Monte face" that I was so desperately looking for. Boom, a star is born!

Post 270 IP   flag post
Poses, poses, poses. Sometimes I go through pages of sketches trying to nail down a pose. In the first horrible inked page above I was literally just drawing my idea on the page and inking it. I've since learned to sketch the pose, hone it, sketch it a dozen more times to make it look good, then draw that onto the final sheet and ink it.

I know there are artists who just take off on a blank page. You guys are way too talented. I have to work it out before committing. 😂

Post 271 IP   flag post
More of that pose...

Post 272 IP   flag post
More honing to perfection...

Post 273 IP   flag post
One last picture for the night.

A face from the future. In issue 3 you will come to fear it...

Post 274 IP   flag post
Papa Noel?
Post 275 IP   flag post
Sooo is #2 ready? Idk how long I can maintain interest….. No pressure………
Post 276 IP   flag post
Quote:
Sooo is #2 ready? Idk how long I can maintain interest….. No pressure………

Post 277 IP   flag post

Post 278 IP   flag post
601299 278 28
This topic is archived. Start new topic?