Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
My project is LIVE! Please go check it out!
Even if you don't pick up a copy of my comic, I appreciate you looking!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/iicomics/ripped-1
Post 1 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I went and did it! I gotta have that L.B. Cole homage cover.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts Okay Steve, I gotcha, I'm your first METAL Variant buyer

RIPPED #1 "Mask #2" METAL Variant

Score a physical copy of RIPPED #1 with the Mask #2 variant but with a CRAZY limited METAL cover!
These will be sequentially hand numbered to 10 copies.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user
I did the action comics holofoil.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
If only the app would take my money. Tried for 15 minutes with no luck.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@Cli4dR3D0g It said it would take it Dec. 5 when it gets fully funded.

the email I got...

Thanks for backing this project—now you're a part of it
Creating something new is hard, full of ups and downs. Your pledge is an up—it’s a sign that you believe in this project, and a step toward making it a reality.
What's next
If Ripped #1 reaches its funding goal, your card will be charged $116.00 on December 5, 2022 at 5:06 pm.
Keep an eye on your inbox. The creator will keep you posted about progress, struggles, wins, and setbacks as they work to make their project come to life.
The creator will reach out when your reward is ready. They might contact you before that if they need your mailing address or other necessary details.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts I opted for the Mask #2 cover which will come with the regular copy also. I splurged and added two bucks to get your signature. But, I didn't find a way to indicate that I want the signature on the regular cover and NOT on the Mask cover. Is there a way to note that?
Post 7 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
@Cli4dR3D0g It said it would take it Dec. 5 when it gets fully funded.

the email I got...

Thanks for backing this project—now you're a part of it
Creating something new is hard, full of ups and downs. Your pledge is an up—it’s a sign that you believe in this project, and a step toward making it a reality.
What's next
If Ripped #1 reaches its funding goal, your card will be charged $116.00 on December 5, 2022 at 5:06 pm.
Keep an eye on your inbox. The creator will keep you posted about progress, struggles, wins, and setbacks as they work to make their project come to life.
The creator will reach out when your reward is ready. They might contact you before that if they need your mailing address or other necessary details.

I uninstalled the app and tried it through the website, and it worked like a champ. The app laughed at me repeatedly and made me cry.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Mine was the Mask cover holo-foil w/ signature! I may stick a crowbar in that wallet for an Action cover, too... Decisions...
Post 9 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
How do you select add-ons?
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbolton
How do you select add-ons?

Once you do the level pledge, it goes to another screen that let's you choose add-ons.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Apparently, I am easily annoyed. Rbolton private msg quote post Address this user
Thanks Jesse!
Post 12 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Mine was the Mask cover holo-foil w/ signature! I may stick a crowbar in that wallet for an Action cover, too... Decisions...

I went ahead and did it!

Looks like your goal isn't going to be a problem, by the way...
Post 13 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd Crow bar... crow bar... just a little less to worry with in Japan.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Funded in 29 minutes, first stretch goal in 71 minutes. My mind is blown!
Thanks to everyone who picked up a book. I really appreciate your support!

@Jesse_O I have no idea. Kickstarter is new to me too. I'm sure I did something wrong. lol
@OGJackster Glad you picked one up. I'm really interested to see those after they're printed.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cli4dR3D0g

I fought the good fight but the crowbar won in the end!
Post 16 IP   flag post
Anyone else not receiving a verification email, it shows my pledge went through. Thanks I’m advance
Congrats on hitting the goal so quickly!!
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

It happens. Congrats!
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Rbolton
I did receive an email verifying my pledge and a second for my adjustment (addition of Action cover), but the second one wound up in my spam folder. You may want to check there.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

It happens. Congrats!

As a comic book collector, I'm very familiar with being defeated by that crowbar.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
I plan on backing; it looks very good. I’m undecided on what I would like to receive. What are your expectations for this series? Will it be kickstarter only for upcoming issues or do you have hopes of a publisher picking it up? I have no idea how this works; seeing the preview you gave us I find it hard to believe that a publisher like Image or BOOM! would not want it in their catalog. IMO this is right their alley for publishers who support “the little guy”. No pressure 😉

Edit: can I pledge to receive the Action Comics and The Mask homage? I’m pretty sure I’ll go for the Action #1 and cover A
Post 21 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Remarque and Signature for $6 is a must IMO.
Post 22 IP   flag post
KFC does haircuts now, Wooh Hoo. zdoes10 private msg quote post Address this user
Picked up a copy of the Mask Variant with sig and Remarqued.
Post 23 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
I plan on backing; it looks very good. I’m undecided on what I would like to receive. What are your expectations for this series? Will it be kickstarter only for upcoming issues or do you have hopes of a publisher picking it up? I have no idea how this works; seeing the preview you gave us I find it hard to believe that a publisher like Image or BOOM! would not want it in their catalog. IMO this is right their alley for publishers who support “the little guy”. No pressure 😉

Edit: can I pledge to receive the Action Comics and The Mask homage? I’m pretty sure I’ll go for the Action #1 and cover A

I'm not against the idea of being picked up by a publisher, but it would have to be the right fit for me. For now I'm content doing my own thang. At the end of the day my story will be told with or without a publisher. I'm much more interested in being optioned for a Netflix series.

Thanks for the interest. I think you'll love the story.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Thanks, everyone, for the support! This has been a long road to travel, but has been completely worth it.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash

I've updated the page to allow you to pick up any additional copies you want as an add-on. When you check out it will ask if you want to do an add-on, just pick the book you want.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
@SteveRicketts any chance we can get shipping up to Canada?
Post 27 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Any chance the sketch cover I got can be sent directly to CBCS for authentication and grading??
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMorse
Remarque and Signature for $6 is a must IMO.

I'd already opted for the signature. But when I saw this comment last night, I had to agree and changed my add-on to include a remarque.

@SteveRicketts I read up on things in Kickstarter. It looks like I'll be able to clarify that I want the signature and remarque on the A cover and NOT on the Mask cover once the fund raising part is done and you send out the questionnaire to get addresses. It looks like you can either give choices there or people can comment on it.
Post 29 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
@SteveRicketts Okay Steve, I gotcha, I'm your first METAL Variant buyer

RIPPED #1 "Mask #2" METAL Variant

Score a physical copy of RIPPED #1 with the Mask #2 variant but with a CRAZY limited METAL cover!
These will be sequentially hand numbered to 10 copies.

I am #2 in the OGJ club. I'll take mine neat with a signed and remarqued cover A chaser.
Post 30 IP   flag post
597875 278 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?