Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Creepshow #1 Sells Out and Goes Back for Second Print

Skybound announced that Creepshow #1, the debut issue of the five-issue comic book anthology, sold out the same day it hit comic shops. Based on Greg Nicotero’s hit Shudder TV series produced and licensed by Cartel Entertainment, Creepshow #1 will return with a second printing on October 26, 2022 just in time for Halloween.

“There’s clearly an insatiable appetite for the unique thrills and chills that Creepshow has to offer, and we’re just getting started!” said Alex Antone, Editorial Director at Skybound. “Look for even bigger scares in our second issue next month, and in the meantime, we hope you enjoy this second printing cover by the indomitable Gabriel Hardman!”

Featuring a brand-new second printing variant cover drawn by Gabriel Hardman (Hulk, Planet of the Apes) and colored by Brad Anderson, Creepshow #1 includes two terrifying tales. Writer/artist Chris Burnham (Die! Die! Die!) scares up a story of trick or treaters who are taught what happens when you mess with the wrong house, and then writers Paul Dini (Batman: The Animated Series) and Stephen Langford (Creepshow TV series) team up with artist John McCrea (Hitman) to petrify readers with the party antics of Shingo, the birthday clown with an appetite for more than cake. Brian Witten is overseeing on behalf of Nicotero’s Monster Agency Productions.

The Creepshow #1 (of 5) Second Printing Variant (Diamond Code JUL229791) will be available at comic book shops on Wednesday, October 26, 2022.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
I havent looked (im driving), but Im curious what the first print is selling for?
Post 2 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
You can order the "B" cover for cover price ($3.99) from MCS. They have VF copies of the "A" cover for $3.19. They are out of NM "A" covers. I actually bought one of the blank sketch covers from them. But that one won't get to me for a few weeks yet.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
You can order the "B" cover for cover price ($3.99) from MCS. They have VF copies of the "A" cover for $3.19. They are out of NM "A" covers. I actually bought one of the blank sketch covers from them. But that one won't get to me for a few weeks yet.

Thanks! I’m also checking smaller comic book shops online to see if they have them.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
I received 3 of my #1's today

Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector GanaSoth private msg quote post Address this user
I got my three a few days ago shown here with the original (1982 version) and the two copies of Issue #0 from 2019.

Post 6 IP   flag post
I managed to order about 9 - now I just hope they deliver...
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector danzies private msg quote post Address this user

My buddy Chinh made this cover and remarked it for me.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Totally forgot to add this to the comic set above when I took the pic earlier...

Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector Whammykablam private msg quote post Address this user
eBay shops still have #1 at cover price, if anyone's looking.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Wasn't on my pull list but I picked up 1 copy for fun when it came out - haven't read it yet - is it any good??
Post 11 IP   flag post
@KatKomics Yeah. I read the first issue (digital form) and I cant believe the stuff comics can get away with now-a-days. The first story especially. But yes, it's really great stuff.
Post 12 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
I don't do Moderns anymore, although I like the new tv show. I'll stick with my Stephen King book...it creeped me out when I was in junior high.

My copy is in a box somewhere, safe and sound. Here's a stock photo...

Post 13 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth
@KatKomics Yeah. I read the first issue (digital form) and I cant believe the stuff comics can get away with now-a-days. The first story especially. But yes, it's really great stuff.

Id agree. In the first 5 pages, you see "F CK YOU" written on the door, and the Marty McFly character yelling "rest in pieces of sh t Mr Zander!" and saying "f ck it. lets go egg a church". lol

Definitely not your old school book... Id like it though if i was a teen... lol
Post 14 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
Quote:
Originally Posted by GanaSoth

Id agree. In the first 5 pages, you see "F CK YOU" written on the door, and the Marty McFly character yelling "rest in pieces of sh t Mr Zander!" and saying "f ck it. lets go egg a church". lol

Definitely not your old school book... Id like it though if i was a teen... lol

I'll have to give it a read - seems like it might be superfluous use of language etc for no real reason - that tends to turn me off
I'm ok with it in general but it kind of has to make sense - if that makes sense? i.e. depending on the characters then yes I would expect rougher language or whatever the scene is - maybe it makes sense (hit your thumb with a hammer!) but with no real reason it comes across as lazy writing to me
Post 15 IP   flag post
@KatKomics well, they are little mean kids (boys) so yeah they use profanity a lot cause they think its cool. You know how it is when kids hang out.
Post 16 IP   flag post
I enjoyed the 2nd story much more than the 1st - will give issue 2 a try too!
Post 17 IP   flag post
@GanaSoth oh i remember. I was pushed down by a old guy during the summer because I walked on his grass to get our frisbee...

I remembered that - so I egged his garage door during Halloween. Did that make me mean? idk... but i felt better... lol

EDITED: This did not happen last year (im 52). lol This was when I was 12 years old. lol
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Wasn't on my pull list but I picked up 1 copy for fun when it came out - haven't read it yet - is it any good??

Yes, fun read, I enjoyed it.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector LotsaSequel private msg quote post Address this user
There were some cool variants for the #1. The kirkman cover is probably one of my favorites!
Post 20 IP   flag post
Took three orders to buy online from 3 places, but I am thrilled. 10 are practically 9.8s and one I think will be 9.2.

1-2 weeks for the orders to come in.

Now to get signs and remarks…. 🥳
Post 21 IP   flag post
Just got back from Atlanta from training at HP and these were waiting for me when I got home.

Post 22 IP   flag post
We need to keep this thread going for when the artists on the cover do a signing. Let everyone know...
Post 23 IP   flag post
I bought a meat grinder on amazon for $60 and it's changed my life. kaptainmyke private msg quote post Address this user
I must’ve missed the memo on this one - it was completely off my radar arrrrgggggg
Post 24 IP   flag post
@kaptainmyke you might be able to still find #1 A in nm ...

check out some sellers online...
Post 25 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
Some of y'all are definitely collecting some grails. I picked up #1. Hoping it's good. I'll find out this weekend.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Just got this Beauty today, Oct 14th, in the mail !

Post 27 IP   flag post
Just arrived today, Halloween:

Post 28 IP   flag post
Just got these in the mail today:

Creepshow #1
Limited to 500 Copies
Halloween Weekend Drop Only on WhatNot (Exclusive)

Post 29 IP   flag post
Forgot to post this issue on this thread.

Issue #2 1:10

Post 30 IP   flag post
601280 30 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?