Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Marvel Studios’ Special Presentation: Werewolf by Night18500

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Kevin Feige Teases Importance of ‘Werewolf by Night’ to ‘The Future of the MCU’ (Video)
The “Marvel Special Presentation” debuts next week on Disney+

With “Werewolf by Night,” the Marvel Cinematic Universe is getting spooky.

The new 53-minute movie, dubbed a “Marvel Studios Special Presentation” and directed by Michael Giacchino, debuts on Disney+ next week. Starring Gael Garcia Bernal as the title character, it evokes the spirit of Universal monster movies from the 1940s, with its black-and-white photography, scratchy soundtrack and somewhat exaggerated performances.

But how does “Werewolf by Night,” with its rampaging creatures and ancient curses, fit in with the rest of the Marvel Cinematic Universe? A new featurette (which you can watch above) has some clues.

Dubbed “Monstrous New Side,” the featurette has interviews with Giacchino, Bernal, star Laura Donnelly and various behind-the-scenes personalities. One of those personalities is executive producer Kevin Feige, who also serves as president of Marvel Studios. “We’re introducing a world that will ultimately become quite important to the future of the MCU,” Feige says in the featurette.

Disney Board Adds Tech Exec Carolyn Everson in Agreement With Investor Dan Loeb
Also Read:
Disney Board Adds Tech Exec Carolyn Everson in Agreement With Investor Dan Loeb
While typically vague (Feige is the ultimate entertainment politican), it makes sense. Darkness has been creeping into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, especially this year, with projects like the Disney+ series “Moon Knight” (where Oscar Isaac played a schizophrenic, occasionally murderous hero) and this summer’s “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness,” directed by horror legend Sam Raimi and featuring a climax where Doctor Strange (Benedict Cumberbatch) inhabits the body of his rotting doppelgänger.

Also on the docket is feature film “Blade,” starring Oscar-winner Mahershala Ali as the half-human/half-vampire “day-walker,” and upcoming Disney+ series “Agatha: Coven of Chaos,” a “WandaVision” spin-off centered around Kathryn Hahn’s witchy character.

“Werewolf by Night” is probably the most openly horror-flavored Marvel Studios offering – there’s tons of blood and monsters galore. Even the rousing Marvel Studios logo gets a thunder-and-lightning remake that wouldn’t be out of place in Transylvania. If this is the opening salvo of what’s to come, then that is very exciting indeed.

“Werewolf by Night” premieres on Disney+ on October 7.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Oteemorse private msg quote post Address this user
I really hope this is good I’m sitting on every single issue from every country
Post 2 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
It has to be better the Morbius.......
Post 3 IP   flag post
I like bean sprouts. James42 private msg quote post Address this user
I have been watching the price on Bloodstone #1 go nuts with some amusement. I pulled all of mine out of quarter and dollar bins back when. I wonder how bad it's going to crash.
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
@James42 Always up if the show is great and keeps Bloodstone around or will plummet and leave speculators holding a great comic they paid too much money for.
Gamblers will be gamblers.
Hobbyists will win, all the time, holding the books they cherish and not books speculated on over time.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Oteemorse private msg quote post Address this user
I’m cool either way I love my WWBN and Ploog art hopefully this film does it justice
Post 6 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Just watched it. I loved it!!! It wasn't a true "horror" movie, but it was far from comedic!!!
Post 7 IP   flag post
You can't get good wood on the ball every time. HotKeyComics private msg quote post Address this user
If this is Disney's Marvel version of horror, I'm good with it. I really enjoyed WWBN and I think I can see where they are going to bring this into the main phases.
I also had a good laugh with how campy it got at the end.
Post 8 IP   flag post
600893 8 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?