Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS Signature ASPQuestionsSigning Opportunities

New York Comic Con 2022 Thread18384

Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@Noblebeast315 got to keep up with current events bro. Lots of things happening. Black Flag bought CGC. Clayton Crain stole everyone’s wife…
Post 26 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315
@sborock is that an official CBCS position? If so Good to know.

I think CBCS will be there taking submissions. Mycomicshop will not be attending this year.
Post 27 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by sborock
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315
@sborock is that an official CBCS position? If so Good to know.

I think CBCS will be there taking submissions. Mycomicshop will not be attending this year.

Are you going to Baltimore this year?
Post 28 IP   flag post
@drchaos Absolutely! Mycomicshop will be set up there. We will be buying comics and original art as well as taking in consignments for sale or auction.
It's a great con! One of the best! Marc does an amazing job every year!
Post 29 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
'Random' thought/question: Does anyone outside of NY/CA travel out to experience NYCC/SDCC not to make money? Not throwing any shade, seriously just curious, because if I ever did travel to either venue that would be my situation.
Post 30 IP   flag post

@theCapraAegagrus I used to fly to SDCC every year just to have fun! Those days are long gone......
Post 31 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
'Random' thought/question: Does anyone outside of NY/CA travel out to experience NYCC/SDCC not to make money? Not throwing any shade, seriously just curious, because if I ever did travel to either venue that would be my situation.

Absolutely. However, part of the problem with NYCC is that the convention center isn't convenient to anything else in the city. The other part is that New York City isn't as enjoyable as it used to be, at least for me.

SDCC is within easy walking distance of just about anything and everything. That said, it's still California and expensive.
Post 32 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
@theCapraAegagrus

I used to have a really good time, the year before COVID it kind of sucked and it's not gotten better since
Post 33 IP   flag post
I'm waiting.... (tapping fingers).
Splotches is gettin old!
Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
@theCapraAegagrus

NYCC I would - since I'm only 1.5 hours from the Javits.
As for SDCC - I've gone a number of times and attempt (usually quite successfully) to fund my trip by flipping Preview night comic exclusives.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector Hcanes private msg quote post Address this user
@theCapraAegagrus live 15mins outside NYC and I've been trying to get to SDCC atleast once. Been going to NYCC forever. It's in a dead area but with all the construction in that area itll be more lively and accessible in the coming years.
Post 35 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus

Manhattan is walkable (virtually end-to-end) so it is as much about visiting NYC. I lived there (upper west side) and typically not a fan of the convention center for anything really. Car shows, comic conventions… just not an enjoyable setup. Maybe because it was still relatively new the few times I went it also seemed very poorly organized.
Post 36 IP   flag post
I had no way of knowing that 9.8 graded copies signed by Adam Hughes weren't what you were looking for. drchaos private msg quote post Address this user
They just announced Cassandra Peterson for NYCC.

I know I have a pile of books for her somewhere.
Post 37 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@drchaos

Isn't that Elvira?
Post 38 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@drchaos

Isn't that Elvira?

If you have to ask ......
Post 39 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Jesse_O

I don't get out much. There is a lot of stuff I have been exposed to strictly because I have frequented the forums here. I would have never bought my xmen or daredevil or moonknight keys if I didn't come to forums. I simply didn't know better.

You figure my comic knowledge barely scratches the surface, but at least I'm trying to broaden my horizons?
Post 40 IP   flag post
-Our Odin-
Rest in Peace
Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte I get it. I learn a bunch of things here also. Some of our members have encyclopedic knowledge of comic books. I sit in awe of them at times.

I tried to have a witty answer to your question and it flopped. Yes, Cassandra Peterson is Elvira. She is one of the few celebrities that I'd love to meet!!!
Post 41 IP   flag post
Understood. In the past, I was told by a psychiatrist that my volunteering was not wanted because I didn't have a sense of humor. (Yeah, who turns down free labor?)

But its all good. =)

@drchaos

If you get anything signed and witnessed, kindly post if it's for sale. I would love to own something from her.
Post 42 IP   flag post
Quote:
@drchaos

Isn't that Elvira?

On the Simpsons she was Booberella.
Post 43 IP   flag post
"There, their, they're." GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by drchaos
Quote:
@drchaos

Isn't that Elvira?

On the Simpsons she was Booberella.

lol!!

Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector Drogio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@drchaos Absolutely! Mycomicshop will be set up there. We will be buying comics and original art as well as taking in consignments for sale or auction.

Sorry to hear you will not be at NYCC. I may go, but not sure why. The books I’d go there for I can’t afford. The artists I want to meet aren’t in attendance. Been meaning to send some books in to MCS…would have been great if they were there.

@sborock , Does MCS have interest in RICC? I’m Likely to show up there…may bring the kids to that one for fun. Would love to drop some graded books off with MCS for consignment. Otherwise I guess I’m mailing them in…
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector JustABitEvil private msg quote post Address this user
Ooh, she's going to be there Thursday too...

Maybe I'll get a sketch cover done and have it signed to go with this one...

Post 46 IP   flag post
Lots of guests have been added to artist alley in the app.

I don't think all of them show up on the guest list yet.

I looked at the exhibitor list and did not see Image, Oni Press, Boom Studios or Titan.
Post 47 IP   flag post
@drchaos I didn't see Dark Horse either, but I havent checked in a few days. Dark Horse usually has a few good signings. IDW's free signings are low key impressive.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drogio
Quote:

Sorry to hear you will not be at NYCC. I may go, but not sure why. The books I’d go there for I can’t afford. The artists I want to meet aren’t in attendance. Been meaning to send some books in to MCS…would have been great if they were there.

@sborock , Does MCS have interest in RICC? I’m Likely to show up there…may bring the kids to that one for fun. Would love to drop some graded books off with MCS for consignment. Otherwise I guess I’m mailing them in…

There is a chance we will be there. Would love to go! Not confirmed yet....
Post 49 IP   flag post
I'm sure whatever it was you got me was perfect. PhantomEwan private msg quote post Address this user
If anyone is going and willing to help me out. The comic mint is selling and I Would appreciate a copy of:

Sells for $40 I would give you $50+shipping for your trouble. Only need one for me.
Post 50 IP   flag post
Reservations were starting at noon today but due to a technical issue the page is unavailable.

Called customer service and only solution is to keep trying until it works.
Post 51 IP   flag post
@drchaos you would think they would learn from the years previous.

Emails didn't go out until after 12pm, the website had the link prior to 12pm but the link gave you a 404 error.

So frustrating.
Post 52 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
Every ....... single...... year..... every... and I mean every.... reedpop $#&%'s something up with servers, capacity, 404's, you name it.
I've never seen such consistent failure and ineptitude year after year after year. Idiots
Post 53 IP   flag post
Has anyone heard of any complaints or had similar experiences with SDCC. If not youd think ReedPop would take some notes.

Every %#&*!@$ year @Nuffsaid111
Post 54 IP   flag post
Splotches is gettin old!
..... and every year I get an email from Reed that starts as follows: "we did not anticipate ...."

I mean wtf? You didn't anticipate every ticket holder would be trying to register for panels when it went live? It's like dealing with a 4 year old
Post 55 IP   flag post
615415 144 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?