Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Art Original ArtworkArt Sketch CoversCBCS Original Art Program OAP

Original Art, Commissions, & Sketch Cover thread #317764

Collector EddieTheComicGuy private msg quote post Address this user
It’s been a while since I posted any of my work so I thought I’d share some of my latest.

Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector Element_Lad private msg quote post Address this user
My commission of Monet St. Croix sketch cover by Keith Williams

Post 102 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user

Post 103 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
Super thrilled with these recent purchases. Not authenticated but I plan to send them in to CBCS Beckett for authentication and slabbing. (I just don't know if I want to wait a year)

They were found at my local comic shop.

The colored Captain America is by Michael Carey and is mixed media. (I love that you can feel the paint lines on the cover). This Michael Carey is known for fine art of fantasy. (not comic books - yet!). https://www.instagram.com/michaelcareyart/?hl=en Got this for $50. I'm thrilled - beautiful talent.

The last one is a monotone(?) Captain America by artist Ken Branch - he's known for his pencil, ink, and color work in DC Comics, Marvel, Valiant, Ultraverse, Malibu, First, Comico, Chaos, Image. https://www.comicartshop.com/comicartshopsbycat.asp?PView=A&age=1&GCat=17125&Order=Date Got this for $40.

Question for the group - if i decide to get these graded, should I avoid pressing due to the mixed media? (Does heat and sketch covers/mixed media NOT a good idea?)
Post 104 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
My suggestion is to get Art designation. Anything lower than a 9.8 would detract from the art and frankly that's prolly where the real value sits not on the book itself.
Post 105 IP   flag post

To those who celebrate it, HAPPY HANUKKAH! My commission of Colossal Boy sketch cover by Greg Fox
HAVE A WONDERFUL FESTIVAL OF LIGHTS!!!

Post 106 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte what about authenticating the autographs? Would I go through the CBCS Beckett?
Post 107 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
@Bronte what about authenticating the autographs? Would I go through the CBCS Beckett?

CBCS offers VSP. They can verify the signatures for you. You can even opt to have them prescreened to ensure they can actually be verified prior to encapsulation.

clickable text
Post 108 IP   flag post
@Element_Lad thanks , just submitted them for authentication and slabbing, along with 2 books for authentication, pressing and slabbing.

I wonder, will I get the sketches back separately from the 2 press and grades? Hate to wait 80 weeks for all 4 to come back.
Post 109 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Element_Lad thanks , just submitted them for authentication and slabbing, along with 2 books for authentication, pressing and slabbing.

I wonder, will I get the sketches back separately from the 2 press and grades? Hate to wait 80 weeks for all 4 to come back.

If you submitted them in the same order # then the books will be sent back after the longest TAT is completed.
Post 110 IP   flag post
Collector ThorneArt private msg quote post Address this user
Hello,

I wanted to share some of may latest sketch covers.

Post 111 IP   flag post
@Element_Lad crap! 80 weeks to wait now. Crap crap crap!!! Already sent them off. Crap.

Well, I’m calling my doctor tomorrow to see if I’m gonna live for at least two more years. 🙏
Post 112 IP   flag post
@ThorneArt nice! love that Harley
Post 113 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Element_Lad crap! 80 weeks to wait now. Crap crap crap!!! Already sent them off. Crap.

Well, I’m calling my doctor tomorrow to see if I’m gonna live for at least two more years. 🙏

I'd laugh if it wasn't so true. Make sure if you don't, you will them to your next life.
Post 114 IP   flag post
@ThorneArt That zombie Bozo is going to give me nightmares tonight! Thanks.
Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user

I just got this back from CBCS. Spawn 300 drawn by Michael Watkins. You can check him out at Highburn.com
Post 116 IP   flag post
Completely forgot about this beauty. Was in a storage box under my bed - commissioned it from Jerry "the king" Lawler about 6 years ago.

Candid photo was taken with his permission to prove authenticity.

Time to put it on my wall...

Post 117 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user

Post 118 IP   flag post
Collector ARTisCOOL private msg quote post Address this user
I got this Ultraman remark done by Art Adams last weekend.
Post 119 IP   flag post
My acquisition of Bizarro Infinite Crisis #7 sketch cover by Humberto Fuentes

Post 120 IP   flag post
Collector Wyldchyld private msg quote post Address this user

I picked this up today at Big Lick Comic Con in Roanoke Va. Spider-woman by Michael Watkins.
Post 121 IP   flag post
Collector loubot private msg quote post Address this user
I did these for a friend. Back cover, the front has the signatures of Larry Johnson and the other one has Sprewell

Bonus of a Last Ronin cover I did with the 9.8!

Post 122 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
this is an oldie in my sketch book but I just watched 1 (inferior!) sell on Heritage - crazy!!

Mine - lovely 2 colours
mine - around 2007...and I think it was free!! maybe....maybe $20 - no - had to be free

Heritage!!!! - only 1 colour!!

Post 123 IP   flag post
I say it had to be free because this was free in 2007

....well....I went and got him a can of pop from the vending machine - with my own money! so $0.50 or $1.00??

and this is what $50 at the Hero Initiative booth got you in 2007 - so no way I paid $20 for David Lloyd

Post 124 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Completely forgot about this beauty. Was in a storage box under my bed - commissioned it from Jerry "the king" Lawler about 6 years ago.

I grew up as a teenager in Memphis in the early 80's and went the (no longer existing) mid-south coliseum to watch The King in Monday Night wrestling. Those were some great matches.
I have a picture somewhere of Lawler & my dad & younger sister at a local restaurant there.
He has some skills drawing too...
Post 125 IP   flag post
@Nearmint67 right!! like..I know wrestlers have skills and lives outside of the ring but that sketch is great!!
Post 126 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nearmint67
Quote:

I grew up as a teenager in Memphis in the early 80's and went the (no longer existing) mid-south coliseum to watch The King in Monday Night wrestling. Those were some great matches.
I have a picture somewhere of Lawler & my dad & younger sister at a local restaurant there.
He has some skills drawing too...

Thought the same thing....great sketch!!! Had no clue Lawler could draw. WOW!
Post 127 IP   flag post
Just got back from CBCS yesterday. Icon sketch cover by Keith Williams. Commissioned and witnessed at Little Giant Comics Old School Comic Show.

Post 128 IP   flag post

Post 129 IP   flag post
Johnny, where are your buccaneers?
Johnny: Under my buccan hat.
Gotlift private msg quote post Address this user
Original oil by Frazetta...The Blue Planet.. not a commission

Post 130 IP   flag post
597943 209 30