Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Bronze AgeComics Copper AgeComics Silver Age

My 1st road trip for MCS17760

I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia "We’re probably gonna be besties eventually." - looks like your finally gonna put that basement to good use - LOL!
Post 51 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Course I did not have his email addres or private phone either one until I asked here...in a public forum. I also know Steve hated private messages here in the forum and preferred using email, hence my choice to use a public thread. I just wanted to make sure to reach steve himself, cause I am trying to sell a few bigger books to help with medical emergencies and needed gear. We done now?
Post 52 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
I was at MCS yesterday. I think most of us don’t have a full grasp of the size of the operation. I was dropping off 150 books, the guy ahead of me was dropping 1200 books. I would guess there was more than 60 employee cars in the parking lot. I’m pretty amazed that things run as smoothly as they do. I got to meet Steve, he’s as nice as they say. We’re probably gonna be besties eventually.

Sounds like you're selling your comic book collection.

Not exactly but I am making sacrifices as part of a move. When I sold my house in 2020 I added quite a bit to my collection as a hedge against inflation while renting. Now that I’ve bought a house, the fun is over and it’s time to reduce my collection value by about 40%. Hopefully in a year or two I will feel secure enough to start adding to it again. I kept the 150 or so slabs that I’m most attached to, like a full box of lower grade EC slabs. Also have a decent collection of CBCS Raw Grade and MCS graded books. As well as about 25 boxes of raw comics.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by southerncross
Quote:
I was at MCS yesterday. I think most of us don’t have a full grasp of the size of the operation. I was dropping off 150 books, the guy ahead of me was dropping 1200 books. I would guess there was more than 60 employee cars in the parking lot. I’m pretty amazed that things run as smoothly as they do. I got to meet Steve, he’s as nice as they say. We’re probably gonna be besties eventually.

Sounds like you're selling your comic book collection.

Not exactly but I am making sacrifices as part of a move. When I sold my house in 2020 I added quite a bit to my collection as a hedge against inflation while renting. Now that I’ve bought a house, the fun is over and it’s time to reduce my collection value by about 40%. Hopefully in a year or two I will feel secure enough to start adding to it again. I kept the 150 or so slabs that I’m most attached to, like a full box of lower grade EC slabs. Also have a decent collection of CBCS Raw Grade and MCS graded books. As well as about 25 boxes of raw comics.

I sold most of my collection back in Australia 8 years ago and kept only 360 books.
Been building the collection up and what I have now I never had owned before so the collection looks completely different.

Though I do miss books I sold previously I have no regrets moving to another country.
Post 54 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@southerncross it’s kind of educational once in a while to be forced to prioritize and decide where things really stand on the priority list.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
@southerncross it’s kind of educational once in a while to be forced to prioritize and decide where things really stand on the priority list.
this is so so true and real
Post 56 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
this is so so true and real

Had this when evacuating from an uncontained brushfire that nearly took out the entire neighbourhood. When you have minutes all you can do is grab anything pre-prepped (file of important documents), the pets, and a couple of other things (my computer and my pilgrimage books because I could never replace those and they were all conveniently in one place) and that's it. You have to beat it out of there and leave the rest to burn. I lucked out and my house was okay. The experience still gives you a new perspective, though.
Post 57 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Course I did not have his email addres or private phone either one until I asked here...in a public forum. I also know Steve hated private messages here in the forum and preferred using email, hence my choice to use a public thread. I just wanted to make sure to reach steve himself, cause I am trying to sell a few bigger books to help with medical emergencies and needed gear. We done now?

Responded to your email......
Post 58 IP   flag post
601431 58 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?