Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
I know old Conan issues varry on grade so what’s census here? Submit or not submit

Do plan on having Roy Thomas sign

Post 1 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Its only worth getting graded if you want it graded.
Post 2 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Its only worth getting graded if you want it graded.

true. Ive said it. its only worth it. If its worth it for you.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector consumetheliving private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
I know old Conan issues varry on grade so what’s census here? Submit or not submit

Do plan on having Roy Thomas sign

From a pure value perspective maybe not but if this is a personal collection thing then I would go for it. The spine and cover can be pressed to help it present well.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@power_struggle55 That is such a beautiful cover! It's in pretty decent shape, too. If it were mine, if I spend the money to get it signed, then I spend the money to get it slabbed afterwards. For sure get a press first.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
@power_struggle55 That is such a beautiful cover! It's in pretty decent shape, too. If it were mine, if I spend the money to get it signed, then I spend the money to get it slabbed afterwards. For sure get a press first.

good to know. maybe not this year (though Roy Thomas is 81) as want to get other (including a signed/witness and 90s)
Post 6 IP   flag post
deffintly get it signed this year....even if I have to pay to authenticate down the road. probably best condition comic involving Roy Thomas I have. whenever he dies best to have it be signed
Post 7 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
deffintly get it signed this year....even if I have to pay to authenticate down the road. probably best condition comic involving Roy Thomas I have. whenever he dies best to have it be signed

Harsh but true. We keep losing these great creators, so I always try to submit something for them to sign.
Post 8 IP   flag post
whats worst.....regretting not getting it signed when he is alive? or regret getting it signed when I couldve did it a year later with a witness

I have other older conans and star wars signed by him and too unwitnessed. but conditions are so rough. this came from a collector. my grandma knows a guy (the collector) who is in the industry in a sense (co-founded new york comic con, was friends with steve ditko.) who told me....if they charge....bring up his name if they been around for a long time like roy thomas
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
my grandma knows a guy (the collector) who is in the industry in a sense (co-founded new york comic con, was friends with steve ditko.) who told me....if they charge....bring up his name if they been around for a long time like roy thomas

Business is business. Whether I or someone else knew him or not, I would pay for the services rendered. Consider it buying him lunch. I'm friends with several of my clients but they pay me when I do my "thang" without question.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like a 7.0,
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Briten private msg quote post Address this user
If you love it, grade and slab. If not save your dough for something you do love.

On a related note, I read an article this morning that mentioned Marvel is losing the rights to Conan.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
whats worst.....regretting not getting it signed when he is alive? or regret getting it signed when I couldve did it a year later with a witness

I have other older conans and star wars signed by him and too unwitnessed. but conditions are so rough. this came from a collector. my grandma knows a guy (the collector) who is in the industry in a sense (co-founded new york comic con, was friends with steve ditko.) who told me....if they charge....bring up his name if they been around for a long time like roy thomas

Are you a fan of Roy Tomas?
Post 13 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
who told me....if they charge....bring up his name if they been around for a long time like roy thomas

I love old guys like that.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktocktyler
Quote:
my grandma knows a guy (the collector) who is in the industry in a sense (co-founded new york comic con, was friends with steve ditko.) who told me....if they charge....bring up his name if they been around for a long time like roy thomas

Business is business. Whether I or someone else knew him or not, I would pay for the services rendered. Consider it buying him lunch. I'm friends with several of my clients but they pay me when I do my "thang" without question.

I think it's extremely rude to try to get out of paying a fee to the creators by mentioning someone's name in hopes of getting a freebie.

I picture the OP running up to a table and doing this.

I also think it's in poor taste for someone to decide on if he should get his book signed on the belief that the creator may or may not pass.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
@50AE_DE In defense of the OP, I think he mentioned mortality because he was debating the idea of getting an unwitnessed signature now vs. waiting a year or more in hopes of getting a witnessed signature. As for name-dropping for a free signature...do the opposite, name-drop and show your class by insisting on paying for the autograph.
Post 16 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I know old Conan issues varry on grade

Huh... all books vary on grade.
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
@50AE_DE In defense of the OP, I think he mentioned mortality because he was debating the idea of getting an unwitnessed signature now vs. waiting a year or more in hopes of getting a witnessed signature. As for name-dropping for a free signature...do the opposite, name-drop and show your class by insisting on paying for the autograph.

i dont think he charges anyway. i have sweet talked my way of a free drawing by an artist (wont say who) but at that point he had known me as a huge fan (regular) and he wasnt busy. but wouldve given up
Post 18 IP   flag post
598086 18 18
This topic is archived. Start new topic?