Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Stan Lee’s Likeness Acquired By Marvel - Against His Final Wishes17663

Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
clickable text

"Stan Lee’s old collaborator, the late Jack Kirby, is often quoted as saying, “Comics will break your heart.” Now Marvel Studios is apparently doing everything they can to prove him right. Marvel Studios has just finalized a deal that will, among other things, give them the right to use CGI versions of Stan Lee in their movies, and it’s exactly the kind of deal Lee was fighting against shortly before his death."

Full article in above link.

Thoughts?
Post 1 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Unfortunately, it’s all about the Benjamins
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Unless I am misreading the article, this sounds like Lee dropped the lawsuit against POW! and went on with business as usual. If POW! still holds the likeness and copyrights, they can do whatever they want.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Good ol' Giant Freakin' Robot.

Haven't read an article from those hacks in quite some time.
Almost forgot about them.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Iirc, Stan was upset about POW! claiming exclusive rights to his name and image. The article even states that:

Quote:
Originally Posted by article
In May 2018, as reported by Gizmodo, Lee sued POW! after it was acquired by Camsing International. In his suit, the Marvel legend claimed he had been told his licensing agreement with POW! was non-exclusive. He alleged the company forged his signature to give themselves “the exclusive right to use Lee’s name, identity, image, and likeness on a worldwide basis in perpetuity.”

I don't think he was upset with people using his name and likeness. In fact, I think he wanted his name and likeness to be carried on after his death. That's why he was upset. He wanted his family to be able to grant licenses to use his image and name to numerous companies. That way, they could continue to earn money from him after his death. By POW! having exclusive rights, his family lost that source of income. Personally, I think he was tricked into signing away his rights.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like the same thing that happened to Bob Ross.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
we do miss the cameos but i think this is disrespectful. I like their new strategy. make 12/28 (his birthday) the new A113. Just put 1228 (or something) in plain sight like a license plate

at the end of no way home. there is a an old at the donut place MJ works. he was meant to be a stan lee like appearance (wasnt meant) just...hey lets throw in a guy in the background who if you squint your eyes kind of looks like him. the script even called him "stan lee like man"
Post 7 IP   flag post
600858 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?