Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

These Types Of Sellers Frick Me Out17651

Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
Or you buy them so you can salt a collection of say a couple thousand mid/ higher grade 60s-70s collection and say you just want a few grand cash no questions, see that being able to be done during a busy convention.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Unless Marvel/DC is making them or has authorized them, I can't imagine it's legal use of copyright material.
are these authorized by marvel/dc??? also are those prices fair?? seem awful high.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
I guess I’m the only one…but something in me wants to buy one.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee
Quote:
Unless Marvel/DC is making them or has authorized them, I can't imagine it's legal use of copyright material.
are these authorized by marvel/dc??? also are those prices fair?? seem awful high.
me too
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
I’m probably going to buy a few of them and use them to scam my kids. Let them fight over the inheritance and try to prove to me which one is most deserving to get my key comic books.

I almost wish I had kids just so I could try this...
you know that could backfire and they take you out to get books
Post 30 IP   flag post

Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelgee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Quote:
I’m probably going to buy a few of them and use them to scam my kids. Let them fight over the inheritance and try to prove to me which one is most deserving to get my key comic books.

I almost wish I had kids just so I could try this...
you know that could backfire and they take you out to get books

I have a safety net for that because, y'know, no kids.
Post 31 IP   flag post
LMAO
Post 32 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
If they weren't so expensive I'd buy a few. They are actually pretty cool
Post 33 IP   flag post
@Reelgee Which would you buy? I'm thinking something I'm not likely to ever own in any grade but also not so over-the-top that it's an obvious fake. Flash #1 interests me because it's a cover many have never seen. But it's $169, probably because it's a larger book. Maybe X-men 4 since I always loved that cover.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
I guess I’m the only one…but something in me wants to buy one.

If they were $10 each I'd buy them in a heart beat.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Reelgee Which would you buy? I'm thinking something I'm not likely to ever own in any grade but also not so over-the-top that it's an obvious fake. Flash #1 interests me because it's a cover many have never seen. But it's $169, probably because it's a larger book. Maybe X-men 4 since I always loved that cover.
WOW if they was 10 a pop i get all but at those prices i would go for asm 50,101 if they had xmen/avengers #1s i'll get those 1st
Post 36 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I'd prefer to use this seller. The prices seem reasonable:

clickable text

https://collectionconnection.store/

It looks like they take requests for books not in stock as well.

The seller has also previously been on this forum:

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/15848/page/1/new-golden-age-replica-comics-at-my-website/
Post 37 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

clickable text

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/15848/page/1/new-golden-age-replica-comics-at-my-website/

They're copying public domain material that has passed its copyright protection date. That's ok, but the first thing in the description is a URL to their "new store" which is off eBay. That's a violation of listing practices on eBay, an attempt to avoid fees. Everybody is working an angle these days, hard for them to just do the right thing, I guess.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by chester15
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders

clickable text

They're copying public domain material that has passed its copyright protection date. That's ok, but the first thing in the description is a URL to their "new store" which is off eBay. That's a violation of listing practices on eBay, an attempt to avoid fees. Everybody is working an angle these days, hard for them to just do the right thing, I guess.
it’s been 59 years since publication. Entering Public Domain as “work for higher” would pass at 95 years of publication or 102 year of creation. As joint creation it would enter Public Domain at 70 years after the death of the last surviving co-creator. No? And fair use would imply the seller is not profiting; no?
Post 39 IP   flag post
@flanders I went ahead and bought this cover from them for $16 shipped. Not sure what I will do with it, maybe take a cover off some drek and put the rest of the book inside this cover. Edit: it's a complete repro book:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/313949678260?hash=item4918dbeab4:g:CcQAAOSwONZg6RBR

Post 40 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia cool! Let me know how it looks when it arrives. I've had my eye on a Ghost Rider #3 even though I'd still like to try to get an original one of these days.
Post 41 IP   flag post
@flanders I thought it was just the cover but it's actually the whole book! I might buy more. These would be pretty cool on a spinner rack since I actually don't want to preserve the pristine condition of them.
Post 42 IP   flag post
I'm glad you brought this post back @flanders. I'm planning to have a spinner rack in my office with un-bagged reader drek...like a drugstore display. I think I will get one of these for the front of each slot. I'm thinking a spinner rack probably has about 20 slots, maybe @CLLXCNNX will make me a deal. Behind them will be books from the 70's and 80's, but this will make a great presentation. I'm excited.
Post 43 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia if you ever are interested in covers only, get yourself an hp instant ink subscription. I think you could cut the cost down to $2 a cover for something that is still very high quality, although you'd have to get an hp printer as well.
Post 44 IP   flag post
@flanders I'm really not, I just thought that this one was cover only. Glad to see it's the whole book. I think I'm happy to pay these guys $10-$15 to do the work if I'm getting the whole book.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Collector dfoster43 private msg quote post Address this user
I'm no expert, but since they're using the verbiage:

"Detective Comics #27 "Slabbed" Newsprint replica prop", "Newsprint Replica" , etc.

eBay might say well you can't fault them because they're being clear that it's a replica , a "prop" if you will, and therefore there's no expectation of authenticity, no overt attempt to defraud the buyer.

And if someone doesn't read that line it's "buyer beware" policy that kicks in ...

Slimy, yes, but overtly fraudulent or misleading? Not if they say it's a "replica" or a "prop", I'm guessing.
Post 46 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MutantMania
If they weren't so expensive I'd buy a few. They are actually pretty cool

If they were 5 bucks, even 10 bucks, I'd buy a couple just to read and then hang on the wall.

But a Hundred bucks for an admitted "replica" ? no thanks.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfoster43
Hundred bucks for an admitted "replica" ?

Insane. I have a replica of a G.A. book in the public domain and it didn't cost even close to that.
Post 48 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

"Detective Comics #27 "Slabbed" Newsprint replica prop", "Newsprint Replica" , etc.

eBay might say well you can't fault them because they're being clear that it's a replica , a "prop" if you will, and therefore there's no expectation of authenticity, no overt attempt to defraud the buyer.

And if someone doesn't read that line it's "buyer beware" policy that kicks in ...

Slimy, yes, but overtly fraudulent or misleading? Not if they say it's a "replica" or a "prop", I'm guessing.

Or it could just be ILLEGAL because they have no explicit right or permission to copy the material owned by another company. It's called pirating for a reason...
Post 49 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Or it could just be ILLEGAL because they have no explicit right or permission to copy the material owned by another company. It's called pirating for a reason...

What happens is someone calls DC's legal dept and give them the info. If they don't do anything about it, then that's their problem.

It becomes OUR problem when some goon buys several hundred dollars worth of these and ages them a bit, then tries to push them off as legit.
Post 50 IP   flag post
If anyone is interested in some raw GA mega-keys at 20% FMV, hit me up by DM. Or on Insta.
Post 51 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

The legality isn't up to eBay.
Unless Warner or Disney contact eBay and complain, they don't really have to do anything.
They can, and if they get enough reports they might. But as long as he isn't defrauding customers they shouldn't have a problem with it.

A lot of fake merch gets sold on eBay.
Post 52 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
You take Dogecoin?

Quote:
If anyone is interested in some raw GA mega-keys at 20% FMV, hit me up by DM. Or on Insta.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
I called DC legal and they got right on the case:

https://13thdimension.com/dc-comics-to-re-release-detective-comics-27-as-a-facsimile-edition/
Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktocktyler
I called DC legal and they got right on the case:

https://13thdimension.com/dc-comics-to-re-release-detective-comics-27-as-a-facsimile-edition/

LOL Yep, problem solved!
Post 55 IP   flag post
597988 55 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?