Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Graded

Turnaround time 9.017631

Collector Rongro private msg quote post Address this user
Vote with your $$$. Saying roughly 17 weeks( I get it, it's not guaranteed, but they put the tat so you know what to expect) and taking 60 weeks or longer? That's not good no matter how you look at it. I'll be taking a big break from CBCS, as I'll never say never, but they earned a big delay from my business.
Post 401 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
Some movement on my order to report. I don't think it gives any real baseline since it seems the TATs reported here are all over the map.

Submission contents: 4 Modern Standard service, no other services
4 Vintage Standard service, no other services

Order made: November 11, 2021
Order shipped: November 12, 2021
Order arrives at Canadian Hub (RIP): November 19, 2021
Order Arrives in Texas: February 1, 2022

Modern part of order entered grading June 29,2022. So, I would say I am a bit surprised based on the info here I really wasn't expecting anything moving on to grading until the late summer or fall.Not sure what is going to happen with shipping when this is all done what with no hub up here anymore. I will not pay them one cent more than I already have.
Post 402 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Today I received an email that an invoice has been graded and now getting ready to be slabbed. For those curious this invoice was books dropped at a convention back in the middle of June 2021. They were standard pressing and grading with VSP on most of them. The TAT at the time I believe was around six months for pressing/grading combined. At least this should give those who have been waiting on books from last year an idea where they are at in line.
Post 403 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5
Today I received an email that an invoice has been graded and now getting ready to be slabbed. For those curious this invoice was books dropped at a convention back in the middle of June 2021. They were standard pressing and grading with VSP on most of them. The TAT at the time I believe was around six months for pressing/grading combined. At least this should give those who have been waiting on books from last year an idea where they are at in line.

No emails yet but hopefully that means my order is right there too.
Post 404 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
As yet another indication that the grading timelines need some work and process refinement, my Vintage order (not Vintage Express) from June 1 of this year is now Complete. (What... REALLY?!?)

Meanwhile, my Expanded order from September 21 of last year is still just Received.

Heavy Sigh! Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get my books back, but sort of feel I should apologize for what certainly appears to be a massive cut in line.
Post 405 IP   flag post

I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
As yet another indication that the grading timelines need some work and process refinement, my Vintage order (not Vintage Express) from June 1 of this year is now Complete. (What... REALLY?!?)

Meanwhile, my Expanded order from September 21 of last year is still just Received.

Heavy Sigh! Don't get me wrong, I'd love to get my books back, but sort of feel I should apologize for what certainly appears to be a massive cut in line.

i see your point

i dont mind waiting extra

but how is it possible they are not grading moderns from this year yet

it boggles my mind
Post 406 IP   flag post
Collector dwhitwo254 private msg quote post Address this user
13 moderns
1 consumer
1 expanded

entered processing NOVEMBER 16, 2021

nothing yet, this is really getting silly. Been given two estimates in that time and both were blown out of the water already. Unfortunately I submitted another smaller group that started processing in May of this year. I guess it will be 12 months til they show up now.
Post 407 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
I know this thread is for CBCS books, but a lot of folks are saying cgc is faster and how they are better. As a user of both companies, I am posting this as a note that the grass is not always greener on the other side.

I just got charged by CCS yesterday (the sister company of CGC that does pressing) for them to begin pressing on books in their possession. That was more than a year ago. And that is just pressing. The grading is another wait in itself.

To put this in perspective for older forum members, do you remember when borock started a gofundme for Jesse of the forums? One of the books is from a purchase for that cause. It is economy tier so not only has it been over a year for pressing to start, it will be another 231 estimated days until it gets graded.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying cbcs is not without issues, I am saying that you need to really look at the facts before assuming anything. These books have been away so long I forgot I even owned them.
Post 408 IP   flag post
Collector Oxbladder private msg quote post Address this user
The Vintage half of my order entered grading now, too. Light at the end of the tunnel.
Post 409 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
I know this thread is for CBCS books, but a lot of folks are saying cgc is faster and how they are better. As a user of both companies, I am posting this as a note that the grass is not always greener on the other side.

I just got charged by CCS yesterday (the sister company of CGC that does pressing) for them to begin pressing on books in their possession. That was more than a year ago. And that is just pressing. The grading is another wait in itself.

To put this in perspective for older forum members, do you remember when borock started a gofundme for Jesse of the forums? One of the books is from a purchase for that cause. It is economy tier so not only has it been over a year for pressing to start, it will be another 231 estimated days until it gets graded.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying cbcs is not without issues, I am saying that you need to really look at the facts before assuming anything. These books have been away so long I forgot I even owned them.

lol..guess I'll find out for myself in August - the CGC promo got me so I'll send in at least 4 books ... $100 for a $150 credit was too good to pass up...and of course things with CBCS made me want to try CGC again (first time other than for signature events in like 6+yrs??)
Post 410 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@KatKomics

Well I hope things go well for you. As I stated in another thread, grading with cgc is suspect. While they garner higher returns in my experience financially, the grades are iffy. If you want something for personal collection and want it for accurate grades I would suggest cbcs.
Post 411 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
@KatKomics

Well I hope things go well for you. As I stated in another thread, grading with cgc is suspect. While they garner higher returns in my experience financially, the grades are iffy. If you want something for personal collection and want it for accurate grades I would suggest cbcs.

nope these are for sale when Wolverine hits the MCU (FM Wolvi #1,#2 as well as original monthly series #1, #10...maybe that one with Grey Hulk too??)

Might have to hold them for a bit but then they'll be ready

it's either those or some magazine size books?

not a fan of CCS work from my 1 experience but I may go that route?

I will likely also send a few books to CFP that are CGC SS to press and re-grade..but that will be later?
Post 412 IP   flag post
Collector bunkjo private msg quote post Address this user
Comics received Sept 24, 2021 not entered til Nov 11, 2021. Still listed processing. All modern tier yet have friends received books back from private signing all this year. Why not stop taking orders til you catch up with back orders. Card grading companies done it til they caught up.
Post 413 IP   flag post
My order from June 22, 2021 shows shipped. Grades are on the dashboard but I will NOT look at them until they are home.
Post 414 IP   flag post
Collector WndrWmn74 private msg quote post Address this user
That’s what I do.
Post 415 IP   flag post
Collector jsa private msg quote post Address this user
My very first and only submission was July 2021 at a local show to which I opted to have fast pass pressing and grading. With the then TAT, the rep stated I should expect to receive my books around December 2021. The order had moved into processing(Pressing) about a month after submission so August. It's now been 10 months and it is still being pressed, 31 books.

Now I expected there to be delays, but how does an estimated TAT get an allotment of an additional 5 months, and counting?! I would love to have that extra time to pay my mortgage, credit card bills with no interest added. I've gotten nowhere with customer service who continues to tell me that the TAT without the fast pass option would've been 103 weeks, that's essentially 2 years, WTF! They are completely clueless as far as I'm concerned. At this point, I just hope to get my books back some time this year, safely.
Post 416 IP   flag post
Collector reptilekingdiesoon private msg quote post Address this user
I was told there 75 weeks tat
Post 417 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by reptilekingdiesoon
I was told there 75 weeks tat

this cant be true
Post 418 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
75 weeks, 100 weeks, 200 weeks......
They are in there some where.

Post 419 IP   flag post
Collector warlordofmars private msg quote post Address this user
@Bronte Yes, CGC is faster now. I sent in an just a regular order (no express) and got back my books in under two months. Now the pressing is another story. I am just getting back my books next week from books I sent in to be pressed last July.

Would love to send more (non pressing) books to CBSC, but just can't be waiting a year to get them back, when I can send them to CGC and get them back in less than two months.
Post 420 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by warlordofmars
@Bronte Yes, CGC is faster now. I sent in an just a regular order (no express) and got back my books in under two months. Now the pressing is another story. I am just getting back my books next week from books I sent in to be pressed last July.

Would love to send more (non pressing) books to CBSC, but just can't be waiting a year to get them back, when I can send them to CGC and get them back in less than two months.

same here cgc is about 2 months plus
Post 421 IP   flag post
Collector Bige private msg quote post Address this user
I have an order dated Jul 21, 2021 that has been in shipping since June, 10, 2022. I have called several times left messages and of course received the ticket number, but no calls or e-mails to let me know what is going on since June 10th. We are now at July 5 and still no response. Calling just gets you an answering machine, at least in the past you can actually talk to a person. NOw radio silence. I have slowed down sending anything to CBCS now and will probably use CGC due to the lack of customer service. I understand that companies get bombarded with submissions, but to not call the person is insane. the lack of disrespect and entitlement from CBCS not to follow up with a call of email has me baffled. So last year I spent over 7k this year so far $500.00 and I don't think I will be sending in anymore to CBCS. This is such a disappointment as I have been talking up CBCS for so long.
Post 422 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobashek
My order from June 22, 2021 shows shipped. Grades are on the dashboard but I will NOT look at them until they are home.

@Bobashek - Heresy! What is this witchcraft you use for such self-control???
Post 423 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobashek

@Bobashek - Heresy! What is this witchcraft you use for such self-control???

I somehow managed. Was a bit disappointed in the grades. I did post in one of the threads the books. All were pressed. The non pressed ones actually came back with better grades.
Post 424 IP   flag post
Collector 1976jfperez private msg quote post Address this user
my order (21-2E12ECB) went from Heat Seal to Grading, this does not make sense to me...
Post 425 IP   flag post
No rust here... Nearmint67 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1976jfperez
my order (21-2E12ECB) went from Heat Seal to Grading, this does not make sense to me...

yep. me too. But don't ask. That question is insignificant compared to some more serious issues that have been happening recently. It has happened to several other folks here too. I know it has happened to @Scifinator more than once.
Post 426 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@1976jfperez - Confirmed, as @Nearmint67 mentioned, I have seen that happen to many of my orders in the past year. And, yet, those orders have come in well under the current estimated TAT's, which leads me to believe that those TAT's may be accurate for submissions from the late 1st qtr and 2nd qtr of 2022.
Post 427 IP   flag post
cgc is now working on orders middle of may

while i still wait from cbcs for a first order from january

are they ever going to grade books from this year without paying a fast pass charge for
Post 428 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980

are they ever going to grade books from this year without paying a fast pass charge for

Um....yes, but you are aware of all the people on this thread still waiting for orders from last august/September, right? Do the math, mate. Your Jan submission still has a loooong wait.
Post 429 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by etapi65
Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980

Um....yes, but you are aware of all the people on this thread still waiting for orders from last august/September, right? Do the math, mate. Your Jan submission still has a loooong wait.

they told me cbcs the tats are 140 days
Post 430 IP   flag post
619263 999 30