Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

So....How do you like the forum here....176

Collector LittleGiantComics private msg quote post Address this user
LOVE IT!
Post 151 IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
There is still way too much dead white space on the left and right. The actual amount of space for posts is quite small and when you start quoting people the text gets scrunched up more and more.

Overall, this board is lacking in a lot of the features of one of the more popular message board software options. Although, perhaps that's what you guys were going for? Something different?
Post 152 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkfro
There is still way too much dead white space on the left and right. The actual amount of space for posts is quite small and when you start quoting people the text gets scrunched up more and more.

Overall, this board is lacking in a lot of the features of one of the more popular message board software options. Although, perhaps that's what you guys were going for? Something different?

That's one of the biggest misconceptions people buy into, different = good. Different is only better if it is an improvement over something previously held. In my opinion, the familiar can be pretty damn good as well.
Post 153 IP   flag post
Collector PovRow private msg quote post Address this user
Right. Communication and information access are primary qualities in a message board. There are many other message board packages that are superior to Ninja Post in these regards.
Post 154 IP   flag post
Collector VillageIdiot private msg quote post Address this user
Wow. Lots of angst, for a virgin launch 😒
Post 155 IP   flag post

Collector Beige private msg quote post Address this user
As others have said - a division of the chat board into section would make it easier to find what you are looking for.
Silver, Gold etc.
You could add a section called paddling pool for all the CGC comics general crowd...
Buying and selling forum, and an 'ask the expert' section where people could ask Steve, West, Joey and god forbid even yourself questions about trends, grading standards, pressing, resto etc.
Just a thought.
Post 156 IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageIdiot

They are asking for feedback. We are giving it to them. I like these forums but I see ample opportunity for improvement.
Post 157 IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkfro
Quote:

They are asking for feedback. We are giving it to them. I like these forums but I see ample opportunity for improvement.

I think the handle might be accurate in this case
Post 158 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
Seems fine to me.
Post 159 IP   flag post
Quote:

Incorrect use of the word "angst". Thing is THIS is the time to really make suggestions like this...while the forum is still new. Not a long ways down the road when more and more things would need to be undone.
Post 160 IP   flag post
Collector catrick339 private msg quote post Address this user
Seems to me that you need a "Wanted" tag over yonder for folks looking for a specific item.

....Oh, and I agree with Jerkfro about all that dead white space...
Post 161 IP   flag post
Collector Kinzebac private msg quote post Address this user
I love it
Post 162 IP   flag post
Collector ccmp99 private msg quote post Address this user
Will this forum eventually be divided into sections? Just wondering?
Post 163 IP   flag post
Collector RRO private msg quote post Address this user
A funny thing happened on the way here
Post 164 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PovRow
Quote:

Incorrect use of the word "angst". Thing is THIS is the time to really make suggestions like this...while the forum is still new. Not a long ways down the road when more and more things would need to be undone.

Not at all. "Fear, anxiety, ect" 'Anguish' is its latin equivalent. Seems quite proper in my opinion. One is truly nitpicking to find "angst" an unacceptable word in this form and or definition.
Post 165 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not at all. "Fear, anxiety, ect" 'Anguish' is its latin equivalent. Seems quite proper in my opinion. One is truly nitpicking to find "angst" an unacceptable word in this form and or definition.

I know what angst is. It is the quality that drove me from Marvel SA to pre-code horror!
But I see no fear or anxiety in these suggestions. I see no moaning, wailing, sobbing, groaning, keening or lamenting. I DO see suggestions being made in answer to CBCS asking what we want to see.
Post 166 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I knoqw what anhgst is. It is the qulity that drove me from Marvel SA to pre-code horror!
But I see no fear or anxiety in these suggestions. I see no moaning, wailing, sobbing, groaning, keening or lamenting. I DO see suggestions being made in answer to CBCS asking what we want to see.

Misspellings! PovertyRow is back!

Post 167 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I knoqw what anhgst is. It is the qulity that drove me from Marvel SA to pre-code horror!

Misspellings! PovertyRow is back!

You HAD to quote it!
Post 168 IP   flag post
You didn't correct it.

Post 169 IP   flag post
Quote:
You didn't correct it.

Hah! I corrected it. I am tired of being stalked by Aaron's unmarried non-feminist daughter.
Post 170 IP   flag post
Collector nadabig private msg quote post Address this user
I was impartial to the forums until I came to this thread.

Now I want my three minutes back.
Post 171 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadabig
I was impartial to the forums until I came to this thread.

Now I want my three minutes back.

180 seconds is all its taken you to read 7 pages of posts? That would be quite impressive. Evelyn Wood background?
Post 172 IP   flag post
Collector nadabig private msg quote post Address this user
No, more of a background containing Catholic influence in patience and tolerance...

...until about 6 years ago, drinking too.

We live, we grow.
Post 173 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nadabig
No, more of a background containing Catholic influence in patience and tolerance...

...until about 6 years ago, drinking too.

We live, we grow.

Funny
Post 174 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
You didn't correct it.

Hah! I corrected it. I am tired of being stalked by Aaron's unmarried non-feminist daughter.

Um... I believe I am too under educated for this statement to have the desired effect.
Post 175 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You didn't correct it.

Um... I believe I am too under educated for this statement to have the desired effect.

Aaron's unmarried non-feminist daughter AKA Miss Spelling.
Post 176 IP   flag post
Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
In fairness, Aaron Spelling's notoriety as a Hollywood producer may be a tad before Doc' time, but I think that pun is downright hillarious! (thumbs up)
Post 177 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You didn't correct it.

Aaron's unmarried non-feminist daughter AKA Miss Spelling.

Ah, never really followed 90210 or reality TV.
Post 178 IP   flag post
@DrWatson Ah, never really followed 90210 or reality TV.

Aaron Spelling's daughter Tori played Linda Lake in Smallville. There's always a little connection.
Post 179 IP   flag post
I've never seen an episode of Smallville.
Post 180 IP   flag post
600895 405 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?