Collector jsilverjanet private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveBorock
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
How do I like the forum here? There's good and there's needs a bit more polish

You guys should get a Nobel Peace Prize for hosting pictures yourself. Not having to use photobucket or another hosting service and copy in direct links BUT INSTEAD having it basically function like Facebook is just wonderful.

The image we can use for our Avatar is larger than that other grading company chat board, so the picture is clearer.

I'm finding the navigation a bit hard to figure. I can understand you didn't want to just copy how the CGC message boards looked. But that is what most of us are used to, so why fight it? You need some larger catch all type forums so there aren't so many topics to look through. A Water Cooler and Comics General forum really does make sense. Differentiate your forum with direct hosting of pics, the Avatar, the moderation and allowing discussion of competitors.

You really, really need a Want to Buy and Want to Sell forums. The lack thereof really smacks one in the face as a comparison to the Collector Society Message boards. IMHO it's probably MORE important that CBCS message boards have selling forums than CGC.

Thanks for the feedback IronMan! It is exactly what we are looking for. The stuff you love, the stuff you don't and the features you want added. We will strive to do our best to listen to you and everyone else here.

I agree with Iron Man's feedback 100%...how ironic since Iron Man is my favorite character.

And thank you Steve Borock and team for taking the time to build this forum and listen to feedback.

Suck up
Post 101 IP   flag post
Collector jsilverjanet private msg quote post Address this user
It would be nice to be able to delete a post
Post 102 IP   flag post
Moderator The_Watcher private msg quote post Address this user
@jsilverjanet I can do that for you
Post 103 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsilverjanet
It would be nice to be able to delete a post

Or maybe just post less.

Post 104 IP   flag post
Is that possible? LOL
Post 105 IP   flag post

CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Ignore function.
Post 106 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Ignore function.

Already? Land sakes!
Post 107 IP   flag post
Collector Marc_1 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsilverjanet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc_1
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan
How do I like the forum here? There's good and there's needs a bit more polish

You guys should get a Nobel Peace Prize for hosting pictures yourself. Not having to use photobucket or another hosting service and copy in direct links BUT INSTEAD having it basically function like Facebook is just wonderful.

The image we can use for our Avatar is larger than that other grading company chat board, so the picture is clearer.

I'm finding the navigation a bit hard to figure. I can understand you didn't want to just copy how the CGC message boards looked. But that is what most of us are used to, so why fight it? You need some larger catch all type forums so there aren't so many topics to look through. A Water Cooler and Comics General forum really does make sense. Differentiate your forum with direct hosting of pics, the Avatar, the moderation and allowing discussion of competitors.

You really, really need a Want to Buy and Want to Sell forums. The lack thereof really smacks one in the face as a comparison to the Collector Society Message boards. IMHO it's probably MORE important that CBCS message boards have selling forums than CGC.

Thanks for the feedback IronMan! It is exactly what we are looking for. The stuff you love, the stuff you don't and the features you want added. We will strive to do our best to listen to you and everyone else here.

I agree with Iron Man's feedback 100%...how ironic since Iron Man is my favorite character.

And thank you Steve Borock and team for taking the time to build this forum and listen to feedback.

Suck up

Hahaha!

What's up man?!
Post 108 IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics
Ignore function.

Already? Land sakes!

I was wondering if I could live without it just on the first day.
Post 109 IP   flag post
Collector Marc_1 private msg quote post Address this user
Any news on a buying and selling forum?

I'm not known for my patience. lol
Post 110 IP   flag post
Collector AnkurJ private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Watcher
I think the moderation here is top notch, especially that Greek guy

He shines the slabs using....WINDEX!
Post 111 IP   flag post
Collector AnkurJ private msg quote post Address this user
Forum categories for different ages of comics, art, shows, grading questions etc. Obviously a Buy/Sell forum with a feedback subforum.

Also it would be nice to see who made the last post on a certain thread rather than the thread originator.
Post 112 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkurJ
Also it would be nice to see who made the last post on a certain thread rather than the thread originator.

If you're on a laptop, you can hover your mouse arrow over the time stamp on the right, and a box will pop up with the author of the latest post and part of the text
Post 113 IP   flag post
Collector Claudio private msg quote post Address this user
After lurking for a few days, the main detraction is the lack of sub-forums - everything's a bit too linear and it hurts my OCD.

Are these forums going to be as uptight about mentioning or displaying work from other grading companies as you-know-who? Maybe they protect their brand a little too much when it comes to mentioning CBCS but there you can slam and bad mouth PGX or any small guy anytime you want.
Post 114 IP   flag post
Collector TheKaptain private msg quote post Address this user
First impression is that the forum feels unorganized. I much prefer discrete sub-forums and threads that are easy to follow.
Post 115 IP   flag post
Collector PovRow private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Watcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnkurJ

If you're on a laptop, you can hover your mouse arrow over the time stamp on the right, and a box will pop up with the author of the latest post and part of the text

What I found is hovering over the time stamp to see a popup of the last post works on both desktops and laptops (Win 10 on mine). But you must be in Forum Home view. If you have a list from opening a Tag, then hovering over the time stamp does nothing.
Post 116 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudio
After lurking for a few days, the main detraction is the lack of sub-forums - everything's a bit too linear and it hurts my OCD.

Are these forums going to be as uptight about mentioning or displaying work from other grading companies as you-know-who? Maybe they protect their brand a little too much when it comes to mentioning CBCS but there you can slam and bad mouth PGX or any small guy anytime you want.

@Claudio - I hope you did some more surfing on the threads, but in case you didn't, posts containing CGC, Vault, Halo, PGX slabs (I don't think I missed any) are all welcome. Bear in mind that there are MANY people who hold strong opinions on what company is best. There will always be those that will voice their opinion strongly. Don't let it detract from your love of collecting. If it gets too intense, alert myself or another mod and it will dealt with. I hope you enjoy the forum!!
Post 117 IP   flag post
PGX slabs are a no go per El Presidente.
Post 118 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
posts containing CGC, Vault, Halo, PGX slabs (I don't think I missed any) are all welcome

I need to correct Jesse here. Steve Borock has stated that only CBCS and CGC slabs are allowed to be shown on the forum.
Post 119 IP   flag post
I stand corrected!!!
Post 120 IP   flag post
The forum is coming along nicely but I AM disappointed with some people bringing CGC board cliques, shenanigans etc. here, even this early on. I was really hoping this was going to be a uniquely different place from the CGC boards but that idea seems to have been wiped in short order.
Post 121 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by PovRow
The forum is coming along nicely but I AM disappointed with some people bringing CGC board cliques, shenanigans etc. here, even this early on. I was really hoping this was going to be a uniquely different place from the CGC boards but that idea seems to have been wiped in short order.

@PovRow Sorry to hear about this. I'm afraid I'm a bit out of the loop on this one as I've never been on the CGC board. If you'd care to elaborate, feel free to pm me and I'll see if there is something that we could do as a group or that I could do as an admin to make sure this forum is unique and enjoyable for all the members.
Post 122 IP   flag post
Hey Jesse. There is really nothing to do as an admin regarding this. After all, I would not want to encourage moderating behavior that IS within the rules of the TOS. But I felt mentioning it might hit a chord with some involved or with others who are regulars over at the CGC boards and recognize it.

Sometimes, regrettably, speaking out like this can be hard for some for fear of reprisals, unpopularity etc. which I do understand. But having hit my 65th birthday a few months ago the concept of peer pressure is rather remote!
Post 123 IP   flag post
Collector TheKaptain private msg quote post Address this user
Not sure if this was posted yet, but another issue with using Tags rather than having sub-forums, is that a lot of posts get duplicated. If someone used say 5 tags on a post, I will see that same post 5 times when I click on the various tags on the left side of the screen.
Post 124 IP   flag post
Yeah, it reminds me a bit of ebay sellers assigning multiple categories to their Captain America Refrigerator Magnets!
Post 125 IP   flag post
Quote:
Hey Jesse. There is really nothing to do as an admin regarding this. After all, I would not want to encourage moderating behavior that IS within the rules of the TOS. But I felt mentioning it might hit a chord with some involved or with others who are regulars over at the CGC boards and recognize it.

Sometimes, regrettably, speaking out like this can be hard for some for fear of reprisals, unpopularity etc. which I do understand. But having hit my 65th birthday a few months ago the concept of peer pressure is rather remote!

Sometimes, you just have to overlook certain... things. I know sometimes I think I'm funny when I'm not and people think,
"What an idiot." It's a two way street. I try to be... nicer, as to not come across as the "You kids get off my lawn!" type of guy, but it can be difficult. Given the way this particular forum is setup, it's harder to get away from the kids splashing in the shallow end of the pool as it isn't as segregated as the cgc boards are with the different sub-forums. However, I think once all the red has been licked of the candy, you'll start to see things begin to mellow out.
Post 126 IP   flag post
President SteveBorock private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Sometimes, you just have to overlook certain... things. I know sometimes I think I'm funny when I'm not and people think,
"What an idiot." It's a two way street. I try to be... nicer, as to not come across as the "You kids get off my lawn!" type of guy, but it can be difficult. Given the way this particular forum is setup, it's harder to get away from the kids splashing in the shallow end of the pool as it isn't as segregated as the cgc boards are with the different sub-forums. However, I think once all the red has been licked of the candy, you'll start to see things begin to mellow out.

Well, said!
Post 127 IP   flag post
1) it's harder to get away from the kids splashing in the shallow end of the pool

2) I think once all the red has been licked off the candy

Amazing phraseology right there! Most impressive, actually! (This is the first time I heard the 2nd one! Must remember it.)
Post 128 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Well, said!

Well said me, Watson or both???
Post 129 IP   flag post
Quote:
1) it's harder to get away from the kids splashing in the shallow end of the pool

2) I think once all the red has been licked off the candy

Amazing phraseology right there! Most impressive, actually! (This is the first time I heard the 2nd one! Must remember it.)

Post 130 IP   flag post
600861 405 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?