Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

So....How do you like the forum here....176

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
@martymann - one other thing to check is the email alerts settings in your account. You should be able to just click on your own name to view it. If that and all of the above advice still doesn't work, let me know and we'll have to get someone at CBCS to look into it.
Post 376 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Thank you for your suggestions...have tried them and still
no Alerts.

Marty
Post 377 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
Thank you for your suggestions...have tried them and still
no Alerts.

Marty

I'll see what I can do.
Post 378 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Marty, your email notifications should be working again.
Post 379 IP   flag post
Steve...

Thank you and thanks to Mike Wilt and Jesse_O and all who
helped me out!

Marty Mann
Post 380 IP   flag post

Collector flikhype private msg quote post Address this user
Quite messy i thought...I've been on it for a few days now and maybe it's just me, but I find it very difficult to browse around for information required. In fact, there is almost nothing for me to systematically browse around. To some point it gets very frustrating for me, and when you wanted to post a question on board, you would have this fear that you may get slam for repeating your question 'cause someone else has asked it and you're just too oblivious not to find it. So you'd take days to try searching for it.

Then the search box brings me out to google,though search results will list most relevant forum links topmost, and only advance search will retain me within the forum page.

It's not a place where I would like to spend hours and hours on, like what your counterpart has, but to be fair they took quite some time to build that.

This forum is appearing more like a claustrophobic new year's eve countdown where and when everything goes. One pull down the screen and I could find a thread of someone chatting about TMNT, then a question about someone's submission, then another one asking for opinions, then another asking for solution to some technical issues, and so on. Of course, there would be the tags where we could filter, that is, if everyone make posts taking time thereafter to tag.

I am not IT proficient, but...I thought as your user base grows, some housekeeping should be put in place. The sooner you do it, I suppose the less hectic it will be for everyone and probably lesser money you'd have to spend to get someone to do it.

Sorry if I sounded otherwise, which I don't intend to. But I do feel rather frustrated when I needed answers to questions, and I couldn't find it in Help, neither the forum, and I have to post questions one by one, and these questions are basic questions which should be answered by now already and displayed clearly everywhere.

Such as - Where do we send our comics after we submit the form?

Or are you only taking Walk-ins?

Thank you.
Post 381 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@flikhype your are not wrong. Search and navigation stinks for threads that are not posted in daily. We have gotten used to answering repeat questions.
Post 382 IP   flag post
Collector flikhype private msg quote post Address this user
@DarthLego So far I have only been greeted by kind gestures and very helpful boardies. But even though so, I thought it shouldn't be taken for granted. But if there is no system in place to avoid that and administrate, then one day this will just balloon into a bigger problem. I hope I just raised up some valid points...

Another thing I just encounter on my threads. When I clicked into my threads, I have no idea which are the ones with replies unread. I have to second guess. But of course one could say I could set an email alert for new replies, but....that is just not user-friendly I thought. Maybe the threads with unread posts could be in bold?

Thank you.
Post 383 IP   flag post
Collector General_Zod private msg quote post Address this user
I've been lurking for several days. I registered last year but have been away from the world mostly since.

Honestly, like others, I feel the forum needs some changes. It's hard to navigate and those tags on the left side of the screen don't really do it for me. I think a lot of people would like categories to split the threads rather than scrolling down, down, down, down, down (am I getting redundant?) to see more threads relevant to my interests and perhaps specific (untagged) topics. Think of it as a big room with several boxes to look into instead of keeping it all out in the open in the same big room which is frankly overwhelming.

The scrolling compounded by search issues is also why there are many repeat questions. I'm sure the regulars are getting quite bored repeating answers and it makes the whole board less interesting overall.

When I go to the next page, it always sends me to an older post (2-3 back) instead of to the very next unread post. Not sure if that is by design, but I started having to memorize which post number I last read so I don't have my "reading conversation" interrupted by accidentally re-reading old replies.

I also second marking threads with something to let us know if there are new, unread posts since we last read it.

Not liking the idea of a like button (I see CGC is doing it too) - it feels a bit like a popularity contest. See Bryce Dallas Howard's episode in Black Mirror (I think it was the first episode in Season 3). This really doesn't need to be like Facebook. No offense meant.

I'd like to see a little bit of information about users posting in threads below their name & photo at a quick glance. Flags are cool and all, but I like seeing specific cities/towns or when people feel like being creative. It just adds a little more flavor or personality to matching up posts with names.

Glad the post counter isn't present, though.

Thank you again for letting us have a voice here!
Post 384 IP   flag post
Collector General_Zod private msg quote post Address this user
After having talked to Jake (good dude) in person a little about this, I retract my feedback as it is likely going to be addressed in the future when they are able.
Post 385 IP   flag post
Collector thpike private msg quote post Address this user
I'm not sure if this has been addressed cause I can't find it but when I come to the forum I'm logged in and can post. But When I click on my account in the top right it says I don't have access. So when I go to the home page it says I'm not logged in.
Post 386 IP   flag post
@thpike the forums and the main website dashboard have separate logins, even though they share the same user name and password.
Post 387 IP   flag post
@DarthLego I'm NOT crazy!! You're the best Darth.
Post 388 IP   flag post
@thpike shh, don't tell anyone.
Post 389 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flikhype
when you wanted to post a question on board, you would have this fear that you may get slam for repeating your question 'cause someone else has asked it and you're just too oblivious not to find it. So you'd take days to try searching for it.

No fear. That doesn't happen here, the mods do a very good job of keeping this place clean.

Personally I like the chaos, I don't have to click around, everything is right here in one spot. Maybe we could use a few sub forums, but I really hope they don't make piles of them like somewhere else

Btw welcome to the forum @flikhype
Post 390 IP   flag post
I always feel like this forum is a bunch of people out at a bar having a good time. Once in awhile everyone is in on the same conversation but most of the time it's a lot of side conversations and it's wonderful.
Post 391 IP   flag post
Collector Thanatos private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by thpike
I always feel like this forum is a bunch of people out at a bar having a good time. Once in awhile everyone is in on the same conversation but most of the time it's a lot of side conversations and it's wonderful.

This feels about right.
Post 392 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by thpike

Post 393 IP   flag post
The search feature won't find archived threads. And why are threads being archived anyway? That's just stupid. If I want to update my Darth's Most Wanted thread I should be allowed to, whether 5 months or 5 years later.
Post 394 IP   flag post
@DarthLego I had to search HARD to find that thread too... now I want you to start another one so I can be in on the scavenger fun...
Post 395 IP   flag post
There's at least two or three, I keep having to start new ones.
Post 396 IP   flag post
How does a thread get marked with a Star and kept at the top?

Marty Mann
Post 397 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Those threads have been stickied by the moderators or the administrators.
Post 398 IP   flag post
@martymann only CBCS created threads get stickied.
Post 399 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Anybody's thread can get stickied to the top if the information contained in it is deemed of value to everyone for an extended amount of time.
Post 400 IP   flag post
Collector Finley2020 private msg quote post Address this user
As you can tell by my rep I'm fairly new to the site. What drew me here was of all the activity that was missing from my old forum- which is a ghost town now. That being said I can see some room for improvements. As others have mentioned the topics are all over the place. Also, and this is minor, I don't quite care for the Google search page results. Makes me feel like I'm leaving the site and being sent elsewhere. Altogether I feel this is a great place just needs some minor tweaks.
Post 401 IP   flag post
Collector Watcherman private msg quote post Address this user
New here also. Have a Detective #359 in the pike that has understandably been delayed. Just glad everyone survived and limited damage.
Enjoying the forum as it doesn't seem as snarky as the competition's. You guys trade info freely and have impressed this old collector. I lurk (hence, my username) but will tap in when I can contribute.
Thanks for letting me know the internet isn't filled with arsehats completely!
Question: Is there any record of fanzines like the one I added here being graded? Most have been beat to death but I'm interested in preservation by encapsulation (say that one 5 times, fast!)
Thanks!

Post 402 IP   flag post
Collector Odins_Raven private msg quote post Address this user
It would be cool if thumbs up could be given to individual collectors profiles or at least the individual items they have in their profiles. Similar concept to Comicartfans.com.

It would also be cool if there were monthly official CBCS competitions on various themes within the hobby. Collectors could submit books from their collections and members could vote with the winners receiving grading credits. Maybe when the collector sets get up and running?
Post 403 IP   flag post
Collector noble private msg quote post Address this user
Seems like a total free for fall in a format that is like a watered down reddit. These forums need a set of categories so users can easily find consistent topics and a means to buy, trade and sell CBCS books. Maybe the idea was to make this as completely different to what the main the competitor has, but that format works.
Post 404 IP   flag post
Collector BabaLament private msg quote post Address this user
Hello all!

Is there a problem w/ the forum webpage? I'm trying to upload photos, the yellow "Uploading Photo" icon comes up, and then a whole lot of nothing. I've tried in IE & Chrome. Please let me know if this is a known thing. Thanks!
Post 405 IP   flag post
598069 405 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?