Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

So....How do you like the forum here....176

Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
That is your opinion, and as has recently been demonstrated, your opinion isn't necessarily the correct or best one.

Just to answer this point, the thread was locked with the consensus of the mods and admins. We were on agreement on this.

Also, I take no offense by what you are saying DocBrown. I also want this forum and CBCS to succeed.

My second point was directed at MetalPsi who made a comment on this thread NOT the CGC vs CBCS thread. Normally, I send people a pm. This was a special case. My reasons for doing this are not open for public discussion.

I did not say to start a new CGC vs CBCS thread. My idea was for someone to narrow the topic - like "qualified" labels or the structure of the grading scale, etc.

I hope this helps to clarify some issues.
Post 351 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I think what is perplexing us is that all of the so called "heated" stuff took place yesterday, nothing really crossed any lines, and the whole thing ended with valuable information learned. Today the thread gets locked straight outta nowhere like a Randy Orton RKO and nothing exciting even took place today. Had the thread been locked yesterday no one would have batted an eye, locking it today has everyone scratching their heads.
Post 352 IP   flag post
Collector DocBrown private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:
That is your opinion, and as has recently been demonstrated, your opinion isn't necessarily the correct or best one.

Just to answer this point, the thread was locked with the consensus of the mods and admins. We were on agreement on this.

Then I say this to the mods and admins: if you want CBCS to be considered a professional, top-tier grading company...and it IS...with a professional, top-tier message board, instead of a, to quote, "CBCS fanboy" board, where all anyone does is post "CBCS rules, everyone else drools!" endlessly, you won't do these things going forward.

To use the example, CGC has suffered TREMENDOUSLY, in ways they're not even aware of, by allowing the atmosphere of their message boards to be what it is and has been. They haven't listened to their customers...which is why CBCS exists.

CBCS HAS to succeed. The graded comics industry NEEDS you to succeed. And one significant way you can do that is by elevating the discourse, and not making the same bad decisions that CGC has made for 15 years.

I believe in CBCS. I believe in its mission, and I believe in its validity in the marketplace. I hope CBCS believes that just as strongly.
Post 353 IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Then I say this to the mods and admins: if you want CBCS to be considered a professional, top-tier grading company...and it IS...with a professional, top-tier message board, instead of a, to quote, "CBCS fanboy" board, where all anyone does is post "CBCS rules, everyone else drools!" endlessly, you won't do these things going forward.

To use the example, CGC has suffered TREMENDOUSLY, in ways they're not even aware of, by allowing the atmosphere of their message boards to be what it is and has been. They haven't listened to their customers...which is why CBCS exists.

CBCS HAS to succeed. The graded comics industry NEEDS you to succeed. And one significant way you can do that is by elevating the discourse, and not making the same bad decisions that CGC has made for 15 years.

I believe in CBCS. I believe in its mission, and I believe in its validity in the marketplace. I hope CBCS believes that just as strongly.

Well said. I hope the intent of this message is thoughtfully considered, especially the point about the CBCS fanboyism which is rampant on these boards
Post 354 IP   flag post
Collector Logan510 private msg quote post Address this user
Oh boy
Post 355 IP   flag post

Collector slym2none private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Ok - first off, we CAN and will lock threads when we feel it is appropriate. The CGC vs CBCS thread was getting redundant and escalating tempers. There really was nothing left to be said. We let it go until that point. If you feel something STILL needs to discussed - narrow the point down and start a new thread.

Second off, calling people out to the hockey rink will result in a suspension whether it is said in confusion or not.

And finally, we strive to create a friendly atmosphere where people are free to discuss CGC or CBCS and are welcome to post pictures of either companies slabs. That does not mean we will tolerate CGC fanboys who have nothing constructive to say here. Also, I'd like for you to TRY to mention CBCS or post a CBCS slab across the street and see what happens.

Play nice or take your ball and go home.

Peace

I'm just a lurker here, but this seems unprofessional and rude, IMHO.
Post 356 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Also, I take no offense by what you are saying DocBrown. I also want this forum and CBCS to succeed.

My second point was directed at MetalPsi who made a comment on this thread NOT the CGC vs CBCS thread. Normally, I send people a pm. This was a special case. My reasons for doing this are not open for public discussion.

I did not say to start a new CGC vs CBCS thread. My idea was for someone to narrow the topic - like "qualified" labels or the structure of the grading scale, etc.

I hope this helps to clarify some issues.

This seems more on the level, though.

Post 357 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by slym2none
Quote:
Ok - first off, we CAN and will lock threads when we feel it is appropriate. The CGC vs CBCS thread was getting redundant and escalating tempers. There really was nothing left to be said. We let it go until that point. If you feel something STILL needs to discussed - narrow the point down and start a new thread.

Second off, calling people out to the hockey rink will result in a suspension whether it is said in confusion or not.

And finally, we strive to create a friendly atmosphere where people are free to discuss CGC or CBCS and are welcome to post pictures of either companies slabs. That does not mean we will tolerate CGC fanboys who have nothing constructive to say here. Also, I'd like for you to TRY to mention CBCS or post a CBCS slab across the street and see what happens.

Play nice or take your ball and go home.

Peace

I'm just a lurker here, but this seems unprofessional and rude, IMHO.

In your opinion, why?
Post 358 IP   flag post
"We CAN and will lock threads"

We know that mods/admins can. Him saying it that way is very aggressive, some might consider it hostile. Same with his last line. Both of those points could have been made using far less hostile language & syntax.

And calling anyone who might disagree with him a "CGC fanboy" is very unprofessional.

Last, what is said & done on the other side of the street really isn't applicable here.

I hope this answers your question.

Post 359 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
@slym2none Isn't Rai an awesome character?

I can see why they are finally making a movie...his story needed to be told.

:o)
Post 360 IP   flag post
Collector ZosoRocks private msg quote post Address this user
Hey SB....et al CBCS..thank you for the forums...good people are on it, with interesting stories and helpful hints.

"There is still good in there, I know it."

Cheers!
Post 361 IP   flag post
@slym2none You've made some valid points and I'd like to respond.

First off, my locking threads comment was a direct response to a post by Doc Brown.

Quote:
Folks...you can't just lock threads (I refer to the CBCS vs. CGC thread) because there's a serious discussion with disagreement going on.

Quote:
And calling anyone who might disagree with him a "CGC fanboy" is very unprofessional.

I did not call anyone who disagrees with me a CGC fanboy.

Quote:
That does not mean we will tolerate CGC fanboys who have nothing constructive to say here.

There are people who visit here whose sole purpose is to disrupt the forum and cause drama. These people will point out the virtues of CGC and bash CBCS every chance they get. This statement was not directed at any one person.

And what you said about across the street is absolutely true. Yet hardly a day goes by that some sort of drama that got started there doesn't overflow to here.

If you meant my comment about their extreme censorship, I was just pointing out an obvious difference in the forums after this forum was accused of being even worse then CGC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalPSI
In too many respects this place isn't better than CGC, it's worse.

So, I hope this helps to clarify where I was coming from. In the future, I will make sure to quote people in my direct responses.
Post 362 IP   flag post
Quote:
"We CAN and will lock threads"

We know that mods/admins can. Him saying it that way is very aggressive, some might consider it hostile. Same with his last line. Both of those points could have been made using far less hostile language & syntax.

Last, what is said & done on the other side of the street really isn't applicable here.

I hope this answers your question.

I didn't get that vibe from Jesse at all, but that's why Baskin-Robbins has 31 flavors
Post 363 IP   flag post
Thank you for the thoughtful response, @Jesse_O.
Post 364 IP   flag post
CBCS broke up with me over Facebook. CFP_Comics private msg quote post Address this user
Are we ever going to get an ignore function?
Post 365 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics

Soon.
Post 366 IP   flag post
Note to the webmaster. The new video button won't work for me on the mobile version of the site.
Post 367 IP   flag post
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
Any idea why I no longer receive Email Alerts when someone
replies to any of my threads? I first noticed this about
16 days ago.

Marty Mann
Post 368 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFP_Comics

Soon.

Let's hope so!...I plan on getting ignored big time!!!
Post 369 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by martymann
16 days ago.

Marty Mann

Are these checked off for you?

Post 370 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
16 days ago.

Marty Mann

Yes.

mm
Post 371 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Quote:
16 days ago.

Marty Mann

Yes.

mm

Well I'm stumped.

Administration will need to be involved.
Post 372 IP   flag post
I would appreciate any help!

mm
Post 373 IP   flag post
@martymann try unchecking them and rechecking them.
Post 374 IP   flag post
Quote:
I would appreciate any help!

mm

I'm assuming you're getting emails from other sources. I would do as Darthlego suggested and then reboot your device or computer. If that doesn't work I'd contact a moderator.
Post 375 IP   flag post
@martymann - one other thing to check is the email alerts settings in your account. You should be able to just click on your own name to view it. If that and all of the above advice still doesn't work, let me know and we'll have to get someone at CBCS to look into it.
Post 376 IP   flag post
Thank you for your suggestions...have tried them and still
no Alerts.

Marty
Post 377 IP   flag post
Quote:
Thank you for your suggestions...have tried them and still
no Alerts.

Marty

I'll see what I can do.
Post 378 IP   flag post
CBCS Pressing SteveRicketts private msg quote post Address this user
Marty, your email notifications should be working again.
Post 379 IP   flag post
Steve...

Thank you and thanks to Mike Wilt and Jesse_O and all who
helped me out!

Marty Mann
Post 380 IP   flag post
601262 405 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?