Post 301 IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkfro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocBrown
Hi! Quick suggestion: if you're going to lock a thread, it would probably be better to just delete it or delete posts that step over your line. Locking a thread, and denying the opportunity for further response, gives the appearance (however unintentionally) of supporting whatever "side" happened to get the "last word." I know that's not the case, but that is the appearance that results.

It's much fairer to just delete the entire thing, OR delete those particular posts that cross a line. I imagine someone calling someone else a "dick" would be an example of that.

Thanks!

Maybe we need a LTPC here

Maybe you need to shut your pie hole!

But... but... then how will the pie get in my mouth?
Post 302 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
@MR_SigS I support all the Jennifers.
Post 303 IP   flag post
Collector Sqeggs private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Watcher
@Revelations The site designer has been working on it diligently. I can't give you a specific release date, however.

Any progress?
Post 304 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sqeggs
Quote:
@Revelations The site designer has been working on it diligently. I can't give you a specific release date, however.

Any progress?

Post 305 IP   flag post

Leftover Sundae Gnus CatmanAmerica private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Any progress?

What I think needs to happen with the CBCS forums may sound like a major overhaul, but all criticism is meant constructively. My belief is that the more impressive and professional looking this site, the more folks will be drawn to using the service after checking it out.

First off, it would be advantageous for CBCS to emulate the more useful aspects of the chat boards across the street while improving in areas that are perceived as weaknesses by their forum regulars (many of whom are also regulars on this forum). This may sound like sacrilege to some, but in competing for day to day attention of active chat board users familiarity and ease of use are paramount.

At the outset, when arriving at this site there's no way to quickly direct users to new posts in their specific area of interest. While side links allow filtering, they just aren't intuitive enough. Browsers (the human variety) like quick access to unread posts in topics they're most interested in discussing. There should be a gateway to specific categories rather than a front page of intersecting posts that require ferreting out.

There should be a full screen display for image posting rather than narrow column format. It's almost a prerequisite for posting book scans on line. Just sayin'.

Another idea worth considering would be a website template that allows an option for user selected color formatting. The Steve Hoffman AV forums use such a template and it enhances the experience based on eye appeal. Also, the overlapping of page content with duplicated posts appearing on the last and next to last page is clunky.

It would be very useful for these boards to have a workable polling system that allows forum users to express their opinions through voting on favorites. One of my goals has been to conduct collector polling here similar to what a group of us did on the other boards in conjunction with Heritage awhile back, the idea being to reach a larger market while defining where collector interests are focused.

Ending on a positive note, I'd be remiss in not mentioning how enjoyable this forum is. This is a very friendly, open and inviting site with reasonable moderation and principled policies. Other collector sites could benefit from the professional attitude of CBCS.

'Nuff said.
Post 306 IP   flag post
Collector Mio private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Any progress?

Working on the same timeline as the label designer, I think.
Post 307 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR JWKyle private msg quote post Address this user
I for one think if CBCS make the forms more computer screen friendly traffic may go up. If I remember right they said at one point it's laid out this way to be phone and tablet friendly. I for one am a computer and monitor guy and this layout just really lacks for that. They should go to a high volume forum site and I won't say copy it but COPY IT.
Post 308 IP   flag post
The links don't work all that well on my Android running Firefox... especially when dealing inside the PM function or anything off the regular "board."
Post 309 IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Have you "Heard" any of us yet? How long does it take to sign up for phpbb or proboards?
Post 310 IP   flag post
Collector Jimmers private msg quote post Address this user
I found youse..
Post 311 IP   flag post
Don't go blind here, Jimmers lol
Post 312 IP   flag post
3 months since last Jennifer Connelly post
Post 313 IP   flag post
Collector zosocane private msg quote post Address this user
Traffic on the Forum has really slowed down recently.
Post 314 IP   flag post
It's not what I call a forum, it's a fancy post board.

A real forum has the ability to search and bookmark threads. It has the ability to see links to posts forum wide.

In essence it's useful. This is a chat post board to satiate people until something real comes out. Which could be never.

Heard us now?
Post 315 IP   flag post
I for one would not be opposed to CBCS hitting the reset button on the forum and starting with something different even if it meant signing up again and basically starting from scratch. Any knowledge that could be here is lost in the endless wall of new threads.
Post 316 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by zosocane
With a nice working forum I could see traffic going up.
Post 317 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
I appreciate the way that the boards are moderated. It remains calm here when other places are filled with conflict. I'll be sending in some books to be slabbed right after Christmas because of that.
Post 318 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWKyle
I for one would not be opposed to CBCS hitting the reset button on the forum and starting with something different even if it meant signing up again and basically starting from scratch. Any knowledge that could be here is lost in the endless wall of new threads.

Post 319 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
With a nice working forum I could see traffic going up.

Pretty much a guarantee. I've had people look at this site and tell me they won't bother, with a real forum, I'm sure they'd change their minds.
Post 320 IP   flag post
The traffic has really died lately. Crickets is what I hear. I miss when it was bustling with posts.
Post 321 IP   flag post
Quote:
The traffic has really died lately. Crickets is what I hear. I miss when it was bustling with posts.

Everyone that vowed to no longer use the cgc during Slabgate has scurried back over to the cgc boards since they have fixed their current holder. Of course CBCS' change to the Label of Death didn't help matters either.
Post 322 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Everyone that vowed to no longer use the cgc during Slabgate has scurried back over to the cgc boards since they have fixed their current holder. Of course CBCS' change to the Label of Death didn't help matters either.
Not everyone
Post 323 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not everyone

+1 That's a pretty inaccurate statement. You hate CGC, we get it.
Post 324 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not everyone

A lot.
Post 325 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Not everyone

A lot.

A lot is right.
Post 326 IP   flag post
Collector Gabriel85301 private msg quote post Address this user
not that my input may matter..

Should have a page/subcategory (subfolder) stictly for buy/sell/trade here, not that I do but have a specific seperate area for that.

Have a page/subcategory (subfolder) stictly for for AWS, people seeking AW's, AW's posting about signatures opportunities.
Post 327 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR shrewbeer private msg quote post Address this user
Personally I prefer the smaller simpler format.

So far the forum here seems to be lacking the know-it-all condecending types who's mission is to put others down as much as possible in order to make themselves feel better about life. Whatever you're doing, you're doing it right.
Post 328 IP   flag post
Posted on Monday, January 30, 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany M.
CGC is upgrading its Chat Boards in early February with new software that will make it easier to post, add pictures and--best of all--use the CGC Chat Boards on your smartphones!

The CGC Chat Boards upgrade will begin at 11:00am EST on Monday, February 6, and is expected to be done by 11:00am EST on Wednesday, February 8.

All posts, threads and private messages created before 11:00 EST on 2/6 will be migrated to the new CGC Chat Boards. As you might imagine, there are A LOT of posts to migrate! To ensure that everything is migrated without issue, you will NOT be able to send private messages or post in existing threads until the upgrade is done. We'll create a "temporary" section on the old chat boards where you can post while the upgrade is in progress, but these posts will NOT be migrated to the new Boards.

We recommend closing all Buy, Sell, Trade posts before 11:00am EST on Monday, February 6.

The upgraded CGC Chat Boards will be located on CGCcomics.com instead of Collectors-Society.com, and you'll now be able to login with your CGC Collectors Society account instead of your old Chat Boards account. If you don't have a free (or paid) CGC Collectors Society account, you will receive an email to activate a free CGC Collectors Society account. All of your old posts and private messages will be preserved under this new account.
Post 329 IP   flag post
Quote:
Posted on Monday, January 30, 2017.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brittany M.
CGC is upgrading its Chat Boards in early February with new software that will make it easier to post, add pictures and--best of all--use the CGC Chat Boards on your smartphones!

The CGC Chat Boards upgrade will begin at 11:00am EST on Monday, February 6, and is expected to be done by 11:00am EST on Wednesday, February 8.

All posts, threads and private messages created before 11:00 EST on 2/6 will be migrated to the new CGC Chat Boards. As you might imagine, there are A LOT of posts to migrate! To ensure that everything is migrated without issue, you will NOT be able to send private messages or post in existing threads until the upgrade is done. We'll create a "temporary" section on the old chat boards where you can post while the upgrade is in progress, but these posts will NOT be migrated to the new Boards.

We recommend closing all Buy, Sell, Trade posts before 11:00am EST on Monday, February 6.

The upgraded CGC Chat Boards will be located on CGCcomics.com instead of Collectors-Society.com, and you'll now be able to login with your CGC Collectors Society account instead of your old Chat Boards account. If you don't have a free (or paid) CGC Collectors Society account, you will receive an email to activate a free CGC Collectors Society account. All of your old posts and private messages will be preserved under this new account.

Post 330 IP   flag post
601333 405 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?