Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGuy
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerkfro
If only a few of the other "infections" that made it over here will go away. if only

Are you here to help class the joint up?

I'm getting ready to sell my collection in order to focus on original art. I have a couple hundred books I want to slab and am just looking at all of my options.

"Classing the place up" has never been something I've been overly concerned with, but I suppose there's a first time for everything.....

The standards low, so...

Well if that's the case then it might just happen. However the forum software here is pretty painful to use.
Post 226 IP   flag post
Collector The_Curmudgeon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
However the forum software here is pretty painful to use.

^^^^^
Understatement!
Post 227 IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If only a few of the other "infections" that made it over here will go away. if only

Are you here to help class the joint up?

I'm getting ready to sell my collection in order to focus on original art. I have a couple hundred books I want to slab and am just looking at all of my options.

"Classing the place up" has never been something I've been overly concerned with, but I suppose there's a first time for everything.....

The standards low, so...

Well if that's the case then it might just happen. However the forum software here is pretty painful to use.

It's a fistful.
Post 228 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
They're working on it.
Post 229 IP   flag post
Collector bighaley21 private msg quote post Address this user
Been reading over some stuff here. Definitely not as many know it all A-Holes as the CGC boards. Might be a breath of fresh air to state your opinion and not be flamed for the next 2 pages. Might stay a while..
Post 230 IP   flag post

Collector jsilverjanet private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bighaley21
Been reading over some stuff here. Definitely not as many know it all A-Holes as the CGC boards. Might be a breath of fresh air to state your opinion and not be flamed for the next 2 pages. Might stay a while..

STFU

Post 231 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsilverjanet
Quote:

STFU

Speaking of A-Holes.. lol
Post 232 IP   flag post
Collector manwithoutfear private msg quote post Address this user
I like CBCS. I'm not a fan of the layout of this forum. I'm not sure why it took 2 yrs to launch.
Post 233 IP   flag post
Collector Jerkfro private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

I can assist if you're feeling homesick
Post 234 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by manwithoutfear
I like CBCS. I'm not a fan of the layout of this forum. I'm not sure why it took 2 yrs to launch.

Well, "coming soon" can be interpreted in so many ways.
Post 235 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

I can assist if you're feeling homesick

*crosses fingers*
Post 236 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

FYI, it took CGC two years to get their chatboard up too.
Post 237 IP   flag post
Collector fantastic_four private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Somehow I managed to avoid getting flamed anywhere near that badly in fourteen years posting there. Perhaps my posts have been less flameworthy than yours?
Post 238 IP   flag post
Collector Dick_Pontoon private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic_four
Quote:

Somehow I managed to avoid getting flamed anywhere near that badly in fourteen years posting there. Perhaps my posts have been less flameworthy than yours?

I haven't been there quite as long (10 years) but my experience is the same. I never had any problems, even when my post count was minimal.
Post 239 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastic_four
Quote:

Doesn't happen at all now. But my first month there you couldn't even join a discussion without either 1. Kissing someones ass with 10000+ posts or 2. Agreeing with everything that was stated. If #2 didn't work refer back to #1. The long time members really made it tough on someone new to state their opinions.
Post 240 IP   flag post
Now all I see from new members is for sale posts. People that have been there for two days and their second post is a 3k book. Nobody seems to mind that but God forbid a noobie questions the print run on a book from 1995..
Post 241 IP   flag post
Collector Stelbert_Stylton private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Now all I see from new members is for sale posts. People that have been there for two days and their second post is a 3k book. Nobody seems to mind that but God forbid a noobie questions the print run on a book from 1995..

Here ya go

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1995.html
Post 242 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stelbert_Stylton
Quote:

Here ya go

http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales/1995.html

lol well played sir
Post 243 IP   flag post
Collector Sqeggs private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Quote:

Well, "coming soon" can be interpreted in so many ways.

So, apparently, can "November"
Post 244 IP   flag post
Collector Revelations private msg quote post Address this user
Why not use a php forum? Even the free versions have a better layout. https://www.phpbb.com/
Post 245 IP   flag post
Collector Comicdey private msg quote post Address this user
I love the format as it doesn't suck my life away like other comics forums. No reason to hang out here for lengths of time, but if I want to read something I can always stop in.
Post 246 IP   flag post
Collector Comicdey private msg quote post Address this user
Mild sarcasm but truth is.....somewhere in between.
Post 247 IP   flag post
Collector comicopolis private msg quote post Address this user
It's like being back on My Space.
Post 248 IP   flag post
Collector PovRow private msg quote post Address this user
Or a BBS.
Post 249 IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Who wants to bring back ICQ?
Post 250 IP   flag post
Collector retrocomics private msg quote post Address this user
This forum definitely takes some getting use to. Kinda janky but I'll get the hang of it one day. Lots of familiar faces.
Post 251 IP   flag post
I gotta believe that there are more traditional software options that are also more mobile device friendly while still being PC/Laptop friendly but who knows, maybe not.
Post 252 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR DarthLego private msg quote post Address this user
I've been trying to figure out if there's a way to make the threads load the first page instead of the last page.
Post 253 IP   flag post
Collector MetalPSI private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthLego
I've been trying to figure out if there's a way to make the threads load the first page instead of the last page.

Click on the thread title on the left instead of the time the last post was made on the right
Post 254 IP   flag post
Collector MR_SigS private msg quote post Address this user
It would be great if we could upload images to our gallery into albums. I have hundreds of signatures that take up space on my profile page, and would like to keep them separate from comic cover scans because as I scan and add more sigs, they get mixed with each other.

I just want to keep things orderly if possible.
Post 255 IP   flag post
600882 405 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?