Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeFor Sale

Vacation fuel fund sale!! Offers welcome, yes to combined shipping!!!17496

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Spider-Man: Maximum Clonage Alpha #1. With an acetate cover, this comic features appearances by Jackal and Spidercide...cameo appearance by Punisher. I have two graded copies of this comic.

CGC 8.5, White Pages.

So, these comics were part of my initial trial run back in 2017. I was unaware of cleaning and pressing, and I didn't know that acetate covers can have issues INSIDE them. The first slab listed below (cert #1270289002) has a 'stain left bottom corner of back cover' and 'stain right bottom corner of back cover'...per the graders notes. I didn't see these stains then, I don't see them now.

The second slab (cert #2041421021) has 'stains under acetate back cover' per the grades notes. Again, didn't see them then, don't see them now.

Both slabs show some very light cosmetic scratches and/or scuffs, while the first slab pictured below has a few small Newton Rings inside the front.

There are actual sales values on GPA for an 8.5 graded copy...surprisingly. BUT, if a buyer purchases an item in this thread at full price (no offers), I will include one slab for free (one per transaction). Just mention this if interested so that I don't forget.

$35 shipped (each slab)

Post 151 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Harley Quinn's Villain of the Year #1, Comics Elite/Nathan Szerdy 'Bad Girl' virgin cover C. This variant comes with a COA stating it is #185 out of 250 limited copies.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. Yes, there are Newton Rings in both sides.

$125 shipped

Post 152 IP   flag post
Harley Quinn & Poison Ivy #1, Comics Elite/Dawn McTeigue cover A. This variant is limited to 3000 copies. I have two slabbed copies.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There aren't any Newton Rings that I can see, only a couple of very light cosmetic scratches. Both copies look great.

$55 shipped (each slab)

Post 153 IP   flag post
Harley Quinn & Poison Ivey #1, Comics Elite/Dawn McTeigue 'sketch' cover B. This variant is limited to 1500 copies.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are Newton Rings inside the front and back.

$70 shipped

Post 154 IP   flag post
Okay, I'm going to list the rest of my Venom slabs before the long holiday. Everyone enjoy the Memorial Day weekend!!!

Post 155 IP   flag post

Venom #1 (LGY #166), Joe Quinones 'virgin' cover B.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are Newton Rings, as well as some light cosmetic scuffs and scratches.

$80 shipped

Post 156 IP   flag post
Venom #155, Francesco Mattina lenticular variant. The cover is an homage to Amazing Spider-Man #546.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are a few small Newton Rings inside the front and back, as well as light cosmetic scratches on the case.

$50 shipped

Post 157 IP   flag post
Venom #155, Francesco Mattina lenticular variant. The cover is an homage to Amazing Spider-Man #546.

CGC 9.9, White Pages. Inside the case are a some Newton Rings spots, light scuffs in the inner well, and light cosmetic scratches on both sides.

$200 shipped (or best offer)

Post 158 IP   flag post
Venom #2, (LGY #167), Sam Keith 1:25 incentive variant.

CGC 9.6, White Pages. There are Newton Rings inside the front and back.

$45 shipped

Post 159 IP   flag post
Venom #19 (LGY #184), Comics Elite/Unknown Comics variant. This virgin 'Amazing Mary Jane' cover was done by Jeehyung Lee.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are some light cosmetic scratches on both sides.

$85 shipped

Post 160 IP   flag post
Venom #25 (Legacy #190), The Comic Mint/Shannon Maer cover A. This variant is limited to 3000 copies.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. This is a pretty clean slab, except for a few very light cosmetic scuffs and scratches.

$50 shipped

Post 161 IP   flag post
Venom #25 (Legacy #190), The Comic Mint/Shannon Maer cover B. This 'virgin' variant comes with a COA stating it is #213 out of 600 limited copies.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. Another clean slab, with just a few very light cosmetic scratches and scuffs.

$90 shipped

Post 162 IP   flag post
Web of Venom: Cult of Carnage #1, Comics Elite/Unknown Comics exclusive. This 'virgin' variant was done by Josh Casara and it's limited to 3000 copies.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. Pretty nice slab with just a couple of small, very light cosmetic scratches.

$60 shipped

Post 163 IP   flag post
Web of Venom: Cult of Carnage #1, Comics Elite/Unknown Comics exclusive. This variant was done by Salvador Larroca and is limited to 3000 copies.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. Another very clean slab, with just a couple small, very light cosmetic scratches.

$80 shipped

Post 164 IP   flag post
That's all I have for Venom related slabs, and that's all for now.

Please remember all of those who have fought, and died, for this country. It's not just a three-day weekend.

Stay safe!!!

Post 165 IP   flag post
I hope everyone had a great holiday weekend, and that folks remembered the reason for that holiday!!!

Too many people out in my area trying get on the water at one of our biggest reservoirs, all with funky weather around all weekend...a lot of whom just see the holiday as an excuse to party and relax. I find issue with that, but that's me. To each their own....

Memorial Day found the reservoir claiming another victim (or two) during high winds...a party boat of 13 people (and kids) overturned. No kids were lost, but one adult died and another is missing. That is NOT what Memorial Day should be about...irony at it's worst.

I hope everyone stays safe and sound. Summer has started...let's keep our heads on a swivel and watch everyone's six.

Peace!!!
Post 166 IP   flag post
Symbiote Spider-Man #1, Humberto Ramos Fan Expo/Dallas variant.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are a few light cosmetic scuffs and scratches on this one.

$45 shipped

Post 167 IP   flag post
Symbiote Spider-Man: Alien Reality #5, Comics Elite/Greg Land 'virgin' cover. This variant is limited to 3000 copies.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. This is a pretty clean copy, except for a few very light cosmetic scratches. However, inside the back inner well, near the left page edge below center, is a very small piece of paper (I believe) that somehow made it's way in there. It looks harmless, but it is noticeable.

$70 shipped

Post 168 IP   flag post
Uncanny X-Men #22 (LGY #644), Comics Elite Unknown Comics 'carnage-ized' exclusive. This 'virgin' variant was done by Jay Anacleto.

CGC 9.6, White Pages. This is a very clean slab, with maybe one or two very light cosmetic scratches.

$45 shipped

Post 169 IP   flag post
Vampirella #2 (volume 5, 2019), Frankie's Comics/Jeehyung Lee cover A. This variant is limited to 1000 copies.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. This is a pretty decent slab, except for a few very light cosmetic scratches/scuffs.

$60 shipped

Post 170 IP   flag post
Vampirella #2 (volume 5, 2019), Frankie's Comics/Jeehyung Lee 'virgin' cover B. This variant is limited to 600 copies.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. I don't know what CGC did with this one, but there are a lot of scuffs inside both sides of the inner well.

$75 shipped

Post 171 IP   flag post
These next two listings are for variants that more or less tanked in 2019/2020. There isn't any GPA sales numbers since Januar and December 2020. I'm losing my ass on these slabs, but my loss is your gain.
Post 172 IP   flag post
War of the Realms #1, Frankie's Comics/Golden Apple exclusive. This variant cover was done by Clayton Crain, and is limited to 3000 copies.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are Newton Rings inside the front and back, in the middle.

$50 shipped

Post 173 IP   flag post
War of the Realms #1, Frankie's Comics/Golden Apple exclusive. This 'virgin' variant cover was done by Clayton Crain, and is limited to 1000 copies.

CGC 9.6, White Pages. There are Newton Rings inside the front and back, in the middle.

I almost forgot the price!!!

$50 shipped

Post 174 IP   flag post
War of the Realms #1, Joe Quesada 1:50 incentive variant.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are small Newton Rings inside the front and back, as well as a few small scuffs in the inner well.

$50 shipped

Post 175 IP   flag post
War of the Realms #1, Walt Simonson 1:500 sketch cover. This variant is a 'Hidden Gem' wrap-around cover.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. Damn Newton Rings again...more prevalent inside the front.

$225 shipped (or best offer)

Post 176 IP   flag post
War of the Realms #1, Sana Takeda 1:50 'Thor' incentive variant.

CGC 9.6, White Pages. Smaller amount of Newton Rings inside this one.

$35 shipped

Post 177 IP   flag post
These next two listings are a bit of a disappointment. As 2nd printings, they've had reasonable value as 9.8's since their release, but I opted not to have them pressed. I don't know if they would benefit from a pressing, but you never know. Again, my loss is your gain.
Post 178 IP   flag post
War of the Realms: The New Agents of Atlas #1, The Comic Mint exclusive cover A. This 2nd print variant was done by Jeehyung Lee and Luna Snow.

CGC 9.6, White Pages. The center of both sides shows Newton Rings.

$55 shipped

Post 179 IP   flag post
War of the Realms: The New Agents of Atlas #1, The Comic Mint exclusive cover B. This 2nd print 'virgin' variant was done by Jeehyung Lee and Luna Snow. It comes with a COA stating it is #113 out of 600 limited copies.

CGC 9.6, White Pages. The center of both sides shows Newton Rings. There are also a few light cosmetic scuffs and scratches.

$65 shipped

Post 180 IP   flag post
598019 236 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.