Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Modern AgeFor Sale

Vacation fuel fund sale!! Offers welcome, yes to combined shipping!!!17496

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Spider-Man #7 (2016 series), Declan Shalvey 'Black Panther' variant. This copy is signed by Declan Shalvey and Jordie Bellaire.

CGC SS 9.8, White Pages. There are some light Newton Rings inside the front and back.

$65 shipped

Post 51 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
That's it for now. Let's see how the next few days go. Have a great Mother's Day weekend, everyone!!!
Post 52 IP   flag post
Collector Noblebeast315 private msg quote post Address this user
@Galen130 You should re-title this thread the newton ring sale. 😂
Post 53 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noblebeast315

Post 54 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
Quote:

I kid. It obviously didn’t bother me as I grabbed a slab that I am stoked to purchase from you. The prices on all the slabs are very fair so I think you are posting great books. I just see that the newton rings come up a lot. It really was never a factor in my decision to purchase.
Post 55 IP   flag post

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I kid. It obviously didn’t bother me as I grabbed a slab that I am stoked to purchase from you. The prices on all the slabs are very fair so I think you are posting great books. I just see that the newton rings come up a lot. It really was never a factor in my decision to purchase.

Oh, I know it’s in jest…it is upsetting that so many slabs have them though. I won’t pay CGC to reholder some of them either…they might make things worse. 😡😡

Even if they are considered ‘normal’ they can be very unsightly. 😫😫😫
Post 56 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Oh, I know it’s in jest…it is upsetting that so many slabs have them though. I won’t pay CGC to reholder some of them either…they might make things worse. 😡😡

Even if they are considered ‘normal’ they can be very unsightly. 😫😫😫

I think I would probably be frustrated to if I had sent the books in and had them come back with very noticeable newton rings as well. I have never sent any books in to be graded by CGC, so I guess I haven’t been in that spot before. Now I am sure I own a slab or two that was graded by CGC that have newton rings but I just accepted it and was happy I had the book. Unless the newton rings were so bad that they obscured the art in a major way it wouldn’t dissuade me from purchasing a book I wanted if the price was good. I think scratch lines on the interior of the slab bother me more. I don’t know why, but maybe it is because they are so noticeable and should have never been used for encapsulation in the first place. I have had that from CBCS before and it erked me but not enough to complain. It wouldn’t have helped anyway because you can’t get hold of anyone in customer service. 🤣
Post 57 IP   flag post
Quote:

I think I would probably be frustrated to if I had sent the books in and had them come back with very noticeable newton rings as well. I have never sent any books in to be graded by CGC, so I guess I haven’t been in that spot before. Now I am sure I own a slab or two that was graded by CGC that have newton rings but I just accepted it and was happy I had the book. Unless the newton rings were so bad that they obscured the art in a major way it wouldn’t dissuade me from purchasing a book I wanted if the price was good. I think scratch lines on the interior of the slab bother me more. I don’t know why, but maybe it is because they are so noticeable and should have never been used for encapsulation in the first place. I have had that from CBCS before and it erked me but not enough to complain. It wouldn’t have helped anyway because you can’t get hold of anyone in customer service. 🤣

I’ve only ever returned slabs once…last Fall. My last submission, over a year ago now, was 20 Moderns…including a few listed here now. I had to return all 20 for pressure fractures on the sides. I was so pissed, I about bit my tongue. They all came back repaired, but one was returned with a finger bend, but with the original 9.8 grade. I decided NOT to have stuff graded anymore as of last April, but when I received those 20…I knew I was done for good. 😕😕😕
Post 58 IP   flag post
@Galen130 Wow what a mess. The books you have posted here all look good to me newton rings and all so I wouldn’t sweat it. I think these prices are very fair so any perspective buyer would be short sighted for complaining about that odd encapsulation defect. I would be interested in other books myself but I am unable to commit at this time. The books you have posted are awesome though. I think this forum board prefers older books though. I myself have not made many sales in moderns.
Post 59 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Galen130 Wow what a mess. The books you have posted here all look good to me newton rings and all so I wouldn’t sweat it. I think these prices are very fair so any perspective buyer would be short sighted for complaining about that odd encapsulation defect. I would be interested in other books myself but I am unable to commit at this time. The books you have posted are awesome though. I think this forum board prefers older books though. I myself have not made many sales in moderns.

Yeah, I can usually sell some older age raws, but any slabs I keep for myself. 🤣🤣

Now, if I can just sell some more Moderns, I can buy more GA bondage slabs. 🤣🤣🤣
Post 60 IP   flag post
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I can usually sell some older age raws, but any slabs I keep for myself. 🤣🤣

Now, if I can just sell some more Moderns, I can buy more GA bondage slabs. 🤣🤣🤣

I wholeheartedly support your endeavor. I wish I could grab some pre code awesomeness, but I am not in that situation, but hopefully one day. You better post some pics when you get those new books in though!
Post 61 IP   flag post
No more Signature Series slabs, folks. I’m keeping the rest. 🤣😃👍
Post 62 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
Claimed per DM, thanks again @Galen130!

Quote:
Spawn #285, MegaCon 'virgin' exclusive. This Mattina cover is signed by Todd McFarlane and Francesco Mattina, along with 'Live Rock'. This variant is limited to 666 copies.

CGS SS 9.8, White Pages. Yup, light Newton Rings and cosmetic scratches... both sides.

$200 shipped (or best offer)
Post 63 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by xvipah
Claimed per DM, thanks again @Galen130!

Quote:
Spawn #285, MegaCon 'virgin' exclusive. This Mattina cover is signed by Todd McFarlane and Francesco Mattina, along with 'Live Rock'. This variant is limited to 666 copies.

CGS SS 9.8, White Pages. Yup, light Newton Rings and cosmetic scratches... both sides.

$200 shipped (or best offer)

My pleasure!! Thanks, my friend!!!
Post 64 IP   flag post
As I stated at the beginning of the thread, if a slab sold, I would post another (as long as I wasn't away from home). So, here ya go....

Batman Who Laughs #1, Scorpion Comics/Clayton Crain 'virgin' cover C.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. Guess what??? NO NEWTON RINGS!!! However, there are a few cosmetic scratches/scuffs on either side of the slab.

$80 shipped

Post 65 IP   flag post
@Galen130 Thanks for sending the book I purchased over so fast! Slab was in great shape and packed well for shipping. It was a great deal with shipping included so I appreciate the sales thread!
Post 66 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@Galen130 My book came safe and sound and as described. Thanks!
Post 67 IP   flag post
Quote:
@Galen130 Thanks for sending the book I purchased over so fast! Slab was in great shape and packed well for shipping. It was a great deal with shipping included so I appreciate the sales thread!

Thank you, my friend!!! A real pleasure, as always!!!
Post 68 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGreensnips
@Galen130 My book came safe and sound and as described. Thanks!

Thank you, Brian!!! Glad to hear it!!! It's been a pleasure!!!
Post 69 IP   flag post
So, my wife has been dealing with allergies that led to a nasty sinus infection. I pretty much took over the household this weekend so that she can rest. She works too hard, even when under the weather...burning the candle at both ends. Her Mother's Day gift from me is for her to do as little as possible...yesterday, and today. Hell, she can't hardly walk around without getting dizzy. Nasty, nasty sinus infection.

She's resting now, getting some much needed sleep, while I take care of six pets and clean house. So, while I'm waiting for the laundry, I'm going to list a few more slabs today. Happy Mother's Day to all your mom's out there in comic world!!!
Post 70 IP   flag post
X-Men #10 (2019 series), Comics Elite/Ryan Brown 'Marvel Zombies' virgin variant.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are no Newton Rings that I could see, but there are a few cosmetic scratches on both sides of the slab.

$55 shipped

Post 71 IP   flag post
X-Men #12 (2019 series), The Comic Mint/Peach Momoko ‘Thank You Unity’ variant cover A. This cover was done in ‘Chibi’ style artwork.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are a few small, mild Newton 'spots' inside the front.

$65 shipped

Post 72 IP   flag post
X-Men #12 (2019 series), The Comic Mint/Peach Momoko ‘Thank You Unity’ virgin cover B. This cover was done in ‘Chibi’ style artwork.

CGC 9.8, White pages. I couldn't see any Newton Rings in this one.

$75 shipped

Post 73 IP   flag post
X of Swords: Creation #1 (2021), The Comic Mint/Peach Momoko ‘Magik’ cover A.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are plenty of Newton Rings inside this slab, mostly in the front. The back side shows a few light scratches.

$50 shipped

Post 74 IP   flag post
X of Swords: Creation #1 (2021), The Comic Mint/Peach Momoko ‘Magik’ virgin cover B.

CGC 9.8, White Pages. There are Newton Rings inside this slab as well, mostly in the front.

$75 shipped

Post 75 IP   flag post
Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur #25 (2016), lenticular cover. This 3-D cover is an homage to Fantastic Four #49.

CGC 9.9, White Pages. There are some mild Newton Rings in both sides.

$185 shipped (or best offer)

Post 76 IP   flag post
New Gods #1 (1989 series).

CGC 9.6, White Pages. Both sides have a couple of small Newton Rings, while the back side shows some light cosmetic scratches.

$65 shipped

Post 77 IP   flag post
Cable #150 (2017), Rob Liefeld lenticular cover. This 3-D cover is an homage to New Mutants #87, while containing a brief history of Cable.

CGC 9.9, White Pages. Inside the front are Newton 'streaks' along the spine of the front cover. Both sides show some mild scratches.

$185 shipped (or best offer)

Post 78 IP   flag post
What’s up with all the 9.9’s!? Who cares about a newton ring when you can grab a 9.9 at 9.8 market value!
Post 79 IP   flag post
Quote:
What’s up with all the 9.9’s!? Who cares about a newton ring when you can grab a 9.9 at 9.8 market value!

Right???!!! 🤣🤣🤣
Post 80 IP   flag post
597964 236 30
Thread locked. No more posts permitted. Return home.