Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Can the vet not recommend a pet dosage over the counter allergy med such as Benadryl?

You would think, but I talked to a front desk girl hours ago who said she’d have someone from the vet team call me back. That didn’t happen. So I put kitter into the bathroom after running a hot shower. We hung out together in the ‘sauna’ for a bit. It seemed to help some. She didn’t freak out this time. 🤣🤣

Our vet has incompetent people working there I guess. My wife usually deals with them because she knows I have no patience with incompetence. She’ll be home tomorrow.

@HeinzDad It is all about the money these days. Our vet raised prices the past few years because there are too many irresponsible pet owners these days. Decent pet parents like us are getting shafted. 🤨🤨
Post 551 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
@HeinzDad It is all about the money these days.

It's the same with dentists I've visited lately. The 1st one said I had 11 cavities, the 2nd one said I had one. Always get a 2nd opinion and even a 3rd if necessary.
Post 552 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galen130
@HeinzDad It is all about the money these days.

It's the same with dentists I've visited lately. The 1st one said I had 11 cavities, the 2nd one said I had one. Always get a 2nd opinion and even a 3rd if necessary.
I'm lucky on that front. I'd kiss my dentist's ass if he asked me.
Post 553 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
How does a dentist mis diagnose 10 cavities?
Post 554 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@flanders @HeinzDad @Bronte
As a retired dental assistant, I can go into it a bit on the dentistry. Without getting a look at x-rays, of course, there's no telling, but some dentists who are keen on replacing any amalgam restorations (metal fillings) a patient may have, will sometimes count every stain around the margin of the amalgam and call it decay (a 'cavity') so that the patient will agree to replace the amalgam with a non-metal filling material. The problem with making a judgment on whether the dentist is competent or not - or just greedy - is that there's no guarantee that the dentist isn't correct. Because it's impossible to get proper x-rays all the way around the amalgam (amalgam is radiopaque - shows up as white), it's not outside the realm of possibility that stains around the margin of the filling might really indicate decay. It's a tough situation with no easy answer, unfortunately.
Post 555 IP   flag post

I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Here’s an update: I took her back into a steaming bathroom and we hung out a bit. I’m sure I burned off some calories. 🤣🤣

Here she is, stretched out in the kitchen floor later, wanting some pets from her dad with his big hands. She’s a small cat, and she loves it. This means she’s feeling a bit better. 👍👍

Post 556 IP   flag post
Collector Frontier2Xterra private msg quote post Address this user
Deer antler is nom.

Post 557 IP   flag post
Here’s an update: Ms. Felix is doing better. Still sneezing and sniffling, but not as bad, and definitely more animated and attention-seeking. The humidifier and steamy bathroom visits are helping. Never got a call back from the vet, so we are taking care of her ourselves. 👍👍👍

Post 558 IP   flag post
Pets and hijinx at work.

Post 559 IP   flag post
Collector RexMuff private msg quote post Address this user
Napping…

Then she noticed I was takin a picture and threw on a cheesy smile
Post 560 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@RexMuff same

Post 561 IP   flag post
Collector starlord private msg quote post Address this user

I love my potatoes!
Post 562 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user

Post 563 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 564 IP   flag post
That black and tan cat reminds me if one I caught in my chicken coop one time. I trapped it and relocated it.
Post 565 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
You have a chicken coop? You ready to retire off egg business or what?
Post 566 IP   flag post
Collector Helric1 private msg quote post Address this user
Was out of town for 10 days. First time leaving these 2 alone. My friend that was feeding them never saw Natasha once so I was a little worried but I guess they're ok. I think they might even get along better now

Post 567 IP   flag post
Old dog and ancient cat.

Post 568 IP   flag post
Also missing an old friend. Went on so many off-road and camping trips with me. Screw cancer.

Post 569 IP   flag post

Post 570 IP   flag post
Heinz is 5.

Post 571 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Happy Birthday Heinz!!!
Post 572 IP   flag post
Good thing this fool doesn’t have a brain or it would be froze.

Post 573 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Happy 5th bday Heinz!
Post 574 IP   flag post
"Forum Overlord" bah ha ha ha... JustThatGuy private msg quote post Address this user
My boy today. His eyes were closed the entire time. Maybe he was just enjoying the moment

Post 575 IP   flag post

Ancient tabby passing out on me while watching Star Trek.
Post 576 IP   flag post
Meanwhile, Richard’s chillin in his new tank……..

Post 577 IP   flag post
Old Man Tigger curled up after eating Chicken Baby food. He doesn’t have many teeth left, poor guy.

Post 578 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
My buddy at work. The story is that she showed up around a year ago and just assumed the role of yard/guard dog. The vehicle break-ins stopped after she showed up. Probably abandoned and mistreated. She's well-loved at work. They set up a nice doghouse for her but she stays there outside alone (behind a gate) at nights and on weekends. She sure is happy to see the first car arrive each morning. Breaks my heart to think about her during the thunderstorms.

Post 579 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user

Post 580 IP   flag post
601206 999 30