Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeGrading Help Needed

Spare a Grade for ASM 19417205

Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnight
which I figured I can have fixed and re-submit for a 0.2-0.4 grade bump.

Keep in mind there's no guarantee you'll get a bump, even if it looks better.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Cnight private msg quote post Address this user
@Siggy oh 100%; just probably take the shot at it for kicks and giggles. I’m going to be submitting some comics for pressing and cleaning anyway to Joey or Avery, so I may as well spend the extra few bucks and see if I can squeeze out anything.

Thanks for the warning though; I appreciate you making sure the noob knows the risk.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cnight
@Siggy oh 100%; just probably take the shot at it for kicks and giggles. I’m going to be submitting some comics for pressing and cleaning anyway to Joey or Avery, so I may as well spend the extra few bucks and see if I can squeeze out anything.

Thanks for the warning though; I appreciate you making sure the noob knows the risk.

I'd recommend Joey over Avery for pressing, FYI.

Good call on the return, that seller deserves it.

Just looked up those 2 auctions and the prices realized there are straight up criminal.

Both look to be around 6.0's.

High feedback sellers who sell in auction format tend to get well above FMV for slabbed copies on hot keys, up to a certain dollar point.

Can you post a link to the raw that sold for 1K?

I searched ebay under sold auctions and only see slabs sold in the $900-$1200 price range, 9.4 seems to be good for about $1100 in auction.
Post 28 IP   flag post
@ComicHoarder damn; I just deleted it from my favorites but I should be able to dig it up from my bid history!

I was going for that >$1k raw one, but it was half of that before the last 2 minutes. I learned my lesson with no pain though; thank God I didn’t have to just eat this one.

Spoke with Josh today; he seems super solid, but I would totally love to be able to take advantage of Joey’s skills. Is Joey that amazing???? I’m beginning to think the man is a god amongst men with the miracles I’ve seen him work through other’s pictures.
Post 29 IP   flag post
@ComicHoarder found it

https://www.ebay.com/itm/125209041168?ntype=bns&mkevt=1&mkpid=0&emsid=e11002.m43.l2649&mkcid=7&ch=osgood&euid=eaa8a0388f774eeebcf68eea9ca49202&bu=44581708852&exe=0&ext=0&osub=-1%7E1&crd=20220324200125&segname=11002&sojTags=ch%3Dch%2Cbu%3Dbu%2Cnqt%3Dnqt%2Cnqc%3Dnqc%2Cmdbreftime%3Dmdbreftime%2Ces%3Des%2Cec%3Dec%2Ceprlogid%3Deprlogid%2Cexe%3Dexe%2Cext%3Dext%2Cexe%3Dexe%2Cext%3Dext%2Cosub%3Dosub%2Ccrd%3Dcrd%2Csegname%3Dsegname%2Cchnl%3Dmkcid
Post 30 IP   flag post

@ComicHoarder what’s the best way to reach Joey? I sent him an email, but I know he is crazy busy.

Am I better off PMing him through his CBCS or CGC forum profiles?
Post 31 IP   flag post
601380 31 6
This topic is archived. Start new topic?