Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector PolarisNuclearSS2020 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
A little reading would show that this is every submitter case right now. This case is special enough to warrant a monetary change? Everyone else’s order would be as well.

Zimmyzum, what do you say to the people waiting on books from that time still? They weren’t quoted a 10 month tat. You jumped the line and aren’t happy, what about those you passed by?

I get what you're saying, but I would think 6 months for a 2-day modern is really, really bad.

I've had books in since first week of July. 17 weeks was the stated TAT. 36 weeks later they hit "grading". At least according to my dashboard. Some are, of course, long past their "hot" sales opportunities and I don't expect them back before summer but I'm not mad because I paid $14.40/book with their July 4th sale and I understand stated TATs don't mean a damned thing.

My first 2-day submission took 8 days from drop off at post office to the day I received them back. My second took 10. But if I paid extra for 2-day and it took 6 months, I'd be leaving too.

And this "jump the line" stuff I see here sometimes has got to go. He fairly paid more for faster service and has no need to feel bad for those who didn't.

We all know CS here is pretty horrible. Old news. And I'm here despite that because I place more value on the CBCS end product (thanks Steve) than I do CGC's. But if CBCS stepped into this thread and offered to make things right with him, I think that would go a long way.

Assuming his story is true in the first place.

Doesn't add up to me.

A 2 day modern and a quickstream are 2-4 week TAT books.

Not 6 months.

And if they somehow did take 6 months, I find it very hard to believe that CBCS would effectively tell a customer to kick rocks, when asked to be refunded what amounts to overcharges.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC
Maybe the problem is you because I loved this hobby before 3rd party graders and guess what? I still love this hobby now.

I am so much more deeply involved in this hobby now than I ever would have been without 3rd party grading. I think many of us, if we think about it, have 5x-10x money into this hobby vs. where we would be without 3PG. The idea of being able to sell quickly, globally, without subjective grading concerns is very inspiring.
Post 52 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by figment
Going back to CGC because of "turn time" and "customer service" is to pretend that they're just as important as "grading standards", "price", "strength and aesthetic of encapsulation", and "error rate/quality control in general", which to me they're not.

Providing good Customer Service is possibly the most important aspect of maintaining a successful business model. It can make or break a brand.

Nobody has perfect CS, but a bad reputation and/or consistently-poor experiences can hurt you more than the quality of your goods/services.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Feel free to use my post as a checklist. multi007 private msg quote post Address this user
so i guess bottom line is - dont submit books for grading if you were just diagnosed with a terminal disease.
Post 54 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Im in the middle and I've been clear with previous posts.
I grade purely for money; not for love of comics. Love of comics went out the door a long time ago when marvel and dc stories became a soap opera and with the advent of amalgam, distorted, b.s. new characters. I won't even go into the dismay of "it's all about the cover" (sigh).
I saw the exponential returns with simply putting a book in plastic with a number and I ran with it. In a private moment, I support it for bronze, silver, gold; but feel its a ponzi scheme for moderns. I have no love for graded comics. It's just a means to end.
Post 55 IP   flag post

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by multi007
so i guess bottom line is - dont submit books for grading if you were just diagnosed with a terminal disease.
Yup, I have two of my cousins books on this behalf. You’re hella cute!
Post 56 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
I like the look of comics without the grading frames/slabbed more than with the frames. I also like the ability to hold and handle a piece of history and can do so with less risk with encapsulated books than otherwise.

I use reprint books at $5 to enjoy the stories.

I am a collector/investor.

For cars I enjoy driving my cars but also take care of them. There is joy in the ownership experience, the history, etc. If it was only about the driving I’d stick with a Cayman, Boxster or <gasp!> Miata (can’t fit in a Miata).

If it was only about the art and stories I would only own reprints or collected works.

Slabs give us options. Have they driven prices up? Yes, they have. They have enabled more collectibility. Better long-run preservation too. Have they created distortions? Sure, but anyone playing the game is an enabler and owns their own pain. 9.8 vs 9.6, other ways to “slice” scarcity to absurdities… collectors do this on their own too (90s cover variants, newstands, price variants…)

Personal responsibility for actions is all that’s necessary to avoid most of the negatives…
Post 57 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktocktyler
Why you all put yourselves through this is beyond me. At this point, I'd be afraid of having my books stolen by the companies that are supposed to be grading them. Look around at the world now.

Learn to spot resto, count pages and grade your books fairly. Put them in top loaders and tell the companies that YOU helped build to go f&ck themselves. They think they have you buyers and sellers over barrel but it only SEEMS that way. Take back this hobby. You don't actually NEED CGC or CBCS.

I don't- I've submitted 7 books out of 15,000+/-
But if I start selling, I might, unless things keep getting worse.
Post 58 IP   flag post
597903 58 8
This topic is archived. Start new topic?