Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector zim0zum private msg quote post Address this user
I can't seem to figure out how to delete this post, therefore I'm just going to edit it. It was my mistake. I didn't realize that I sent the order in on the same order form as my non-expedited order. No one explained it to me until now. I apologize for trashing CBCS.

- Mike
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Cowabunga_Kyle private msg quote post Address this user
Nice first post. Gold star! ⭐
Post 2 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
You got your books back a year sooner than non expedited tiers? I’m sorry.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user

Post 4 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Customer service may be lacking st CBCS, but to think CGC is perfect is wrong. It took 6 emails on the same topic before they addressed my issue and they didn't even have the courtesy to let me know. I just saw a reverse on charges on my credit card.

So yeah, CGC is the greatest after 6 tries?
Post 5 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
cbcs' biggest issue is very bad costumer support.....long wait times. yeah it sucks what happened but look at the alternative...CGC is a company that "super long wait, wasted money...no contact"....is the least you have to worry about....seems their slabs are made of cheap plastic

id argue with them more. heck...take them to small claims....though cost to do so would cost more then refund...they promised a service....it didnt happen....an refuse to refund the extra money you paid
Post 6 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
You got your books back a year sooner than non expedited tiers? I’m sorry.

The problem is, I paid for an expedited service, and received them in the same package as my expedited comics. I understand that it takes a while sometimes because they are backed up, but do not offer an expedited service if you can't follow through.
Post 7 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Did you separate the tiers in different invoices? If you didn't that's your fault for not reading the terms
Post 8 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronte
Customer service may be lacking st CBCS, but to think CGC is perfect is wrong. It took 6 emails on the same topic before they addressed my issue and they didn't even have the courtesy to let me know. I just saw a reverse on charges on my credit card.

So yeah, CGC is the greatest after 6 tries?

I never thought CGC was perfect. I left CGC when CBCS opened and thought they were the greatest. It was disappointing with the fact that I was pretty much told to go scratch, after being charged full price for an expedited service, but received non expedited instead for the same price. That is a bit a of a scam if you ask me. I understand they are backed up. I have no problem with that, but if you cant follow through with the request, bump it down to a cheaper one. Again, I'm not asking for anything for free. I just want to pay for what I got. That's all.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowabunga_Kyle
Nice first post. Gold star! ⭐

Thanks.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by zim0zum
CGC because they are a better company, and they treat their customers fairly.

I wouldn't go that far. TAT for CGC currently is a year and a half. For me, they've also misplaced my TMNT #1 and after 6 phone calls, I just get the same answers. "I've sent an email to the warehouse and it's in their queue." and "I'll call you back when we hear something". Or, "We're sorry, we've been really busy and overwhelmed." I thought that the increased costs that they now charge were to fix the problems of staff shortages and to get larger facilities to handle the surge of business. Something has to change industry-wide. This is unacceptable to collectors and it will reach a boiling point. I also think that there is enough business out there for another major grading company to move in and get a piece of the action. The problem with that is earning the trust of customers and the ability to put out a product that meets our concerns and holds up to the scrutiny of the collectors.
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@zim0zum were your two tiers on the same invoice? How many submission numbers, 1 or 2 ?
Post 12 IP   flag post
I blame the forum gremlins. figment private msg quote post Address this user
Going back to CGC because of "turn time" and "customer service" is to pretend that they're just as important as "grading standards", "price", "strength and aesthetic of encapsulation", and "error rate/quality control in general", which to me they're not.

We all put those aspects into consideration when we choose which company to use, it's why many of us remain here despite issues and experiences like those you document, which occur at both companies.

I'd say welcome to the frustrated newcomers club, but frankly I've become mostly numb to it as one of those unpleasant facts of life.
Post 13 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
It got to the point where some of the employees even recognized my name because I was sending in so many comics at one point.

How do you know this ?
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector ticktocktyler private msg quote post Address this user
Why you all put yourselves through this is beyond me. At this point, I'd be afraid of having my books stolen by the companies that are supposed to be grading them. Look around at the world now.

Learn to spot resto, count pages and grade your books fairly. Put them in top loaders and tell the companies that YOU helped build to go f&ck themselves. They think they have you buyers and sellers over barrel but it only SEEMS that way. Take back this hobby. You don't actually NEED CGC or CBCS.
Post 15 IP   flag post
You need them if you want top dollar for your books. To think otherwise is foolhardy
Post 16 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
A little reading would show that this is every submitter case right now. This case is special enough to warrant a monetary change? Everyone else’s order would be as well.

Zimmyzum, what do you say to the people waiting on books from that time still? They weren’t quoted a 10 month tat. You jumped the line and aren’t happy, what about those you passed by?
Post 17 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:
It got to the point where some of the employees even recognized my name because I was sending in so many comics at one point.

How do you know this ?
I would guess it’s from the amount of calls and emails.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector Batworldfan private msg quote post Address this user
Reading so many of these various stories of frustrating customer experiences, does make it hard to keep sending comics in, to get graded at this point. I've been hoping CBCS would raise their game, and be the serious competition CGC (and comic collectors) really need! Comic fans should appreciate the good things they do offer, but continue to ask for a better customer service as well (I'd like to see a better looking label also).
I do wonder if another new company, offering a more advanced case and website (can you imagine, being able to see photos of all the inside pages, for example) is the answer, to the dysfunction we have with both CGC and CBCS. Hopefully it will all work out well.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
We all get a little bent when one person comes on the forum and presents the frustrations that we've all been dealing with as if those frustrations are unique to them. Expecting the collective forum of us to go "yeah, you deserve a refund while the rest of us eat shit".
But on a larger scale, I think CBCS is missing a hell of an opportunity here to make Lemonade out of lemons. CBCS should have a plan to make amends to it's loyal customers. That plan should be strategically designed to help ensure a continuous flow of business in the future. They don't even need to announce the details of the plan right now, just announce that there will be some future compensation in the form of discounts and fast pass coupons. Base the compensation on volume of submissions during the certain time period where the long TAT's caught people by surprise. They would get out ahead of CGC, taking the lead on this and announcing to the collecting community that at least one of the two companies plans to do something to take care of their customers who got caught up in the tidal wave.
Post 20 IP   flag post
I understand the complaints because we all have them but expressing dislike 3 months after your books are in hand all for compensation falls upon even the deafest of ears for me.
Post 21 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batworldfan
(can you imagine, being able to see photos of all the inside pages, for example)

Yes, it’s a service CBCS offers that, understandably, adds additional processing time and means more handling for the book

Post 22 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I think we've all been eating a little bit to alot of crow for the last couple years between the two.
The plethora of issues/concerns/problems between the two is maddening at times.
Crow is starting to taste ok
I am a defeated man

Post 23 IP   flag post
Collector Batworldfan private msg quote post Address this user
To dielinfinite, thanks for mentioning the Slideshow add-on option that CBCS offers. I've never used it, curious if anyone has tried it. Personally the price is so high, that I don't take it very seriously. I get that it would cost more, and would likely be more for signed and key books, but the cost needs more affordable and not just for the elite comics. Perhaps a short video of a grader slowly going through the pages (so you could clearly see each one) would be more a easily adoptable future option.
Post 24 IP   flag post
would be nice to have a snugger fit. Sigur_Ros private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
A little reading would show that this is every submitter case right now. This case is special enough to warrant a monetary change? Everyone else’s order would be as well.

Zimmyzum, what do you say to the people waiting on books from that time still? They weren’t quoted a 10 month tat. You jumped the line and aren’t happy, what about those you passed by?

I get what you're saying, but I would think 6 months for a 2-day modern is really, really bad.

I've had books in since first week of July. 17 weeks was the stated TAT. 36 weeks later they hit "grading". At least according to my dashboard. Some are, of course, long past their "hot" sales opportunities and I don't expect them back before summer but I'm not mad because I paid $14.40/book with their July 4th sale and I understand stated TATs don't mean a damned thing.

My first 2-day submission took 8 days from drop off at post office to the day I received them back. My second took 10. But if I paid extra for 2-day and it took 6 months, I'd be leaving too.

And this "jump the line" stuff I see here sometimes has got to go. He fairly paid more for faster service and has no need to feel bad for those who didn't.

We all know CS here is pretty horrible. Old news. And I'm here despite that because I place more value on the CBCS end product (thanks Steve) than I do CGC's. But if CBCS stepped into this thread and offered to make things right with him, I think that would go a long way.

Assuming his story is true in the first place.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad
I understand the complaints because we all have them but expressing dislike 3 months after your books are in hand all for compensation falls upon even the deafest of ears for me.

Looks like he was expressing it with them and they were ignoring it.
He was sending emails during those 3 months.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@zim0zum - If your comics were all submitted under the same submission number then your estimated TAT is based on the slowest tier. If they were all on separate submissions, then you have a legitimate complaint. But as you have not referenced your Submission number(s), seems like you may not have a leg to stand on.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
@zim0zum - If your comics were all submitted under the same submission number then your estimated TAT is based on the slowest tier. If they were all on separate submissions, then you have a legitimate complaint. But as you have not referenced your Submission number(s), seems like you may not have a leg to stand on.

Since they were submitted directly to a rep wouldn't they have explained this at that time ?
Just asking. I've never submitted via cons.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros

Since they were submitted directly to a rep wouldn't they have explained this at that time ?
Just asking. I've never submitted via cons.

My experience is that they absolutely would. But, you never know. Could have been busy.
Post 29 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by ticktocktyler
Why you all put yourselves through this is beyond me. At this point, I'd be afraid of having my books stolen by the companies that are supposed to be grading them. Look around at the world now.

Learn to spot resto, count pages and grade your books fairly. Put them in top loaders and tell the companies that YOU helped build to go f&ck themselves. They think they have you buyers and sellers over barrel but it only SEEMS that way. Take back this hobby. You don't actually NEED CGC or CBCS.

I wouldn't buy raw books from you unless there is an ironclad mechanism in place to be 100% reimbursed if I wasn't happy with my purchase.

With third party grading, I don't have to trust the guy selling me the book as much. I only have to believe he'll ship it.

Third party grading is providing a needed and appreciated service.
Post 30 IP   flag post
600626 58 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?