Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS EventsCBCS GradedGrading Help NeededQuestionsSigning Opportunities

Tynion Signing17050

Collector Dayzzgoby24 private msg quote post Address this user
I have never posted on a forum board before, so excuse my lack of etiquette. Who else sent in books to the Tynion signing? Have you received any info on your books?

Mine were logged and billed for 06/2021 and just recently within the last 2 weeks, changed to processing. I cannot imagine the turn around time starts 2 weeks ago.

Anyone more experienced, have any feedback? This is the way.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Belarak private msg quote post Address this user
Not only am I waiting on 5 books in that signing, I have a Canto signed book that goes back about a year.

I did send the Canto book for a press and pressing times are crazy when combined with grading. The turnaround times for everything has gotten absolutely nuts. I just got notified the other guy just sent me 14 books they've had for a year. They still have 25 from the same shipment "Scheduled for Grading" They were the last ones I sent to them and I won't send anymore. Especially since they've raised prices twice since that submission.

All we can do is try and be patient. When i submit books to CBCS now, I anticipate waiting 6-8 months with no press. CGC's signings have a quicker turnaround but then you have to get their cases. Most of the yellow label stuff I do now are raw books that I either bought signed or had them signed at a Con. There are several websites now offering to get books signed and then graded by CBCS if you want to go that route.

Good luck and enjoy your collecting.
Post 2 IP   flag post
One thing I forgot to mention.

Sometimes the turnaround on signing events runs longer is because of the artist. Most signings are sent to the signee and they don't return them in a timely matter.

I believe the TOT starts when they indicate received. You should get an email telling you when they move to a different level. There's a good Newbie guide here.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I sent books to that signing, too, and I have received notices recently that they've started processing. It's definitely been a while, but @Belarak is right. Sometimes the hold-up is creator delays and has nothing to do with the actual grading.

Welcome to the forum!
Post 4 IP   flag post
Thank you both for the feedback and the kind words. I'm still learning to navigate this forum, but I'll get there. Patience is something I do have (with multiple children, you either learn it, or you don't lol)
Heres to us getting our books back before we are put in the ground.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzzgoby24
Heres to us getting our books back before we are put in the ground.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Captain Accident the420bandito private msg quote post Address this user
Also have a few books in for this signing. I took the move to processing to mean that they are signed and waiting to be graded + slabbed.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by the420bandito
Also have a few books in for this signing. I took the move to processing to mean that they are signed and waiting to be graded + slabbed.

I believe that is the case. Mine stayed in 'billing' for months, and I suspect that's when they were still waiting on a signature.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Lordsloth private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like mine are still stuck in the "Billing" stage... :/

Edit- Oh, I guess this was my first post.
Post 9 IP   flag post
@Lordsloth Mine came out of 'billing' very recently, like maybe earlier this week. Yours are probably just a bit behind mine.

Welcome!!
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
The Tynion signing was delayed to November 2021 because of the pandemic and shows being cancelled, etc. I know he went to Thought Bubble in the UK and signed customer-submitted books through his agent, unsure if the CBCS books went to the UK or not but checking one of my invoices and clicking one of the comics it does show that he signed them on 11/17/21 which was a few days after Thought Bubble so either he signed them while still in the UK or he signed them upon returning to New York where he lives but that signing appears completed. I believe they route back to Philadelphia first to then get organized and re-packaged for shipping to Dallas. They are in good hands though, and they may be back in Dallas already. I had submitted two invoices of books, nearly fifty books, one invoice says Processing, the other says Billing but up until a few weeks ago they both said Billing. The TAT though doesn't start when they get to Dallas as I was told, the clock per say has been going on those for several months now, so if they are in Dallas they should not take too long to get them finished and shipped out to everyone.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinsella5
The TAT though doesn't start when they get to Dallas as I was told, the clock per say has been going on those for several months now, so if they are in Dallas they should not take too long to get them finished and shipped out to everyone

This has been my experience. I had books from another signing a while ago that were delayed, and then when the pressing/grading process finally began it went quickly.
Post 12 IP   flag post
My order still says Billing. I do have signatures of Jorge Jimenez, Martin Simmonds, and Werther Dell'Edera added to my order. The additional signatures could be my hold up. I'll keep waiting. Since most of your have progressed mine should be getting close too.

@Lordsloth Welcome to the forum!
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Lordsloth private msg quote post Address this user
@Belerak @Byrdibyrd Thanks! I guess I will hold tight and hopefully it will change to processing soon.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Collector Kinsella5 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Belarak
My order still says Billing. I do have signatures of Jorge Jimenez, Martin Simmonds, and Werther Dell'Edera added to my order. The additional signatures could be my hold up. I'll keep waiting. Since most of your have progressed mine should be getting close too.

If you go to your invoice # under your open orders of the books you had submitted for the signing and click on one of the comics you had sent in for said signing, it should show the creators and the dates they were signed. Of my two invoices of books I sent in, one of them shows that, it was multiple copies of one issue that I had signed by both Tynion and Dell'Edera and showed the dates next to their names which I assume were the signing dates. A few weeks ago I noticed that went from "Billing" to "Processing" so I have to assume those are in Dallas.

What has me concerned though is the other invoice # for books to be signed by the same two creators, and one other on some other books, does not show any dates which is odd since both invoices contained books that should have been signed during the same signing events. This invoice still says "Billing" as well. I am looking into this further because it is rather interesting let alone confusing.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector DPK419 private msg quote post Address this user
I noticed my invoice went from "billing" to "received" around the 2nd week of February. They moved to "Labels" status sometime last week. Received 2 emails yesterday that they had entered and completed production. Today received the email that my books had been shipped back to me. 3 books sent, 1 was for both Tynion and Dell'Edera. Submitted under modern tier with no pressing. I hope that everyone else would be getting their books processed and sent back soon.

Quite happy with the turnaround time on these as CBCS apparently moved these books to the front of the line after they received them back from being signed.
Post 16 IP   flag post
@DPK419 Jealous. Last time I checked mine were still in pressing.
Post 17 IP   flag post
I just double checked and mine are "processing" better than billing, like it had been for a while. Good on some of you who got their books back already, that's amazing.

I hope everyone gets the grades they want, the return they hoped for, or the trades they wanted to make!

In the meantime, I am a patient man. I'll hang in and wait, it will be worth it.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzzgoby24
I'll hang in and wait, it will be worth it.

Yes, it will. Still waiting on my books in pressing, but I know it'll work out once I get them back.
Post 19 IP   flag post
600891 19 19
This topic is archived. Start new topic?