Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS PressingGrading Help NeededMovies TelevisionMovies Television

Grade guidance needed17044

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
I have a friend that is asking me for grade guidance. I can accurately spot 9.4-9.8, but have no confidence in my sub 9.4 accuracy baring future ojt by grandmaster @sbororck. Anyway my friend sent me these photos. I can clearly see color breaks, corner rub impact and folds. In its current condition i would guess 7.0-8.0. With a press & clean i would guess it may fetch 9.0 to possibly 9.4. What do you all think. His intention is to sell and i rec’d that he press.

Post 1 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
With a clean/press, I’m conservative at 8.5…👍
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector QuaBrot private msg quote post Address this user
With those corners he won't go above an 8.5 if that, imho

Press would be good for the spine and general stress marks, but the corners can't be helped.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with the other folks putting it at 8.5. Clean and press will help (especially the back, I believe), but I think the corners and the spine tics keep it below a 9.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Clean and press for sure. I agree with everyone else on the 8.5
Post 5 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
8.0 to 8.5
Post 6 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I'll join the chorus of 8.5s after a clean/press - if the intention is to sell then almost any grade is worth the press and clean
Post 7 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like an 8.5 train...

Post 8 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
@Galen130 @QuaBrot @lawguy1977 @Byrdibyrd @earthshaker01 @KatKomics

LOL, i should have first disclosed that he is not going to be sending to CBCS for grading. He is going to send to cgc. If going to CBCS I would guess 8.0-9.0 at very best.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
7.0-8.0
Post 10 IP   flag post
600625 10 10
This topic is archived. Start new topic?