Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Movies TelevisionMovies TelevisionPop CultureQuestions

Marvel Eternals16668

Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
I’m an hour and twenty minutes into it and I still don’t care about any of these characters.

The acting is good. The set designs are cool and there’s a good movie in here somewhere. But man . . . Zzzzzzzzzzzz.
Post 76 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
plan on adding to my vudu (how i buy/watch movies) I do have disney+ but still add stuff there in case. i mainly use disney+ for original stuff and stuff I cant add. I collect movies (digitally) as much as I collect comics. have every mcu movie there
Post 77 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55
plan on adding to my vudu (how i buy/watch movies) I do have disney+ but still add stuff there in case. i mainly use disney+ for original stuff and stuff I cant add. I collect movies (digitally) as much as I collect comics. have every mcu movie there

Ya might want to watch it in Disney+ to see if you think it’s worth adding.
Post 78 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
Quote:
Originally Posted by power_struggle55

Ya might want to watch it in Disney+ to see if you think it’s worth adding.

already seen it. I liked it. not the best (probably one of the worst in the mcu) but im a completionist when it comes to movies. I cant skip a single movie in a franchise
Post 79 IP   flag post
I award you no points… stanley_1883 private msg quote post Address this user
I may finish watching it…piece by agonizing piece. However like slim said, I just couldn’t get invested in a single character
Post 80 IP   flag post

Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by 00slim
I’m an hour and twenty minutes into it and I still don’t care about any of these characters.

The acting is good. The set designs are cool and there’s a good movie in here somewhere. But man . . . Zzzzzzzzzzzz.

This was my take almost exactly. The characters had no reasons for their actions that made sense. They repeatedly made absolute statements and then broke "rules". If they had cut out an hour of stuff they wouldn't have contradicted themselves....I think.
Post 81 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Didn't love it, but I liked it. I doubt my grandson would like it since there aren't explosions every two minutes.
Post 82 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Last night I decided to watch it again with no distractions and paying closer attention. I still only made it through the first half. I definitely could see the potential here with some tweaks to the execution of it. It just tried to do way too much for one movie. Just the part where they are regathering the team members is long and exhausting. They probably should have cut it down to just 6 members instead of 10. Every time Icarus fought I kept seeing Homelander. The Bollywood star that sounded like he had a cold...I liked him better when I paid attention to his dialogue. Gilgamesh and Sersi were good also.
Post 83 IP   flag post
I never finished it nor did I have an inclination to. Doesn’t bother me one bit. I could never do that with another Marvel movie. To each their own but Eternals is a hard pass for me.
Post 84 IP   flag post
Just read an article stating in the MCU Thanos is not Deviant/Eternal…I’m not sure how I feel about that
Post 85 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley_1883
Just read an article stating in the MCU Thanos is not Deviant/Eternal…I’m not sure how I feel about that

In the movie they explained that is the very reason they did not get involved with the arrival of Thanos. Which doesn't really hold up, because life is the energy source for Celestial embryo's. The Eternals stayed on the sidelines while Thanos eliminated 50% of the universes energy source that they were created to protect. They probably should have gotten word from King Celestial to deal with Thanos.
Post 86 IP   flag post
They probably should have made a different movie, or changed a litany of other things like writers, directors, actors, but they didn’t. So we were left with a cornucopia of crap. I disliked this movie…a lot
Post 87 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Watched Eternals last night. I was impressed with some of the visuals, but other than that I was just bored out of my skull the entire time!! My favorite part was when it ended!! To ever watch this again would be torture!

On a positive note I can say to people that I have watched ALL of the MCU movies.
Post 88 IP   flag post
@brysb Agree, 100%.
Post 89 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
I haven't watched all the MCU movies. I think the only one I have watched from beginning to end is the first Avengers movie.
Post 90 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by brysb
Watched Eternals last night. I was impressed with some of the visuals, but other than that I was just bored out of my skull the entire time!! My favorite part was when it ended!! To ever watch this again would be torture!

On a positive note I can say to people that I have watched ALL of the MCU movies.

I thought bored out of your skull is your default setting @brysb. Fooled me yet again!
Post 91 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
I haven't watched all the MCU movies. I think the only one I have watched from beginning to end is the first Avengers movie.

That's too bad, as Infinity War is the MCU's best work.
Post 92 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by theCapraAegagrus
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

That's too bad, as Infinity War is the MCU's best work.

Iron Man > Infinity War > the rest

But Infinity War primed me for one of the biggest letdowns ever in End Game.
Post 93 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
Iron Man > Infinity War

I disagree, but that's fair.
Post 94 IP   flag post
My personal favorite is still ‘Winter Soldier’. It works as an excellent espionage thriller even without the Cape stuff. Plus, it features the best use of Black Widow in the MCU.
Post 95 IP   flag post
Thor Ragnarok is the most entertaining. You can start in the middle and still enjoy it. And it has Immigrant Song...twice.
Post 96 IP   flag post
I liked all the other MCU films, I thought Ragnarok was very cool.
Post 97 IP   flag post
being an ass and being a clown are two very different things. HAmistoso private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Thor Ragnarok is the most entertaining. You can start in the middle and still enjoy it. And it has Immigrant Song...twice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley_1883
I liked all the other MCU films, I thought Ragnarok was very cool.

Post 98 IP   flag post
Post 99 IP   flag post
Post 100 IP   flag post
I honestly hate Ragnarok up until the title animation. After that, it's nearly an A+ CBM.
Post 101 IP   flag post
598064 101 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?