Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry. This happens more often than most think. What I dont understand in this day and age why don't the shipping companies or 3rd party graders us rfid. The technology is cheap and shouldn't be hard to incorporate into the slab let alone a package.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
Man, I’m sorry to hear. I hope UPS or CGC come through on this.

Keep us posted.
Post 27 IP   flag post
PLOD theCapraAegagrus private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesidio
Sorry. This happens more often than most think. What I dont understand in this day and age why don't the shipping companies or 3rd party graders us rfid. The technology is cheap and shouldn't be hard to incorporate into the slab let alone a package.

Some ammunition shippers use this. FedEx was able to track a missing package because of it. And that was only a $50 order!
Post 28 IP   flag post
You do know that the new guy brings the donuts, right? DWeeB1967 private msg quote post Address this user
That sucks.

I'll just pile on what others here have already said: if possible, use the available FedEx / UPS reroute options.

For FedEx, I always have them delivered to the local Walgreens. For UPS, I have them delivered to the neighborhood UPS store.

So far, by doing that, I've been fortunate and have always received packages that I was expecting.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
That suck, man, sorry that happened to you. Hope there's a positive resolution!

What @DWeeB1967 said. I tend to use only only UPS if I have a choice. With the Smart tracking thingie you can just have them "deliver" it to your local UPS store if you want, then pick it up there at your leisure. Never had an issue, even if I decided to do it last minute.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
Porch pirates are nothing when you watch the video I did. Fedex shipping containers on trains, getting the locks cut, empty boxes knee deep along the tracks.
Post 31 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
porch pirates are the worst. havent had it happen to me as I am careful (make sure Im home look at tracking constantly, etc) but a few times Ive been away from home for a day or two and package arrived (came sooner or later then expected). 1st time I called my apartment's leasing office if they can put package (about $50 worth of new comics) inside. they said they normally dont but will this time. came back to find it on table by door. other time didnt do anything because it was a cheap star wars christmas mug I got for free off disney's rewards site. it was still at door when I got home

this is why people have ring doorbells. so they can catch porch pirates in the act. can give it to police and post it in community page to see if anyone knows them.

it could be a neighbor or a person who follows main carrier or just drives looking
Post 32 IP   flag post
I AM... THE Bat-Manuel MurrayC private msg quote post Address this user
I'm lucky that I've never been a victim of porch pirates because the style of my house includes a long overhang from the front door to the driveway, and the view is blocked when travelling from both directions (one way is blocked by my garage, and the other blocked by the thick foliage of my garden) so my deliveries get hidden from plain view
Post 33 IP   flag post
Collector bige31 private msg quote post Address this user
@CatCovers that’s one reason the wife and I got a ring camera. Her purse got stolen out of her car one night and we never found who did it. But with the comics I get delivered I love having the ring camera.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector tonyz58 private msg quote post Address this user
I live in a condo with a common hallway and the morons who deliver the packages can't take the trouble to turn the doorknob and leave it inside the hall. Luckily I'm in an adult community where it's pretty safe. But there is no excuse for this and I guess the loss to UPS,Fedex or the USPS isn't much or they would be more careful.
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
Damn porch pirates got me this weekend.

Last summer, I sent off a book for CGC's Art Adams signing. Paid for the remarque too. Was excited to have my 9.8 coming back to me after half a year. Tracking showed it would be here today. I checked the tracking again this morning and saw that - for the first time I've ever seen - UPS was early. They delivered it on Saturday, when I happened to be out of town. They show they got signature confirmation too. But of course that hasn't been a thing since covid started.

I tried to open a case with UPS. Filled out their form, uploaded documentation, etc. Hit submit and got an error message that they couldn't process the request. Tried twice more, same error. Got someone on the phone, explained all that happened. She said she'd send me an email about how we'll proceed. Said email arrives, containing nothing but boilerplate text and a link to the same damn form that keeps giving me errors.

Guess CGC will have to initiate anything on their end, because I can't make it happen from mine. In the meantime, contacting every comic vendor in the area to let them know.

Porch pirates are worthless, deplorable creatures who deserve only sadness and misery. And a naked ride down a thousand-foot cheese grater.
Sorry this happened to you, quite saddening . People can be so thoughtless
Post 36 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
@CatCovers BTW if this hasn't been mentioned, depending on which credit card you used, they may reimburse you for theft. You might want to give them a call as well.
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
The title for this thread could be added as a post in "What are you shootin?"
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector etapi65 private msg quote post Address this user
kinda related, saw this last week and cringed thinking there could have been CBCS packages setting at the bottom of a ravine.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/30/us/alabama-fedex-packages/index.html
Post 39 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
Sounds like that FedEx guy was FedUp.
Post 40 IP   flag post
SpongeBob Comics #1 sells for $991! Joosh private msg quote post Address this user
Here I sit awaiting FedEx to deliver a single tire. I bought a pair, only one showed up and clearly denotes “1of 2” on its label. Thankfully the biz I bought them from said they’ll take care of it if it doesn’t show.

Thankfully since moving to the sticks, I haven’t really had to worry about porch pirates. Cattle and Corn don’t steal.
Post 41 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
maybe put up the SN of the slab comics so we all know, so if we came across them we can let you know >
Post 42 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Well, Fedex just delivered my pizza oven yesterday and decided to toss it on our concrete stairs. This despite a “fragile” label on the outer box and despite our fedex instructions requesting drop off by our garage (which is easier for them to reach).

Big crashing sound. Turns out was the pizza stone (cracked in half). Vendor cant do an exchange (out of stock) and is looking for drop off for return. Now I am looking to Ooni to send a replacement stone so spent 45 mins on cust support between Amazon and Ooni this AM (and a bit with Fedex).

Plenty of my time wasted because the delivery driver decided to toss someone else’s property on/down stairs.
Post 43 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave

Dude that sux. I'm sorry you have to wait longer. They really must have tried to damage that box. My pizza stone came in a nice air pillow and seemed well packed in the main ooni box.
Post 44 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Get a box at your local packing store. Either an independent or the UPS store.

You won’t have to worry about delivery and once it hits their store they are responsible for issues surrounding the package. If it gets lost they are responsible for the value.
Post 45 IP   flag post
Open with care, I did.

Toss on/down concrete stairs, Fedex does.

Furious, I am.

Post 46 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
@Davethebrave Man, that stinks. Seriously, it's like FedEx just does not care. I'm amazed that they still get as much business as they do.
Post 47 IP   flag post
Collector CatCovers private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorpion
maybe put up the SN of the slab comics so we all know, so if we came across them we can let you know >

It's just one book. New Mutants Special Edition 1 in 9.8, signed and remarqued by Art Adams. CGC #3858290001.

Funny enough, UPS sent me a "How'd we do?" email survey today. I gave them both barrels.
Post 48 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatCovers
UPS sent me a "How'd we do?" email survey today. I gave them both barrels.

They'll never learn if you don't. Read 'em the riot act.
Post 49 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
spoke to a mail carrier yesterday and she even admits my building's package system is crap
Post 50 IP   flag post
@Byrdibyrd the whole system is an impersonal joke.

I mean, we all signed up for this once quantity trumped quality and we chose products based on the last cent of savings vs service etc.

The collective, non-judgmental “we” of course.

Try getting any accountability or achieving any real say on shipping service provider when dealing with countless online sellers… and just try getting people on the phone with automated call centers designed to frustrate. :-)

——
Edited for readability after original post typed with a 3yo hanging off my arm.
Post 51 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davethebrave
I mean, we all signed up for this once quantity trumped quality and we chose products based on the last cent of savings vs service etc.

Your right, it's all part of the equation that we signed up for. As long as the good outweighs the bad, the equation comes out positive and we keep doing it...as we probably should. Kind of like submitting to CBCS...we sign up for both the good and bad parts of the company because the equation comes out positive in the end.
Post 52 IP   flag post
@Davethebrave I can't argue, 'cause, y'know... TRUTH.
Post 53 IP   flag post
Collector Puckster private msg quote post Address this user
On one hand, I live in a shady subdivision. Not as bad as it used to be, but there are still a lot of shady people here. On the other hand, our house is kind of far up from the road and we have several dogs. There aren't any stairs going up to our front door right now so you go in the back where there is a deck. All packages are left there. You can't see if a package is there and nobody is going to come up there to look.
Doesn't mean I haven't had problems. I have a dog that loves to eat cardboard so she had destroyed many a package left on the porch. I've been lucky that most of it wasn't super expansive or was easily replaceable. We just have to know when something is coming and make sure she is chained up. She helps keep away the pirates though so it's a Catch 22.
Post 54 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user

Post 55 IP   flag post
600471 69 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?