Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedCBCS PressingComics Bronze Age

Book went missing?16343

Collector Matusa96 private msg quote post Address this user
So I submitted an order for CBCS grading with a Star Wars #1 in it. It was logged in their system as recieved. The order was in processing with it, but now the order does not show the book on their website anymore and I have a Balance of 75$ (the grading charges) back to me. What happened to my book? So I called CBCS today, and explained my situation. The person on the phone responded “So what you need to do is send an email to customerservice@cbcscomics.com”. I figured I would reach out on these forums, as I had emailed over the weekend but did not hear back today.
Post 1 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I hope it gets resolved. You may want to post the order # also so they can look into it.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
try DM to @sborock

if you click on this blue above it will take you to his profile and you can send a message from there
Post 3 IP   flag post
@katkomics Thanks I will reach out to them now.
Post 4 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
My guess is that it was rejected for some reason, like too much overhang or something, and could not be safely encapsulated
Post 5 IP   flag post
@dielinfinite I suppose that's possible, although there was nothing about the book that would make me think that. Also, is it their practice to not provide any notification?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matusa96
@dielinfinite I suppose that's possible, although there was nothing about the book that would make me think that. Also, is it their practice to not provide any notification?

weeeelllllll......alot of notifications have kind of fallen off the table since "the virus of an unspecified origin" caused a flood of submissions and super long turn around times......
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

weeeelllllll......alot of notifications have kind of fallen off the table since "the virus of an unspecified origin" caused a flood of submissions and super long turn around times......

Once again, I suppose this is all possible. It is just a little unnerving for me as I have not submitted books before, and then this happens and so far I am pretty much in the dark as to what is going on.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Click on the order and then the invoice to download a new copy. Maybe your invoice says [reject] next to the star wars #1. See this thread and scroll up to post 985 if you need instructions.

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/15610/page/40/turnaround-60/#995
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKomics
Quote:

It is well documented that it has indeed been a common practice of CBCS to not provide much if any notification? Their non-existent customer Service has been their Achilles heel LONGGGGGGG before any virus' or submission increases.

That said I still have 3 subs in myself with no movement

March

April

September

All have been noted as received, not a peep since, Which is ok I guess, as long as I know they got them in the system somewhere
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Click on the order and then the invoice to download a new copy. Maybe your invoice says [reject] next to the star wars #1. See this thread and scroll up to post 985 if you need instructions.

https://forum.cbcscomics.com/topic/15610/page/40/turnaround-60/#995

Unfortunately no mention of the Star Wars 1 in my invoice. The evidence of it having been there is apparent (like I said, I have the discrepancy between total and paid of 1 2-day modern book, but no not of that book)
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Unfortunate it does seems that way. It's been mentioned on numerous threads that communicating is virtually non-existent.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Scorpion private msg quote post Address this user
cause CBCS costumer service suck so bad, i thong they there where hiring for that, any word on that???
will get back to you #SOON
Post 13 IP   flag post
I don't want to brag, but cashiers are always checking me out. power_struggle55 private msg quote post Address this user
they better not lose my submission.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Latest update -- I have now been notified that 3 of the books from my previous order (which are marked as received and paid for on my other order) have been received and are being charged as another invoice. What is going on?! Currently waiting to hear back from Steve Borock as this is just another issue compounding on top of my already missing Star Wars #1...
Post 15 IP   flag post
Both problems have been resolved— not sure what happened or how, but I don’t even care as long as my book is not lost… PHEW
Post 16 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Awesome! Now when someone shows up in a day or two with a similar issue, you can be the one to share your experience and talk them down off the ledge.
Post 17 IP   flag post
601336 17 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?