Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Best comic price guide?... Since GoCollect has removed most unpaid values15976

Collector RonMob private msg quote post Address this user
I am a relatively new collector and liked that GoCollect offered relatively accurate values for graded comics without a paid subscription. I used their FMVs to determine what prices I would pay for raw books. I am not really a larger enough collector to justify the annual subscription price just for graded comic values now that they have significantly reduced the amount of information they provide for free.

I have also used ComicsPriceGuide.com but their values don't always seem to be accurate for both raw and graded books.

Please give us newbies some advice - what sites or services give accurate information and the most 'bang for the buck' for free or subscription services? Is GoCollect the best? Is GPAnalysis good or better for graded or raw values in any way? Is Collectorz CLZ accurate for determining value? Are there other sources of values (besides eBay sold listings) that should be considered?

I would appreciate any information you could share!
Post 1 IP   flag post
You think I'm joking, I'm not. earthshaker01 private msg quote post Address this user
Nostromania.com
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Odinson2000 private msg quote post Address this user
I only ever had a free GoCollect account, but I loved all the multiple lists you could make when planning what to sell.

Doesn’t look like GPA or Covrprice have that option. I guess I can still use GoCollect if they fix their issues (like no multiples), but I just hate it so much right now and miss being able to scroll lists the most.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
I use both Collectorz and Covrprice. There's also Nostomania and Stash My Comics, neither of which keep as up-to-date as the first two, but they are still useful. One big advantage that Stash has, though, is that it's completely free of charge.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Bobashek private msg quote post Address this user
I use comicspriceguide.com
Post 5 IP   flag post
@Bobashek I've been using comicspriceguide for years, and aside from them not catching on to trends as fast as GoCollect (or at least, as fast as GoCollect USED to... We'll have to see how they do now), they've been a nice alternative. Plus, they're one of the only ones to give raw estimates in addition to slabbed.
Post 6 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
I use closed sales from Ebay in the last month or so.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111
Yup, that's another one, but sometimes I can't get enough data points from that, especially if I'm looking for something uncommon, which is why backing that up with GoCollect and/or comicspriceguide was nice.
Post 8 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
I also use HA as a reference. Easy to get past sales prices and can sort by date. May not be as useful for moderns but good for older and rare books.
Post 9 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
I check Ebay and MyComicShop, Then I just make up shit in my head
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
CPG (Comics Price Guide) is my go to for the most part. Then I might check eBay sales or MCS.

CPG is sometimes behind a little but, especially for non "hot" comics, the prices are usually pretty spot on. Only real issue I ever see there is not catching the trends fast enough if you're looking to flip or buy the newest hotness.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector dpiercy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuffsaid111

This…sold listings on ebay.
Post 12 IP   flag post
601360 12 12
This topic is archived. Start new topic?