Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
PEDIGREED... Again! martymann private msg quote post Address this user
As I am unable to view or post on the CBCS Forum from my pc I have once again borrowed one to post this message to all. I appreciate all of your past kind words and comments on my collection. I have truly enjoyed my time with you and hope to be able to post again sometime in the future. Thanks to all for putting up with my ramblings over the past years.
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
We love you, brother! looking forward to talking with you soon!
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector TommyJasmin private msg quote post Address this user
Marty - So you can view and post from other computers, but not from your main PC. I am more than happy to help you troubleshoot this. If you want to take me up on it send me a note via my Nostomania email, which you should have...
Post 3 IP   flag post
Captain Corrector CaptainCanuck private msg quote post Address this user
@martymann

Try downloading and logging in from a different browser (Chrome, Firefox etc.).
Post 4 IP   flag post
The Fifth Golden Girl sborock private msg quote post Address this user
You will be missed very much! Please try and come back soon!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Did I miss something, why?
Post 6 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Did I miss something, why?

Trouble posting to the forum from his computer. @martymann got his computer around the same time that he acquired his comic books. It takes up an entire floor in a NYC high rise and works on punch cards. I kid!
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
@martymann I have enjoyed looking at all your amazing books over the last few years. Hopefully you will be able to overcome your computer issues.
Post 8 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
If the only thing Marty needs is a computer, why can't we send him one?
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector michaelekrupp private msg quote post Address this user
It may just be a matter of rebooting. Not long ago my computer quit connecting to wifi or even acknowledging wifi capabilities. I figured out how to reboot my computer to the original factory settings and it fixed the problem. Don’t know if you are able to view this or not, Marty, but I suggest giving that a try.
Post 10 IP   flag post
Quick update guys - he's just way behind on OS updates, and he's running a browser that's no longer supported on that rev.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyJasmin
Quick update guys - he's just way behind on OS updates, and he's running a browser that's no longer supported on that rev.

Thanks for helping him out @TommyJasmin!!
Post 12 IP   flag post
No problem @Jesse_O we gotta get The Living Legend back in action, right?
Also @Jesse_O Go Packers I think when I checked out the picks, most people had them today.
Unfortunately, since he's on Snow Leopard (10.6.5), I don't think the simple upgrade path will work (which I gave him steps for today). I'll look into it in the AM, but I vaguely remember when you're that far behind, you may need to manually download El Capitan and do an interim upgrade.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyJasmin

Told ya...Punch cards. probably missed a patch from Alan Turing back around '54. I joke only because @martymann is the closest I've ever come to a living Pedigree. He's a forum treasure and hopefully we can get him back to posting soon.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Not too far off @EbayMafia ! Unfortunately Marty's computer is just too old (2004) and the specs just won't support getting everything up-to-date. He's going to have to bite the bullet and finally get new hardware. Marty sends his thanks to all for the good thoughts until he's back on the boards.
Post 15 IP   flag post
600832 15 15
This topic is archived. Start new topic?