Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Comics Copper AgeComics Golden AgeComics Modern AgeComics Silver Age

New GoCollect Site goes live tomorrow (10/13)15926

I wish I had a title. ComicNinja0215 private msg quote post Address this user
@lawguy1977 yeah man. Fresh coffee and updated values. Made it easier to know which books to grade lol
Post 26 IP   flag post
Collector Trespa68 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulkSmash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sigur_Ros
So... On my phone the new layout is terrible, but, it looks like pricing is no longer available for free?
Not that they were very accurate, but at least you could see it.

I’m seeing it. Click on the book and scroll down or click on “value”

Okay. Probably just glitching for me.
Thank you.

So if I want to look up a 9.0 of this book.. I have to pay or just make an account, I wonder.

I have a free account already, and I can not get the full list of fmv unless I pay for the pro version.
Post 27 IP   flag post
Fantasy Football Bono
You thought we'd forget, didn't you?
FFB private msg quote post Address this user
The new GoCollect site sucks so bad that I cancelled my auto-renewal and asked for a refund of my prepaid year's Pro subscription that I paid in June. Removing the ability to view an entire series of a title with FMV next to the issue makes this a useless tool for me. I am so angry right now. I feel ripped off. Worst site upgrade I've ever seen in any industry.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Collector BrianGreensnips private msg quote post Address this user
I am on the fence. I have the paid membership and was getting frustrated trying to navigate through it now. I will have to try again tomorrow and see.
Post 29 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
The new site is awful. The prior site (recently) was inaccurate. The upgrade looks solely like an upgrade to their revenue goals at user expense.

Well, I am now a former user.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Collector Rinova private msg quote post Address this user
I’m thinking of moving from go collect to cover price
Post 31 IP   flag post
Collector Huntergreene2 private msg quote post Address this user
I've been using Gocollect and Covrprice simultaneously. Covrprice has won and I've cancelled my Gocollect sub.
Post 32 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFB
The new GoCollect site sucks so bad that I cancelled my auto-renewal and asked for a refund of my prepaid year's Pro subscription that I paid in June. Removing the ability to view an entire series of a title with FMV next to the issue makes this a useless tool for me. I am so angry right now. I feel ripped off. Worst site upgrade I've ever seen in any industry.

I concur. It was a downgrade instead of an upgrade.
Post 33 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinova
I’m thinking of moving from go collect to cover price

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huntergreene2
I've been using Gocollect and Covrprice simultaneously. Covrprice has won and I've cancelled my Gocollect sub.

Great advice. I'll be cancelling my CLZ account and moving over to covrprice. Is there a way to import your collection from CLZ?
Post 34 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
I would NOT cancel CLZ, but if you have goCollect, itself, seems time to cancel that
Post 35 IP   flag post
Collector KevinABQ private msg quote post Address this user
Is there anything else that will import values to CLZ? Failing that, is there another database system where values can be imported from somewhere else? Does Covrprice's database allow CSV imports? (no, it seems)

What about ComicBase?

Shorter: CLZ relies on GoCollect and I think they've got a problem there.
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector bythegram private msg quote post Address this user
Quite honestly the only reason I’m sticking around is because I’m betting a ton of people leave and they either revert back or fix things very quickly. It looks to me like a majority of the issues are front end which is cosmetic. As long as they have the data they should be able to resolve terrible UI/UX
Post 37 IP   flag post
Collector KevinABQ private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by bythegram
Quite honestly the only reason I’m sticking around is because I’m betting a ton of people leave and they either revert back or fix things very quickly. It looks to me like a majority of the issues are front end which is cosmetic. As long as they have the data they should be able to resolve terrible UI/UX

Perhaps, but this looks like the graphic designers and the marketing people have got the bit in their teeth. To go back they need to fire some people and I think they'll just tell themselves it will get better instead. Hint: It won't.
Post 38 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
CLZ has to wait for GoCollect to finish and then make sure the computers are talking to ea other properly. But goCollect wants “to discuss the arrangement”
Post 39 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
So far, this is what I've noticed:

I can't search my own lists.
I can't scroll through the books in my list without clicking through 30+ tabs.
They didn't port over all the information I had input from the previous list regarding my books, i.e., where I bought them.
The whole site and new issue entry system is clunky AF. (How many save buttons does one page need???)
Available information is now way more limited to what used to be available.

This is just what I've noticed so far. Can't comment on the sales accuracy issues yet.
Post 40 IP   flag post
Collector _cg_ private msg quote post Address this user
new site is absolute junk
Post 41 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
So today I received an email from Go Collect (Comics - Customer Service) asking me what I thought of the update and if all my information survived. I let them know that I was not happy with the several steps backward “upgrade” and that I would probably not renew unless vast improvements were made quickly. Did anyone else get the email from them?
Post 42 IP   flag post
597980 42 17
This topic is archived. Start new topic?