Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

TV HAPPENINGS Part Deux15880

Forum Crier OGJackster private msg quote post Address this user
Jon Bernthal Returning In Rebooted Punisher Series

When it came to the Netflix Universe of Marvel characters, one of the true bright spots, relatively speaking, was Jon Bernthal as Frank Castle/ Punisher. Appearing first as the antagonist, and then very much a protagonist in the second season of Daredevil, he was easily the best version of the character we had seen on the big or small screen. And it was going to be disappointing if the role was recast when that group of characters moved to the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Not only is that not the case, but the Giant Freakin Robot exclusive has also been confirmed by Small Screen and Bernthal is returning in a rebooted Punisher series for the MCU. If there was going to be any character to move over from Netflix, Bernthal was definitely the guy.

This new Marvel Punisher series with Jon Bernthal in the lead could be further along than originally expected as well. According to the Small Screen reporting, there is already a script in hand and the negotiations to bring Bernthal back as the character are nearing the finish line. Small Screen says that the show will trend extremely violent, making it possibly the most bloody series to date within the Marvel Universe. This is notable for a couple of reasons, but primarily because it possibly signals a willingness on the part of the Marvel folks to work MCU stories off of Disney+ and on to Hulu when the content lines up better for the latter.

Additionally, in this Jon Bernthal as Punisher news, there was the possibility that we will first see the character debut with a cameo in the upcoming Moon Knight series. This is also supposed to be a darker and possibly more violent series, though it will be on Disney+ so it isn’t likely to go all the way into the R-rating. But that should be our first look, again, at Bernthal in the iconic skull shirt. After that, a series should be in order for Punisher, rebooting his story in a new timeline, an alternate universe from the Netflix series. Small Screen said this wouldn’t pick up from where Netflix left off, but rather begin anew with the character in some respect to align him with the current Marvel Universe.

Jon Bernthal originally appeared as Punisher in the second season of Netflix’s Daredevil. Starting as something of a foe to Charlie Cox’s character, the two quickly realized they were mostly aligned in their respective missions even if they had different ends to justify their individual means. Punisher was happy to take things to their most violent and bloody conclusions in the name of justice, something Daredevil didn’t see necessarily as acceptable. And this struggle, especially with how Jon Bernthal handled the character was masterful. He was both rage-filled and tortured, methodical yet quick to action. It was awesome.

Netflix did spin Jon Bernthal and Punisher into a standalone series as well which lasted for two seasons on the streamer. It gave more backstory on the character, the reasons behind his quest for revenge, and the tragedy that had befallen his family, leading him down the darker superhero/ vigilante path. But when Netflix canceled it, along with its other Marvel properties, it set the clock ticking for when Punisher and others could join the Marvel Cinematic Universe. That time is coming soon and this word about a Punisher series is a welcome set of news. Bernthal is perfect and it would have been tough seeing something else reboot the role.
clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
I AM REALLY EXCITED ABOUT THIS NEWS!

Post 2 IP   flag post
Moon Knight Video Suggests Filming Is Nearing Completion
A Reddit user shares a video indicating that Disney+'s Moon Knight TV series has wrapped filming in Budapest and production is almost complete.

A new video suggests that the Moon Knight TV show is almost done with filming. After launching several successful shows like WandaVision, The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, Loki, and What If...? in 2021, Marvel is now eyeing several new characters to add to its cinematic universe in 2022 via the avenue of Disney+. Shows such as Ms. Marvel and She-Hulk are already on track to premiere next year, and so is a Moon Knight TV show, featuring the comics protagonist Marc Spector. Marvel Studios announced plans for a Moon Knight show back in 2019, and they later confirmed that Oscar Isaac would play the lead in the series.

Created by Jeremy Slater and helmed by Mohamed Diab and the directing duo Justin Benson and Aaron Moorhead, Moon Knight will chronicle Marc's story as he is given a second chance at life, along with new superpowers, by the Egyptian moon god Khonshu. The series also stars Ethan Hawke as a villain, while May Calamawy is set to appear in an undisclosed role. Production on Moon Knight was scheduled to begin in November 2020, but after delays posed by the COVID-19 pandemic, the plans were pushed back to April 2021. The show has been shooting in Budapest, Hungary, although it now appears that filming is close to the finish line.

As per a new video that Reddit user u/bellomoto has shared from one of the crew members on Moon Knight, it seems that production on the show is nearing completion. The clip featured the inside of the crew member's hotel room, focusing on a gift they had received from the production team to celebrate the filming wrap-up in Budapest. Along with a gift, there was also a thank you note from notable Marvel executives, who appreciated the crew member's efforts for their work on the show. Take a look at the video below.
clickable text
Although the shooting may have ended in Budapest, there are still some additional scenes that Moon Knight needs to film in Atlanta, Georgia. That, however, shouldn't take terribly long, as Diab had previously indicated that they were aiming to wrap up production on the show by early October. Nevertheless, even with the work that is left, the progress Moon Knight has made so far is quite impressive, especially considering that plot details on the series remain slim. Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige has likened Moon Knight to the Indiana Jones films, stressing that the show would explore Egyptology and mental health issues, such as Marc's dissociative identity disorder. But that is all that fans know about the show, except for the stuff they may have learned from leaked set videos and photos. A lot of information is still unconfirmed, including Gaspard Ulliel's casting and Mark Ruffalo's possible appearance as The Hulk.

Now, however, with Moon Knight being so close to concluding production, fans will hopefully soon get some substantial idea regarding what the show is about. Of course, the show will first head into post-production, where it will get its visual effects and high-octane action sequences right. But after that, a barrage of teasers, trailers, and promotional images can be expected to follow. Right now, the greatest anticipation is to see Isaac's new costume as Moon Knight, as well as to see if the rumored villain Midnight Man turns up in the show. But considering that Moon Knight probably won't air until late next year, the wait for those revelations might be considerably longer. Still, this piece of news is a reason for fans to rejoice, as it solidifies how close Moon Knight is to becoming a genre phenomenon.
Post 3 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

Locke & Key Season 2 trailer. New season starts October 22.
Post 4 IP   flag post
@Lonestar Looks good!
Post 5 IP   flag post
I was wondering when the next Game of Thrones installment was going to come out. I'm thrilled about this. HBO does such a fine job with the timepiece shows they put out. Coming to HBO Max in 2022.

House Of The Dragon | Official Teaser | HBO Max

Post 6 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Matt Smith doesn't quite look the part.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Neither did Jack Gleeson. Although they do look related lol!

Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector Lonestar private msg quote post Address this user

Lost in Space, season 3, final season. December 1.
Post 9 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by OGJackster
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson

Neither did Jack Gleeson. Although they do look related lol!

He reminds me of one of those blonde/albino aliens from Defiance.
Post 10 IP   flag post
@Lonestar I hate how Netflix kills off the shows I really like. With that being said, I wasn't real crazy over season 2 so I hope this next one is good.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Starts on Tuesday!!!!!!

Post 12 IP   flag post
@Jesse_O I know, this puts a smile on my face.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Mine too!!!
Post 14 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Matt Smith will always be Prince Philip for me.
Post 15 IP   flag post
Collector 00slim private msg quote post Address this user
“That 90’s Show” with Debra Jo Rupp & Kurtwood Smith returning in their “That 70’s Show” roles.

Set in 1995, with Eric & Donna’s daughter coming to visit her Grandparents for the Summer.

10 episodes ordered by Netflix.

EW.com
Post 16 IP   flag post
Resident Alien Gets First Season 2 Teaser

Harry Vanderspeigle – or the alien mimicking him – is returning for the sophomore season of Resident Alien. The Syfy channel sci-fi comedy with a murder mystery thrown in has released a teaser trailer for the show’s return.

The short 20-second clip shows Harry waking up in the hospital to declare that he’s an alien and D’Arcy confronting Asta about what she’s hiding. It ends with Harry asking his very young friends Max and Sahar an absurd question that is very on brand for the alien.

Resident Alien stars Alan Tudyk, Sara Tomko, Corey Reynolds, Alice Wetterlund, Levi Fiehler, Meredith Garretson, Elizabeth Bowen, Judah Prehn, and Gary Farmer. Syfy has not announced a return date yet.

Post 17 IP   flag post
The Witcher Season 3 Release Is Sooner Than You Think

In this day and age of streamers and studios competing in what seems like a content arms race for the ages, it’s almost never good enough to wait eagerly for the next movie or series to come out. No, we have to do one better and wait for the follow-up to the yet unreleased productions. It’s just the way of the content world, with eyes always looking down the road for what is coming next. That’s the case with The Witcher season 3 which already has a production date set even though the second season hasn’t even hit Netflix yet.

The folks at Redanian Intelligence (via ComicBook) have it that The Witcher Season 3 is gearing up for an early 2022 production timeline, which is a pretty fast turnaround all things considered. With Season 2 not even released on Netflix yet, it might be strange to already think ahead to the next season. But there are a couple of factors at play here. The first is that this second season is already coming much later than originally planned. The Witcher first hit Netflix in December of 2019. The plan was to begin production in short order but then a little thing called the Global Pandemic hit and that delayed the timeline for many months.

What also delayed The Witcher production was a Henry Cavill injury that had them have to stop filming for a bit as well. So while it would seem that The Witcher season 3 is getting a faster turnaround than one could normally expect, the reality is that they seem to mostly just be making up for lost time here. It’s been two years since the first season hit, keeping it close to an every-year release schedule would mean starting things up sooner than later. And plus, Giant Freakin Robot had the exclusive that a The Witcher movie was in the works as well. Completing a third season before that production could be part of the plan.

But of course, before we get The Witcher Season 3, we have a second season to deal with here. The story is set to pick back up on Netflix on December 17th, just a couple of months away. From the early trailers and some show descriptions, it looks like this season will focus much more on the relationship between Henry Cavill’s Geralt of Rivia and Freya Allen’s Ciri, with the two having come together at the end of last season. He becomes a guardian and protector for her to start, but it very much appears she has her own path as well. With continued world-building here there is plenty of space to grow this show considering the fantasy element and source material (books and movies) lends itself well to a narrative expansion.

And Netflix would be incentivized to get The Witcher Season 3 out in short order considering the popularity of this series. While we, of course, don’t have numbers around the second season yet the prevailing wisdom is that this will be another incredibly popular offering for the streamer. The first season was one of the most-viewed series ever put out on the platform. Netflix reported 76 million viewers in the first month. Can The Witcher season 3 (or season 2) reach the same heights? Time will tell but it looks like Netflix is banking on just such a result.
Post 18 IP   flag post
The Book of Boba Fett trailer is here — and it feels like the start of something awesome

It's about time! The Book of Boba Fett trailer is finally here. The series, which drops on December 29, just got its first trailer — with a vibe that's new and needed for the world of Star Wars. And, of course, you can watch it below.

The footage starts off with a sign that the cool stuff won't stop just because this is a Mandalorian spin-off, as a robotic-looking spider crawls across the desert. It's got a big clear vessel of a mouth, with red fluid and some other stuff inside of it. And then it crawls past a building where our titular bounty hunter receives and dons his iconic helmet.

How to watch the Star Wars movies in order
Everything we know about Hawkeye
Plus: Eternals is lowest-rated MCU film, and things could get even worse
The clip begins with Fett (Temuera Morrison) saying "I am not a bounty hunter." His legacy is still alive, though, as someone else replies, "I've heard otherwise." Showing that people still know that he's the bad, bad man he once was.

This footage gives off a vibe of crime boss warfare — The Sopranos, but in space — and looks awesome. Check it out for yourself:

The Book of Boba Fett | Official Trailer | Disney+

The bulk of the trailer picks up where we left off: Fett is on the throne of Jabba The Hutt, and seeks to rule the criminal underworld of the Star Wars universe. That said, he claims he wants to be a better kind of underlord boss. One who rules with respect instead of fear. After Fett dispatches with Bib Fortuna, he claims the throne and takes a dinner with the underworld bosses who he now needs as allies.

Quickly, we see that there are targets on his back. And so just like Jabba, Fett will have to threaten violence to make things work out. Or at least Fennec Shand (Ming-Na Wen) will have to.

Analysis: More than just Mandalorian season 2.5?

Disney has not given us any signs of when The Mandalorian season 3 is coming, so many are looking at this spinoff as a snack to tide us over.

That said, this looks like it could be the beginning of something bigger — the crime show that the Star Wars universe could need to live and grow out of the shadow of the concluded Skywalker Saga.

The folks at Lucasfilm have a lot of work ahead of them, with the likes of Patti Jenkins and Taika Waititi signed on to helm new Star Wars films, and it's not hard to imagine that this Disney Plus show (and the others I'll get to below) could help create a fabric for a new saga or two. Disney's already used the likes of Loki and WandaVision to kickstart MCU Phase 4.

As seen below, Wen shared photos of swag given out to the cast and crew of The Book of Boba Fett. And said stuff refers to "The Book of Boba Fett S.1," which we're going to read into. The acknowledgement of this being the first season of this show suggests the definite possibility that a second (to be confirmed) season.

So, if The Book of Boba Fett is as good as its trailer looks, we've got reason to believe this is the start of another series.

The Book of Boba Fett isn't the only upcoming Star Wars show: the Star Wars: Andor series is confirmed, as are shows about Ahsoka Tano, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Lando. It's unclear as to which of these shows could tie into upcoming movies, but The Book of Boba Fett definitely feels like the start of something new in that galaxy far, far away.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user

Post 20 IP   flag post
November 27th, on USA network, "Nash Bridges" the movie will air!!! Here is an article on it.

Post 21 IP   flag post
This trailer came out a few months ago. I'm looking forward to it coming out next year.

Obi-Wan KENOBI (2022) | Reveal Trailer | Disney+

Post 22 IP   flag post
Dwayne Johnson's Krypto assembles a team in DC League of Super-Pets first look

You know Superman, but now it's time to meet the Man of Steel's best friend in an exclusive first look at DC League of Super-Pets.

In the upcoming animated movie, Dwayne Johnson voices Krypto, the Last Son of Krypton's loyal, swaggering dog. The pooch shares all of his owner's powers, but doesn't know how to play with other pets. That changes, though, when he's forced to lead a team of newly powered rescue animals to save Metropolis.

"I wanted it to be a real threat that you felt lived up to not just a goofy movie, but a real serious superhero threat — but also one that uniquely can only be solved by a group of pets," director and screenwriter Jared Stern tells EW. "I really wanted people to come away from this movie feeling like animation is a technique and not a genre. I wanted them to feel like, 'That was a really great superhero movie and it had everything I love in a superhero movie: It had great action, was really fun.'"

Merton the turtle (Natasha Lyonne), PB the pig (Vanessa Bayer), Krypto (Dwayne Johnson), Chip the squirrel (Diego Luna), and Ace (Kevin Hart) in 'DC League of Super Pets' | CREDIT: WARNER BROS. PICTURES

Super-animals aren't a new concept for the DC Comics universe. Featuring Krypto, Streaky the Super Cat, and several others, the Legion of Super Pets was first introduced in the 1960s. Pictured above, the big-screen take on this team features Merton the turtle (Natasha Lyonne), PB the pig (Vanessa Bayer), Chip the squirrel (Diego Luna), and Ace, a pup voiced by Kevin Hart.

Stern, who previously co-wrote The Lego Batman Movie, came up with the idea for League of Super-Pets after volunteering with his wife at a rescue shelter where he encountered a group of unadopted pets who had been there for a long time.

"They seemed so powerless," he recalls. "I don't know why, but I thought, 'What if those pets had powers?'"

Ace (Kevin Hart) and Krypto (Dwayne Johnson) in 'DC League of Super-Pets' | CREDIT: WARNER BROS. PICTURES

While Krypto learns a lot from leading the league, his relationship with Ace is at the heart of the movie. "It's a buddy story about those two guys," Stern says. "[Krypto] flies above the streets, Ace is from the streets. He's a shelter pet and so he knows a little bit more about being a regular dog. Their dynamic is figuring that out and butting heads in that way."

Seems like some necessary ruff-ness.

DC League of Super-Pets is slated to hit theaters May 20, 2022.clickable text
Post 23 IP   flag post
600787 23 23
This topic is archived. Start new topic?