Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Books purchased due to the Weekly cover contest.15781

CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Has anyone purchased a book they saw on the weekly cover contest? Today wasn’t the first time I did that and we have a sweet Madame Xanadu first appearance on the boards. If one is guilty of purchasing from that thread post it here.
Post 1 IP   flag post

Post 2 IP   flag post
Re post yours @flanders, it deserves the cred.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
I believe the Doorway to Nightmare #1 is the first one I've purchased that I've seen on a weekly cover contest, but I may have also purchased this Nick Fury #2.

I also picked this up a couple years ago after seeing it on @sborock's cool books thread. I don't regret a single purchase I've made.

This one is still on my radar from the weekly cover contest, but may be out of my price range with my recent spending habits.

Post 4 IP   flag post
I’ve wanted that Cap for a while.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Darkseid_of_town private msg quote post Address this user

Book I chased down after seeing in the thread...Enchantress seldom gets a cover, let alone with the Scarlet witch !
Post 6 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
For me, it was this one due to Ed @esaravo..he either entered it in the cover contest or showed it in the contest discussion thread....and I'm thankful for sure! I love this cover!!

Post 7 IP   flag post
Oh boy! I can see more purchases. @Darkseid, I’ve never seen those,
Post 8 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
I think the HOS was in one of the contest threads. I don't remember because I bought it a couple years ago.

Post 9 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user

Post 10 IP   flag post
I live in RI and Rhode Islanders eat chili with beans. esaravo private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley - Happy Birthday, Mike!
Post 11 IP   flag post
It was a one trick pony show but always hilarious. GAC private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley Happy Birthday Mike!!!
Post 12 IP   flag post

Post 13 IP   flag post
The one I posted is the same book, flipped right side and upside down.

I tend to focus hard on the girls from 1964....so that for me is Zatanna, and then from marvel you have Enchantress, Scarlet witch, Black widow, Hela and a few more. We seldom get anything with Enchantress, especially a cover so...and one with the Scarlet witch as well? Its a bit harder to find being a Motown exclusive, but I first saw it in our cover contest a few years back

Seeing a few posts around online stating the lady in green is Polaris, but I dont agree
Post 14 IP   flag post

Cool Books thread
Post 15 IP   flag post
Like they said @Studley_Dudley!
Post 16 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Happy birthday
@Studley_Dudley
Post 17 IP   flag post
@Studley_Dudley It's your birthday? Looks like we're having drinks tonight!
Post 18 IP   flag post
I searched and bought this one after seeing @Bronte's

Post 19 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

okay but can we agree that we all cant just up and run after a 4k book !! wow, that a great book...I dont think I have anything that could even touch that.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkseid_of_town
Quote:
Originally Posted by GAC

okay but can we agree that we all cant just up and run after a 4k book !! wow, that a great book...I dont think I have anything that could even touch that.

Ha! 🙂 I've seen your books...they are incredible! You've got a Kirby signed Incredible Hulk 1...that's one of the top books in all of comics in my opinion. 🍻
Post 21 IP   flag post
you are too kind, but thanks. I forgot about that one...but I do like your Bat book there, great slab!
Post 22 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
I forget who posted it, but I was struck by it instantly, had to grab a copy.

Post 23 IP   flag post

Post 24 IP   flag post
Quote:
you are too kind, but thanks. I forgot about that one...but I do like your Bat book there, great slab!

Thanks Mike!! 🍻
Post 25 IP   flag post
" . " Davethebrave private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

In fairness, collector watches are a lot more expensive both on average and extremes.

Just sayin’.
Post 26 IP   flag post
I hear their hourly rate is outrageous! sportshort private msg quote post Address this user
@Studley_Dudley, Happy B-Day!!!
Post 27 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
These are the ones I'm 90% positive that they were in the contest thread. I have a ton more on my want list!!!

I'm sure I'm missing a few more. There might be another post.
Post 28 IP   flag post
Please continue to ignore anything I post. southerncross private msg quote post Address this user
There was one book someone had posted in a contest awhile ago. That I hunted for.

Post 29 IP   flag post
Collector doog private msg quote post Address this user
Here is a handful I bought after seeing them here. Can’t remember if it was specifically that contest though. There are more

Post 30 IP   flag post
600861 37 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?