I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towmater
My search of Primer 2's doesn't pull up any sales

Search Comic Primer 2 to screen out the cosmetic and paint sales.

Doesn't answer what I asked but, it narrows it done to 1 of 2 raw books sold since the announcement. 1 sold on the 14th and 1 sold on the 15th. None since then. The one on the 14th has issues. Loads of color breaks on the spin. The other sold on the 15th has at least 2 color breaks on the spin. That one sold #$1004.00 with shipping.

So which one was it?
Post 26 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedOne1944
So which one was it?

alright, alright, it was the one that cost a grand. I think it's a reasonable risk/reward for speculation, maybe I lose $300 in the long run, maybe I make $2,000. It had a "best offer" option but I skipped it because I didn't want to lose the book by trying to save 5-10%, I figure that will be irrelevant in the long-run. I was more worried about the "economy shipping" for $6 and the fact that the seller didn't sell many comic books. I contacted him and asked him for secure shipping since I accepted the asking price. He agreed and let me give him instructions how to ship. He shipped double boxed and the outer box got smashed but the book held up. I'm expecting 8.5-9.0 after press and clean. Here it is:

Post 27 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
That is a gorgeous copy! I was never fortunate enough to have a Primer #2, so I'm satisfied with being vicariously happy.
Post 28 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@EbayMafia I was eyeing that one myself, I think you did good. Once Grendel is shown in a trailer or at least made mainstream, your going to double your money easy. Congrats
Post 29 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Ive never understood why a book that has been around for 40 years or longer spikes because the character is suddenly in a TV show or movie. The best (worst) example is Agatha Harkness. No one cared until a hollow comparison showed up in a mediocre television show. Which, ironically, ends with another character, White Vision, making an appearance and spiking another book that could have been picked up for a $1 or less prior.
Post 30 IP   flag post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrWatson
Ive never understood why a book that has been around for 40 years or longer spikes because the character is suddenly in a TV show or movie.

I would compare it to the stock value of a company. If you look at Apple, they came out pretty hot then dropped of the radar screen for a decade or two. Then developments happen that give the company new potential and give investors a whole new perspective on the value of the stock. In many cases introducing it to new investors who had never even considered owning it before.
Post 31 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman66
@EbayMafia I was eyeing that one myself, I think you did good. Once Grendel is shown in a trailer or at least made mainstream, your going to double your money easy. Congrats

@Batman66 You're the reason I had to buy without making an offer. I figured you were hot on my heels, lol.
Post 32 IP   flag post
I showed my wife and she was so happy for me she started to cry. Batman66 private msg quote post Address this user
@DrWatson the difference is Grendel has had a fan base who just love this character with great a storyline. Die hard fans have been waiting a long time for this to happen. This is just going to expose many new people into this world. These books have been unappreciated by the mainstream for too long.
Post 33 IP   flag post
@EbayMafia don't worry I'm still recuperating from my last few purchases. Unless it's a book a really need or until I sell a few of my duplicates, I'm going to be on the down low. I'm spending a ton on grading as well.
Post 34 IP   flag post
Miss Chanandler Bong jake private msg quote post Address this user
Primer 2 info and stats on Key Collector:

Post 35 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
Looks like it will be very cool.

No luck on finding my Primer 2 yet but did find a bunch of Dark Horse Grendel stuff. I'm guessing I should wait a little bit before putting them up for sale.

I know I have the Grendel, Madman, and Mage action figures in my storage as well
Post 36 IP   flag post
Collector* Towmater private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake
Primer 2 info and stats on Key Collector:

The Madman comment was overlooked and buried in it. Do you have any idea where Key Collector heard that? Also, when you look up the book it just says "Madman would be a solid property to get optioned".
Post 37 IP   flag post

This is all KC stated. No source.
Post 38 IP   flag post
On Mike Allred's Twitter Account In #Limbo as all the rights have reverted to me, but I'm too completely engrossed in making comics books (where I bliss out all day every day) to jump out into Movieland right now. Would LUV to make a ginchy flick or series, but would need perfect situation to magically appear.

KC should update the status.
Post 39 IP   flag post
@jake The bullet point in the jpg you posted states,

"We have been told that Madman from Creatures of the Id #1 has already been optioned but has yet to be announced".

That looks like they stated something very big there. That is a very low census book. Under 200 copies.
Post 40 IP   flag post
I’ll keep a lookout for an announcement.

These are the current selling prices of the comic.

Post 41 IP   flag post
I

The plot thickens.
Post 42 IP   flag post
If the character is in development then the person who bought that 9.2 comic made a wise choice. I would that book to explode like Grendel.
Post 43 IP   flag post
So, will Grafik Muzik #1 take off if Madman get developed?
Post 44 IP   flag post
Don’t know. If the show is a hit, then most likely we will see a spike in the short term. For long term, probably not. As an example, TMNT first color issue has not held up well.

Post 45 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake
TMNT first color issue has not held up well

True, but that may be across the board for 1st colour apearances, because we see pretty much the same thing with Doomsday Squad #3, that has the 1st colour appearance of Usagi Yojimbo. It's even an actual back-up story, and not just an advertisement on a back cover. As keys go, 1st colour appearances don't seem to be that much in demand.
Post 46 IP   flag post
I was going through my collection to pick which books to slab and forgot that my Grendel v2 #1 has a tiny sketch on the splash page. Not a work of art, but pretty cool to me. I am hesitant to slab, because I want to still see it. I saw the image add-on feature, but I doubt that it is for the splash page. I would like to know what you all think.

Post 47 IP   flag post
The apple sauce and pudding were the best part... Bronte private msg quote post Address this user
Take a picture and keep it with the graded book?
Post 48 IP   flag post
To answer your question, no, this is not where the comics go to die. MutantMania private msg quote post Address this user
@jake don't lock it up in a plastic prison 😢
Post 49 IP   flag post
@jake If it was volume 1 I would say slab it. Since it's volume 2 I say keep it raw so you can enjoy that sketch that presumably Matt Wagner spent 10-15 seconds on, lol.
Post 50 IP   flag post
@Bronte Yeah, the idea crossed my mind.

@MutantMania @EbayMafia LOL! I will keep it raw. To me, part of the fun is going through the PC and re-discovering these things, like Geof Darrow did a quick sketch of Carl and signed it D and drew an Arrow on the splash page of Hard Boiled #1. I will post it if I can find it.
Post 51 IP   flag post
600796 51 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?