Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze AgeComics Modern Age

Scifnator Pedigree15667

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Since @ebaymadia referenced his win of one of my auctions, I thought I would expand a bit on the origin of those WildCATS “Pedigree”.

I was indeed the original owner of all of the WildCATS #1 that were submitted under 19-1B55924 and 19-2A68684. 19-1B55924 was actually my second test run of CBCS before i dumped nearly 3,000 comics on them at the 2019 SDCC. The 19-2A68684 was one of the SDCC submissions.

All of those Wildcats were bought at J&J Comics which was located on St College Blvd in Anaheim Ca. That was my second speculative buy (Alpha Flight #1 was my first a dozen years earlier). It wasn’t just speculation though, as it was agreed that I would receive the Dealer 1/100 incentive Gold Variant edition. And, I still have it in my Force Ghost/Permanent collection. See below.

J&J would go out of business a few months later as Mile High Comics had opened up a superstore a couple of miles away. That MHC, and 3 other LCS’s, would go out of business a few years later during the late 90’s comic bust, to which I had already withdrawn from collecting in large part out of protest towards the multiple cover craze

Post 1 IP   flag post
Where's his Bat-package? Byrdibyrd private msg quote post Address this user
Two 9.9's...? O.O
Post 2 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
Two 9.9's...? O.O

@Byrdibyrd - And, neither was pressed, they are the only 9.9's in the CBCS Population Report, lastly, there are none graded this high in the cgc census.

Part of my Force Ghost collection to be passed on to my twin sons.
Post 3 IP   flag post
That's crazy! And a 9.8 on the gold, too! I am so jeally....
Post 4 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrdibyrd
That's crazy! And a 9.8 on the gold, too! I am so jeally....

@Byrdibyrd - Thanks. The 100 were in case form and I put directly into bags and boards (except for one that I read). The Gold, I was lucky enough to be able to hand pick from the 5 that J&J received. In the CBCS Population report, it is the only 9.8 (3%) 27 graded examples. In the cgc census, there are 61 (25%) 9.8's out of 242 examples.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Collector Reelgee private msg quote post Address this user
WOW That's sweet!!
Post 6 IP   flag post
@Scifinator Very cool! Still waiting on my first 9.9 but I have my fingers crossed.
Post 7 IP   flag post
601477 7 7
This topic is archived. Start new topic?