Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
Collector jesseaweiss private msg quote post Address this user
Silver Surfer #4. I've had it since 1990 (I think), bought it for $45 and a day working at a comic convention in CT. That last pic is the first time I've even opened the book since I got it.

I don't know a ton about grading, but had thought 6-7 because of the bottom left corner, but now that I've looked at it, it's actually nicer than I remembered. Thoughts?

Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
Nice book! Press it to get the cover indents out and I think that’s a solid 7.5.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector lawguy1977 private msg quote post Address this user
@Haljordanfan Totally agree, I put it at a 7.5 as well. Love that book!
Post 3 IP   flag post
I haven't aired it out. It's part of the provenance. Galen130 private msg quote post Address this user
With that small chunk of paper missing on that corner, I also think this will get a 7.5...tops.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Pictures? We don't need no stinking pictures. brysb private msg quote post Address this user
Nice looking copy!
Post 5 IP   flag post
Thanks all .
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Terry88 private msg quote post Address this user
I would absolutely NOT press that book. That spine (any square spine for that matter) HATES pressing. Right now your wrap looks absolutely fantastic and presents amazingly.

I pressed mine and will regret it forever.

Just my two cents.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry88
I would absolutely NOT press that book. That spine (any square spine for that matter) HATES pressing. Right now your wrap looks absolutely fantastic and presents amazingly.

I pressed mine and will regret it forever.

Just my two cents.

To be honest I wasn't thinking I would just because of the timeframe for pressing alone, but thanks for the tip. I hadn't look at the book closely in literally years so didn't remember it being quite so nice. Was a pleasant surprise.
Post 8 IP   flag post
Collector cesidio private msg quote post Address this user
Don't get it pressed. 7.0 to 7.5. Nice book
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
I agree with everyone else. It looks like it's in VF- (7.5).
Post 10 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
Beautiful copy
Post 11 IP   flag post
Collector Trespa68 private msg quote post Address this user
I would say around a 7.0 (6.5?).

Besides the ding on the bottom of the spine, there is also a smaller one at the top. Also, there looks to be a long color break vertically along the spine center. I can not tell if the "A" in Marvel has another ding on it or if it is a photo glitch. The indentation above Thor's knee is also quite noticeable.

On the plus side the other edges look good and the cover is has bright colours and a nice gloss to it. The back is nice and white with just a touch of soiling. Inside is close to white, but it will probably receive a white / off-white rating.

A really nice book.....
Post 12 IP   flag post
Collector Jetsetfive private msg quote post Address this user
6.5 - 7 for all the reasons listed plus what looks to be some water marks on the bottom right of the cover (on the green and orange). Also looks like minor crease on the bottom middle (yellow). Still the indent is the biggest culprit. Press and it's a 7.5 I think.
Post 13 IP   flag post
600880 13 13
This topic is archived. Start new topic?