Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS GradedComics Bronze Age

New Highest Price in Grade15186

Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
A new record price for an Alpha Flight #1 in the 9.0 grade has just been achieved. Looks to be substantially higher than any price paid for a 9.0 CBCS or cgc.

clickable text
Post 1 IP   flag post
Keep your $6.87 bro... not even saving tax with that. Cli4dR3D0g private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scifinator
A new record price for an Alpha Flight #1 in the 9.0 grade has just been achieved. Looks to be substantially higher than any price paid for a 9.0 CBCS or cgc.

clickable text

Amazing. I remember when a 9.6 was $60 and over-priced. Ahh, the good ol days.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
Prices are all over the place lately. I think some speculators are fearing a crash and selling off en masse, and some collectors are willing to still pay outrageous prices on some books. I picked up 5 9.8 recent venom/King in black slabs for about 30 bucks a piece. Great covers, a couple of them more rare virgin variants as well that are selling for well above that, but the seller has been just bombarding his store with graded books that all end at the same time so the bidding is spread around a little more and it's easier to "snipe" some auctions for cheap.
Post 3 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Sorry guys I can’t find the price. What did it sell for?
Post 4 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

$14. Just kidding $120.
Post 5 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
It was probably the 9.0 but looks like a 9.6 in the description that did it for you.
Post 6 IP   flag post
CBCS Boomhauer HeinzDad private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzDad

$14. Just kidding $120.
Ok, that gives me a better direction on the ones I've been looking at.
Post 7 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
It was probably the 9.0 but looks like a 9.6 in the description that did it for you.

Usually a bold statement like that in the description will carry the laundry.
Post 8 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
Even weirder that your CBCS 9.6 at auction sold for less than that.
Post 9 IP   flag post
Collector crystalphoto private msg quote post Address this user
This whole market seems upside down... I have been filling holes at better than FMV for a while now... there are no more "deals". Everyone is trying to retire on just one book sale it seems...Rant over... sorry guys/gals...
Post 10 IP   flag post
Collector Sebastsk8 private msg quote post Address this user
@crystalphoto there are still plenty of deals out there, you just have to look a little harder for them. Hipcomic I've seen some nice books at low prices, and ebay I'm still grabbing up some nice slabbed and raw books occasionally(I just have to look harder...and have saved search notifications when something pops up).

Yard sales and lcs back issue bins etc don't seem as fruitful anymore, but over the winter I did pick up a ton of dollar per book issues of asm which I then sold a good bit of off for 5+/book.
Post 11 IP   flag post
Have I told you about the time I dropped off 3,000 comics at SDCC? Scifinator private msg quote post Address this user
So sold record prices on a 7.0 ($71), 9.0 ($120), 9.2 ($116), and 9.6 ($145). All CBCS Certified.
Post 12 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by flanders
Even weirder that your CBCS 9.6 at auction sold for less than that.
that’s the way it goes sometimes. my Spider-Man 1 (1990) newsstand & Strange Academy 1 9.8s both barely broke $100. I sold another copy of Strange Academy 9.8 for $140 (Win!). Watched Spider-verse 1 Walmart cover for a while. all were selling +/- a few of $100; mine sold for $56. All of these had tons of views, watchers, several bidders, and auctions ending on the weekend at similar times. It sucks but I didn’t loose money.
Post 13 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
So sold record prices on a 7.0 ($71), 9.0 ($120), 9.2 ($116), and 9.6 ($145). All CBCS Certified.
I’m not took shocked. I was expecting several hundred 🥴
Post 14 IP   flag post
And, we have a new Record Price!

From the personal collection of Scifinator, originally purchased and read at time of publication:

Moon Knight 3 CBCS 9.8 - Sold on vie MCS/Ebay - $380

Direct link

Post 15 IP   flag post
Houston, we have.... I mean Dallas, we have a new record!

From the personal collection of Scifinator,o riginally purchased and read at time of publication, this Rai #1 just sold for $150 which looks to be a new record for an unsigned example of that issue. Cheers CBCS!

Post 16 IP   flag post
Auction just ended on my CBCS 8.5 Alpha Flight #1. $71 Looks like a new record price in that grade.

Post 17 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
For those at home keeping records, that's a record for an 8.5 with a checkmark!
Post 18 IP   flag post
@Nuffsaid111 - Check marks the spot.
Post 19 IP   flag post
Silver Surfer 52 - 9.0 sold at $39.90

Silver Surfer 59 - 9.4 sold at $49.99 which is only $7.51 below the highest sold cgc 9.8

Post 20 IP   flag post
New high price for 9.6 grade GRB SoV #1 - CBCS copy just sold via MCS/eBay for $64 plus shipping. Previous high was cgc $49.99 w/free ship.

Post 21 IP   flag post
I'm a #2. BigRedOne1944 private msg quote post Address this user
Congratulations on the sales! Glad to see CBCS Slabs holding their own
Post 22 IP   flag post
And, another highest price in grade ...Actually, this CBCS 8.5 Howard the Duck 12 sold via MCS/eBay at $63 which is actually higher than even any 9.0 cgc sales.

Post 23 IP   flag post
This one actually sold on the sept 1st. CBCS 9.0 Howard the Duck #13 hit new high mark of $55.99.

Post 24 IP   flag post
But, Wait! There's more...

On the 9th, a CBCS 8.5 X-Men 105 sold on MCS at $121.99 and crushed the previous GoCollect cgc record of $89.95.

Post 25 IP   flag post
I sold a couple DD Volume 2 #9 (first Echo) on MCS. The CBCS 9.8 sold a while back for about $850. Last week the CBCS 9.6 sold for $330. I think those were high water marks for MCS, probably not Ebay though. I have another 9.6 in this weeks auction, currently only about $170.
Post 26 IP   flag post
Sold this Previews bound-in editon at $320 via the MCS eBay Store. There is a Plasm O that sold for over $500, but that was the 1 Staple Variant which was sent out promotionally.

Obviously there would have been many mor thousands of the bound-in edition printed, I wonder how many of those are still in existence as opposed to having been thrown away?

Post 27 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Sold this Previews bound-in editon at $320 via the MCS eBay Store. There is a Plasm O that sold for over $500, but that was the 1 Staple Variant which was sent out promotionally.

Obviously there would have been many mor thousands of the bound-in edition printed, I wonder how many of those are still in existence as opposed to having been thrown away?

I have 2. One still in the Previews and one removed.
Now if someone could slab that Previews...
Post 28 IP   flag post
Thank you sir. May I have another? Siggy private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalphoto
This whole market seems upside down... I have been filling holes at better than FMV for a while now... there are no more "deals". Everyone is trying to retire on just one book sale it seems...Rant over... sorry guys/gals...

An ASM #23 CGC 7.0 sold this month for $4320.
Last month one sold for $550.
Two months before that, $300.
Post 29 IP   flag post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siggy
An ASM #23 CGC 7.0 sold this month for $4320.

Definitely an error in the data or maybe you made a typo with the issue # or grade?
Post 30 IP   flag post
601290 169 30
This topic is archived. Start new topic?