Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

Value jump from 9.8,9.9,10.14981

Collector Mrbryceman private msg quote post Address this user
I currently have a few books in grading that have leather covers (Lady Death) and a few that have metal covers. Some of the leather cover comic books are in some of the Best shape I've seen. My question is how much of a value bump would they have if they hit 9.9 or even a 10? I've never had anything over 9.8 is why I ask.
Post 1 IP   flag post
COLLECTOR dielinfinite private msg quote post Address this user
Value jumps will depend entirely on the book.

That said, I wouldn’t get my hopes up, even on metal or leather covers
Post 2 IP   flag post
It's like the Roach Motel for comic collectors. chester15 private msg quote post Address this user
You can subscribe to GPA here: https://comics.gpanalysis.com/ They list all past prices for graded comics, so if you look up a popular comic that likely had some top grades, you can see the value differences.

Or look up some sold graded comics on eBay searching by 9.8, 9.9, and 10.0. If you find some sold comics at 9.9 or 10.0, you can look up what 9.8's sold for recently to compare. Don't use values for comics currently for sale, as those are unproven.

Sales of the top 2 grades are quite rare, so it's not that likely you will find a comic that has sold in all 3 grades recently. EBay only goes back about 60 days.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I'm good with splotches. Nuffsaid111 private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbryceman
I currently have a few books in grading that have leather covers (Lady Death) and a few that have metal covers. Some of the leather cover comic books are in some of the Best shape I've seen. My question is how much of a value bump would they have if they hit 9.9 or even a 10? I've never had anything over 9.8 is why I ask.

Even if deserved, think Royal Flush odds at a one armed bandit.
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector 50AE_DE private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbryceman

As others have said, it really depends on the book. I purchased a slabbed 9.9 1st appearance book for less than what 9.8's were going for. It's the only 9.9 on both censuses but it didn't add anything to it's value.
Post 5 IP   flag post
598060 5 5
This topic is archived. Start new topic?