Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »
CBCS Comics
Not a CBCS member yet? Join now »

other places instead of ebay ?14969

I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
Does anyone on the boards have other places they use to buy & sell instead of ebay.

thanks
tony
Post 1 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
@Beastby1980 I have been buying on livestream YouTube auction nightly. I also sell on Comic Book Poser's Auction Sunday evenings on YouTube. Great community of like minded collectors with great deals to be had.
Post 2 IP   flag post
Collector xvipah private msg quote post Address this user
mycomicshop, CGC boards, here, myslabs.com seems to be a possibility, shortboxed, comiclink, comicconnect.

Lots of places to go. All depends on what you're selling and what kind of fees you do or do not want to pay.
Post 3 IP   flag post
I called CGC about the giveback benefit. beastboy1980 private msg quote post Address this user
comic link looks confusing
Post 4 IP   flag post
Collector Doc_Cop private msg quote post Address this user
With the new tax laws coming to play next year, there will be less and less dealers on Ebay and less persons using PayPal. One of the livestream auctions (Meta4ickal Komics) started using cyber currency as a form of payment for their auctions.
Post 5 IP   flag post
Along the same lines Doc said,. There's lots of good IG dealers as well. Not a bad place to get in and have them sell some of your stuff for you.
Post 6 IP   flag post
Collector Zanziber private msg quote post Address this user
Mercari
Sign up for Mercari and get up to $30. Here's my invitation link : https://merc.li/7s6qywnPb
Post 7 IP   flag post
Collector Mrbryceman private msg quote post Address this user
I have tried a bunch of different places that have been mentioned but the 1 I like is hipcomic.com
Post 8 IP   flag post
ebay is solid
but i am looking for other places
what about bonanza
Post 9 IP   flag post
Beaten by boat oars Studley_Dudley private msg quote post Address this user
MCS, CBCS forum, CGC forum, Comic Link, once in a blue moon I buy on Atomic Avenue and Comic Collector Live. If I sell, it looks like cash, checks, and money orders are in my future.
Post 10 IP   flag post
i was looking for a fixed price type of listings
Post 11 IP   flag post
where you can also take best offers if possible
Post 12 IP   flag post
IG consigners will do that. So will MCS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beastboy1980
i was looking for a fixed price type of listings

Quote:
where you can also take best offers if possible
Post 13 IP   flag post
Collector Mrbryceman private msg quote post Address this user
Hipcomic does auctions and regular stores (people) you can buy from which some of them do sell for obo and most of them you can message them if you are interested in something and they'll work with you. Lots of good people on there.
Post 14 IP   flag post
Not trying to be an ass since February 12, 2020. HulkSmash private msg quote post Address this user
MCS
Post 15 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
I've been using MCS....and I'm like 99.9% sure your crazy tax laws don't apply to me!!! sooooo I'll keep using MCS!
Post 16 IP   flag post
I just put 1 slab up for sale on myslabs, and 1 on shortboxed. Tried not to make either of them TOO overpriced. Interested to see how it goes
Post 17 IP   flag post
If I could, I would. I swear. DrWatson private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
comic link looks confusing

Pain in the ass buying. That's for sure.
Post 18 IP   flag post
Collector cyrano0521 private msg quote post Address this user
Watching, for new sources
Post 19 IP   flag post
Collector Rjman48 private msg quote post Address this user
Certifiedcomicshop.com is a great place to buy and consign! He's handled some big books with most trustworthy in transactions for quite awhile. Check out the site for a great mixed selection of books and very reasonable consignment.
Post 20 IP   flag post
Collector Haljordanfan private msg quote post Address this user
It’s another step in phasing out cash payments as well. Once the collectors go to crypto, it’ll become fully regulated and then the government has us buy the balls from all avenues.

Hopefully this law will change, but it won’t as it’s more taxation.
Post 21 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
MCS, MCS, MCS, MCS. If that doesn't work for you try Lone Star Comics or Mycomicshop.com.
Post 22 IP   flag post
Suck it up, buttercup!! KatKomics private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by EbayMafia
MCS, MCS, MCS, MCS. If that doesn't work for you try Lone Star Comics or Mycomicshop.com.

lol!!

I like Lone Star more than MCS
Post 23 IP   flag post
I'd like to say I still turned out alright, but that would be a lie. flanders private msg quote post Address this user
MCS, but unlike comiclink or comicconnect, they have to have the item(s) in hand. They also have a decreasing commission as the sales price goes up and a flat rate of 8% if sold at auction with a minimum of $5. The payment process is also much simpler and payments are issued weekly. I used comiclink once and they don't even have a record of my transaction or the final payment that was issued to me accessible through my account online. They also may take over 4 weeks to pay you after your item is received by them. I cross list my ebay items on comiclink. Although I'll have to pay the extra shipping cost to comiclink if something sells, I can price it accordingly and I'm charged 10% instead of the 13% or more through ebay. I've yet to try listing on comicconnect, but I believe they charge you 10% plus a 3% premium if the buyer pays by credit card.
Post 24 IP   flag post
Moderator Jesse_O private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:

Ditto.

But ... if you put things on your want list, be ready to act quickly!!! Some of them sell out in minutes.
Post 25 IP   flag post
Masculinity takes a holiday. EbayMafia private msg quote post Address this user
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse_O
Quote:

Ditto.

But ... if you put things on your want list, be ready to act quickly!!! Some of them sell out in minutes.

Hell, if you put them in your cart you need to move quickly. I've lost items from my cart before I got through checkout.
Post 26 IP   flag post
598100 26 26
This topic is archived. Start new topic?